+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jon

Jon

Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 165 lbs.
    Sign: Cancer
    Hometown: Carmel, CA (Born in Reykjavik, Iceland)

PERSONAL BIO
    I was born in Reykjavik, Iceland on June 23, 1982 in 24 hours of sunlight. My name alone requires an explanation: when I was born, it was actually Jon Grimkell Helgasson because in Iceland there is a tradition of taking your father's first name and tagging on "s-s-o-n" to the end of it. When my family moved to the United States my brothers and I received our present name because in our great country, it is conventional to have your father's last name. (My middle name, Grimkell, comes from the Stone Ages and, from what I know, is an old Viking soldier's name.)

After time in New York and Colorado, my family arrived in California when I was in seventh grade. I started surfing, and spent my time playing the piano, clarinet, bass clarinet, baritone saxophone, and guitar. I found a group of friends that are like no other I have ever seen. We are all brothers and we surfed when we had time off from school, we studied hard and pushed each other. I grew to love the ocean, the environment, my friends, life in general, and my beautiful cat. (He is the greatest.)

In junior college, I had a lot of free time, and I spent the majority of that time surfing my brains out, mostly in Big Sur. EPIC!!!! I dated a lot of girls until I found my own special sweetheart and true love. We've been through some incredibly rough times, but have, for the most part, persevered. We are still together to this day. The most painful thing I have ever been through was her horrible, near-death car accident. It was the first time my emotions were truly put to the test. But, she pulled through and eventually I did, too.

After two years of JC, I decided that I was being lazy and thought I would challenge myself at UC Santa Cruz. I have spent two years at UCSC and still have one more. I'm studying astrophysics, which is very difficult but fun. I have realized my ultimate goal in life, and I have set it really high: I want to pilot a space shuttle. In order to do this, I have begun flying and enjoy it immensely. After college, I plan to join the Air Force or Navy to fly my dream plane, the F-16 Falcon, but there is a lot of conflict because I don't want to go to war. So, I'm still struggling with that one.
    Q&A
    Q: What's your current relationship status?
    A: I'm with a girl right now. She goes to Academy of Art College in San Francisco. It's fairly serious.

Q: What physical activities do you do to stay in shape?
    A: I surf a lot like every day. I'm pretty good. I bike a lot, too.

Q: What's your best physical feature?
    A: Probably my scars I've got a bunch of matching scars, they're really cool. One was from kidney surgery when I was really young; it's right across my stomach. One I cut myself. They're on the same side, matching.

Q: What quality do you have that would make you a successful model?
    A: I follow directions really easily. I'm pretty easy to work with.

Q: Do you have a secret skill or hidden talent?
    A: I play piano and guitar. I'm fairly good at piano, been playing all my life. My favorite composer is Chopin he's got the best style. Beethoven was step above the rest for his time. I like to play Ragtime, Joplin; it's fun to play. And jazz, like Dave Brubeck's "Take Five."

Q: What were your best and worst subjects in school?
    A: My best subjects were Math and Science. I majored in Physics. My worst subjects would probably be Sociology or Psychology.

Q: What are some of your favorite movies, books and CDs?
    A: Music: Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti
    Book: probably Best of Roald Dahl short stories
    Movie: Those Magnificent Men and Their Flying Machines or Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Q: Did you have a childhood pet?
    A: My cat has been with us for twelve years now; I found him fully grown in Colorado. His name is Ignacius, or Iggy, named after Dr. Ignacius. He's a beautiful white cat with gorgeous blue eyes, very loving and friendly, likes to be petted.

Q: What's the one product or item you can't live without?
    A: Sticky Bumps surf wax.

Q: When you want to indulge yourself, what's your favorite guilty pleasure?
    A: I eat a lot of ice cream sandwiches.

Q: What's your favorite curse word?
    A: I say the F-word a lot, it's my favorite because you can use it for everything.
    Last edited by sher; 10-12-2004 at 12:32 PM.

LG.
    Ok this cracked me up:

Q: When you want to indulge yourself, what's your favorite guilty pleasure?
    A: I eat a lot of ice cream sandwiches.
    the guy from ICELAND loves ICE cream sandwhiches.

I think he's very good looking, though, for a viking-surfer-dude.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

He could be April's (ANTM) brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Milay
    He could be April's (ANTM) brother.
    Holy cow! You're right!!!

He's got strong features which make him stand out, great body too! He should do well.

Q: Did you have a childhood pet?
    A: My cat has been with us for twelve years now; I found him fully grown in Colorado. His name is Ignacius, or Iggy, named after Dr. Ignacius. He's a beautiful white cat with gorgeous blue eyes, very loving and friendly, likes to be petted.
    That's a lot of verbage about his cat. I'm in love!

I wish he would shampoo his hair, though.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

He's the closest thing to the total package (face and body) in the group. Top three potential.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

And he was a physics major? Damn. He may even be smart.

FORT Fogey
    me likey...wohoo

All I have to say............CUUUUUUUTE!

And Jon has great personality..... me likey

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast