+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jon

Hey Jon

From one Icelander to another (not that he reads the boards)..........
    Jeg elska Thig!!!! (No Icelandic alphabet on my keyboard unfortunately, so this is somewhat phonetic) Okay, and how weird is this; I also grew up in Carmel and went to Pacific Grove highschool! Sadly, I am almost old enough to be his mother

Edited to add: Really weird....I went back to his profile and I was actually living in Reykjavik when he was born.................
    Last edited by horsnhound; 10-17-2004 at 10:13 PM.

I too am a member of his fan club, he has such interesting features, and yummy body.

Dreamy!

*sigh*
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    Hm. Cut that hair off. Gorgeous face - but other than that ....hm.
    beauty is only skin deep.

oh i think the hair is good

looks very surfer like

Quote Originally Posted by horsnhound
    From one Icelander to another (not that he reads the boards)..........
    Jeg elska Thig!!!! (No Icelandic alphabet on my keyboard unfortunately, so this is somewhat phonetic) Okay, and how weird is this; I also grew up in Carmel and went to Pacific Grove highschool! Sadly, I am almost old enough to be his mother

Edited to add: Really weird....I went back to his profile and I was actually living in Reykjavik when he was born.................
    QUESTION: do a lot of icelanders look that way? meaning with quasi-asian traits (exotic eyes, skin color) ??

Some do and Laplanders too. I took a physical anthro class that studied how the races evolved due to climate, etc. People who evolve in very cold climates like Asians, Laplanders and some Icelandic people develop the epicanthic fold in the eye and high cheekbones with heavier fat around the eye bone to protect the eyes from both the glare of the sun & ice and the cold. The Icelandic singer Byork also has this look. His dark coloring is probably a tan because he is an avid surfer.

Actually Jon looks like a local boy from Hawaii. Our standard local mix is Hawaiian/Chinese/Portugese with varying other mixes thrown in that are Japanese, Korean, Caucasian, etc. He would fit in here really well and every one would expect him to speak pigin English.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Very nice, smooth physique, exotic looks - very nice face...half Asian I suppose. I'm not big on the hair. I like it short, but... he still has much potential. Maybe trim the hair a little...

I think Jon is the pro.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Some do and Laplanders too. I took a physical anthro class that studied how the races evolved due to climate, etc. People who evolve in very cold climates like Asians, Laplanders and some Icelandic people develop the epicanthic fold in the eye and high cheekbones with heavier fat around the eye bone to protect the eyes from both the glare of the sun & ice and the cold. The Icelandic singer Byork also has this look. His dark coloring is probably a tan because he is an avid surfer.

Actually Jon looks like a local boy from Hawaii. Our standard local mix is Hawaiian/Chinese/Portugese with varying other mixes thrown in that are Japanese, Korean, Caucasian, etc. He would fit in here really well and every one would expect him to speak pigin English.

It's interesting that Icelanders do have widely varying phyical attributes. I myself have green eyes and auburn hair, not the expected blond nordic/viking look. My cousins however, who all live there, all have blond hair/ light blue eyes. We all get deep dark tropical tans, something my american friends all marvel at You do see alot of Icelanders with dark hair and eyes and very high cheekbones, similar to Bjork. And of course you get all the shades in between.....I went to Holland over the summer and thought to myself "Ah, THIS (and Sweden) must be what everyone thinks Icelanders should look like' ! Funny, I too immediately assumed Jon was native Hawaiian.

more useless Icelandic trivia........

" was born in Reykjavik, Iceland on June 23, 1982 in 24 hours of sunlight. My name alone requires an explanation: when I was born, it was actually Jon Grimkell Helgasson because in Iceland there is a tradition of taking your father's first name and tagging on "s-s-o-n" to the end of it. "

As Jon states above it is Icelandic custom for the child to take the fathers first name and add either s-s-o-n, if it's a son or d-o-t-t-i-r, if it's a daughter, hence I am Jonasdottir ...........

+ Reply to Thread