+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Brandon winning has totally turned me off of this show, too.

The girls who broke down during the judge's comments were all scolded and told that they had to be tough to be a supermodel.

Brandon blubbers like a schoolgirl about his mommy and he wins?

I don't get it.

IT'S A SHOW!

It's not like everyone's losing their life savings (i.e. the aforementioned Bernie Madoff). Jonathan had no where to go because he started off too strong. He also photographs OLDER quite a bit. Now Sandhurst's picture was stunning and personally I feel he should've won, but I have no problem with Branden.

I don't think Branden's very attractive (Colin was the most attractive to me), but he obviously photographs well. And We're Seeing The Show On TV - Not In Person! There's a very big difference. And he may have more presence than either Sandhurst or Jonathan.

Jonathan's body is too cut for him not to do well. Sandhurst is too beautiful for him not to do well. They'll be fine.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 06-05-2009 at 11:14 PM.

It's not like everyone's losing their life savings
    Speaking of which...what might an average "working" model expect to earn in the course of a year? That is, how many jobs might a typical model (say, Jonathan) expect to book in L.A. or NYC, where there is a lot of competition, over a year's time?

Anyone know?

I'm trying to figure out if a decent model (not a supermodel, but a decent one) can actually earn a good enough living to support a family.

FORT Fogey

I thought they should have declared a tie between the top 3. They were all great.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer;3485542;
    Speaking of which...what might an average "working" model expect to earn in the course of a year? That is, how many jobs might a typical model (say, Jonathan) expect to book in L.A. or NYC, where there is a lot of competition, over a year's time?

Anyone know?

I'm trying to figure out if a decent model (not a supermodel, but a decent one) can actually earn a good enough living to support a family.
    An average working model's salary can range depending on what they're doing and where, as some markets (NY, LA, CHI) pay more than what they call the secondary markets (Seattle, Austin, Miami, etc). Ironically, print pays the least but gives the most prestige and exposure. Runway can run anywhere from 200-500 per day depending on where the show is. Someone with an awesome walk and the right attitude can work all the major shows here and overseas and make 100k-250k a year and never get in front of a camera. Art models are generally paid $12-25 an hour and in markets like Chicago and NY with an abundance of art schools can make a very comfortable living; I know an older gentleman who's an ex-dancer that is on rotation at 5 different art schools in Chicago who makes roughly 65k+ working 4 hours a day (he also charges over the going rate for "private lessons")

The more "known" you become, the more clients will pay for your services. And of course the big money is in getting an exclusive contract with a company.

Thanks, Kao. Sounds to me like the ones who might make the most this year could be Mountaha and maybe Jordan. I gathered that Mountaha was considered very memorable on the runway.

I finally watched the entire finale. Funny how Jonathan got cited as having the best runway and yet he came in third. While Brendan did grow I still do not think he should have won. If there is a season 3 let all the models be 18/19/20 with no modeling experience. It would be fairer for everyone. Oh, how come all the previous models got dissed by the judges for crying on the runway it was OK for Brendan to do so. I must admit it was totally loving and mature of Sandhurst and Jonathan to comfort him and give advice and encouragement during the finale. I noticed that several times Brendan broke down and cried during the show and others had to comfort him. Modeling is a very tough business and he has to be strong. Also after a comment by his mom I wonder if he will be able to handle his money. He has got to work on his body especially his butt and legs. Overall this show left a bad taste in my mouth just because from my POV (point of view) as a viewer it came across rigged for a Brendan win when there were obviously 2 stronger contestents. I do wish the best for Jonathan and Sandhurst.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I didn't watch because 3 guys were in the finale. Guys are not supermodels. I was surprised to see Brandon won. Oh well! Jonathan still did get excellent publicity.

My favorite was Salami. You go girl. Keep it up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456