+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jon

Quote Originally Posted by GlamPam
    Okay, this is going to reveal my almost obsessive memory for all things Jon, but he did have surgery on his kidney when he was young so maybe that has something to do with it.
    I know when I had surgery on my kidney, the doctors entered through the back.

And he is cool about the scar. In his bio, he points out it out as his distinctive feature. I noticed the scar in his gender bender pic. It goes well with that punk and sulky look.

OH!

I've never noticed it until now

It's obvious here

sometimes I think he looks Hawaiian(ish)

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    sometimes I think he looks Hawaiian(ish)
    Actually he looks very much like a Hapa - what we call here in Hawaii as anyone who is half haole (caucasian) & half Asian and/or Hawaiian. He looks more Amer-Asian than part Hawaiian. We know he is Icelandic and many of them do have the Asiatic eyes, but the dark skin could mean that he is a mix. His coloring is too all-over to be just a tan. Regardless of his racial extraction, or because of it, he is one gorgeous hunk of man.

glamgirl21

article about Jon!

Santa Cruz Sentinel

November 29, 2004 http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/arc...es/03local.htm

UCSC student is finalist in Bravo’s male model show
    By MICHELLE CAMERLINGO
    Sentinel Correspondent

Jon Jonsson, a finalist on Bravo’s "Manhunt: The Search for America’s Most Gorgeous Male Model," can no longer eat a burrito at Taqueria Vallarta without teenage fans snapping pictures of him with their camera phones.

"So did you win?" a blushing fan asked Jonsson as he posed with her for a picture. Jonsson smiled apologetically and said that he was bound by contract and could not say. Currently he is in the top two with one more episode to go. The final episode, which will reveal the winner, airs Tuesday at 8 p.m. on Bravo (channel 48 for local Comcast subscribers).

Hosted by Carmen Electra, "Manhunt" is the first show on Bravo to reveal the anguish and angst of the ever-neglected male-modeling world. The contestants are pitted against each other in a series of challenges to compete for a $100,000 modeling contract with IMG Models, one of the top international modeling management firms.

By chance

The Carmel native and UC Santa Cruz astrophysics student was thrown into the limelight on a whim during a 10-minute interview at the IMG office in San Francisco.

"I didn’t really think twice about it. A few weeks after the audition I got a call saying I was in the top 30 and was offered a ticket to fly to Los Angeles. At this point, I thought, ‘Why not do this?’ " Jonsson said.

Contrary to popular belief, posing for pictures is not all fun and games. The finalists’ emotional limits were driven to the edge, according to Jonsson.

"We knew we were going to be pushed, the producers always had something up their sleeves," he said.

Advertisement

On the first day of filming the contestants had to strip down to their underwear for an unflinching evaluation by the judges in which four contestants were automatically eliminated. Other episodes included being secretly followed by a tabloid photographer and undergoing a harsh meeting with improv actors who posed as advertising executives.

The judges on the show include supermodel Marisa Miller, a Santa Cruz native, and Bruce Hulse, who has been modeling for more than two decades.

Under the spotlight
    Jonsson, with a chiseled jaw and striking eyes, gets his exotic features from his background, which is part Icelandic and part Thai.

The 5-foot-11-inch model said the most difficult aspect of the show was constantly being told what was wrong with him aesthetically — his height and his teeth.

"Before the show, I was never really self-conscious about my looks and body, but when you are told every day for a month what is wrong with you, it can really start to take its toll," said Jonsson.

"It’s hard to be criticized for something that you can’t fix. It wasn’t like school, where I could work or study harder. I couldn’t make myself grow an inch or two," he said.

The contestants faced everything from skydiving in their boxer briefs (cue music: "Its Raining Men") to donning gallons of makeup and hair spray for a leather, latex and chains photo shoot. With the rock star makeup and grungy long hair, Jonsson was reminiscent of Brandon Lee’s character in "The Crow."

"It was weird being in competition with other guys over beauty and looks, there were a ton of guys who I thought were better looking and wanted it more," said Jonsson.

"It took me a while to realize that the competition wasn’t really about how much you wanted it or how hard you were willing to work. I mean it was to an extent but, mostly it was about fitting a particular mold," he said.

True to Santa Cruz form, while basking in the sun on location in Puerto Rico and lounging by the pool at The Standard Hotel in Los Angeles, what Jonsson wanted most was to somehow help John Kerry win the election.

"During filming the election was killing me, I just wanted to leave and campaign for John Kerry. I was one of the only anti-Bush people in the show," he said with a laugh.

Before the show Jonsson did some modeling with H&M, a trendy clothing company, and some runway work. He has decided to put school on hold for a year and left for New York to model after Thanksgiving.

Jonsson attributes staying grounded to his friends who make fun of him for being the next "Zoolander" and to refusing to be jaded by the industry.

"This is an unequal society," he said, "You can be paid a ton of money for what your genetics are. It’s all by chance."

At this point Jonsson is torn between modeling and astrophysics.

"What’s tough about this point in my life is that everything is so up in the air. I guess I am at that proverbial fork in the road. I could do what I absolutely love — surf and go to school or I can pursue modeling and possibly make a ton of money."

He paused, "Ultimately I want to do both."
    Last edited by Mantenna; 11-30-2004 at 01:33 AM.

great interview thank you. so there is some asian(thai)

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I suspected that he was half Asian. But he's all hotness. Yum!

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    And another thought... when Rob wins (this is Bravo, a gay guy is going to win - plus note Jon's comment about fitting into a mold), I hope that beautiful Jon gets a contract with Armani or Calvin Klein and sticks it to Bruce Hulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    And another thought... when Rob wins (this is Bravo, a gay guy is going to win - plus note Jon's comment about fitting into a mold), I hope that beautiful Jon gets a contract with Armani or Calvin Klein and sticks it to Bruce Hulse.
    gosh i so hope you're wrong about rob

yeah when jon does a steely face he can look very armani anyone care to agree?

+ Reply to Thread