+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

In a real modeling situation, Brandon probably has it over Sandhurst and Jonathan because of his youth and his ethnicity (if it is hard for female models of color to make it big, imagine for men). However, in terms of this show, he shouldn't have won, or they should have edited this a little better. I hated particularly the whole "he has progressed" thing as one of the explanations for Brandon's win. Of course he has! He's eighteen and unformed, whereas the other two know who they are. They would progress too, but it is a slower curve for them (especially Jonathan). They should just bring a bunch of eighteen year olds next year (if there is a next year). That would make the show a lot more honest.

You could just see the dollar signs dancing in Cory B.'s eyes when Branden was declared the winner. I'm sure that NYMM will make a ton of money off Branden.

I sure hope that Salome gets picked up by NYMM or some other modeling agency, she takes amazing pictures. She should have made the final 3 IMO.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3483360;
    It bothers me how many times this has been brought up. I still believe that the nationality had NOTHING to do with the final three and who won.
    Pray tell, why else was Branden of all people, the winner of this season?

Looks? Not really, since the judges have constantly praised Jonothan and Sandhurst, even moreso than Branden, based on their looks. Jonothan actually managed to book an underwear ad.

pictures? Not really, since Jonothan and Sandhurst received far more positive comments on their pictures than Branden.

Catwalk? Come on, Branden got one reaming and he was a Debbie-downer for weeks afterwards, and got his ass saved for reasons unknown.

Potential In what world? Jonothan got praised beyond measure, he was "money". People notices Sandhurst's background as a dancer, and brought up his finesse and grace.

Age Branden got constant remarks about his immature attitude. He was constantly described as a liability because of his age.

So yeah... what else does that leave... oh yeah, that's right... nationality.

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3483065;
    Dear BravoTV:

After last night's finale of Season 2 of "Make Me a Supermodel", the chances of me tuning in to Season 3 are about as likely as people starting a Bernie Madoff fan club.
    LMAO!!! That was good analogy.

I agree that nationality is not an issue, at least not for the viewers. (I can't say what goes thru the minds of TPTB.)

My feeling is that on a modeling show, most viewers want the winner to be someone who is actually credible. (Of course, last season's MMAS showed us that some viewers just want the person they feel most attracted to, or sympathetic toward, to win, not necessarily the one who can truly be a great model.)

Anyway, this is why so many of us have turned off ANTM. We see more viable contestants being ditched in favor of contestants who are less likely to have success IRL, and we're tired of it.

Did anyone have a problem with Petra Nemkova's show, A Model's Life, since not all of those girls were Americans? One American was let go--were we bothered? I don't think so.

I think what happened at the end last night is this:

1. Branden stepped it up and showed that --WITH TIME AND TRAINING-- he may well be a decently working model. I think if he had truly cratered last night, he would not have won. On the other hand, the idea of crowning the winner based on POTENTIAL rather than proven ability is ludicrous, IMHO. It's like they changed the rules toward the end of the show. Ditch the two contestants who have already achieved a level of ability that Branden doesn't yet have, and instead, pick Branden because *eventually* he may catch up to the other two models, and it's *possible* that he *might* surpass them.

2. Branden is young and can be molded, as has already been mentioned. Jonathan looks old by comparison (and he is 8 years older or so).

3. NYMM already has a lot of Jonathan-like models in its books.

4. Cosmo loved Branden. He fit their demographic the best. Who knew that looking sexy enough for Cosmo (even if you can't do a catwalk) = supermodel?

I'm not watching another season of a show where, week after week, certain contestants are touted as the ones to beat, and then the one who is doing the worst most of the time gets the win, just because he *starts* to improve.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3483300;
    That is a bunch of BS if the show was only going to pick an American winner why in the world would the producers accept a Brit, a Brazilian and a Tobagan it doesn't make any sense. Jonathan, Sandhurst and Mountaha could sue the producers for discrimination and for fixing the contest.
    Your statement just gave me flashbacks of Mounhaha sobbing her heart out in front of the judges and Jonathan sitting on that couch backstage after he got eliminated looking completely dejected and...empty and it makes me angry all over again. I think Sandhurst's nature is too sunny to feel defeated for long and he was genuinely happy for Brandon, but inside he was probably crying.

I'm beginning to think there's some truth to wanting an American win because now that I think about it, they stacked the deck against Mounhaha last week by having her walk in one of the judges creations (a handicap that the other contestants didn't have). I also didn't see them giving Sandhurst any extra runway coaching. :/

FORT Fan

Branden even made a comment on it last week... about how he needed to beat the foreigners as the only American still left in the game.

So let's just say... the idea originated in the show itself...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Brandon has a James Dean thing going on. My favorite was Sandhurst (I have a weakness for ballet), but I could understand their choice. Nothing like repeating something that has already been done, but died off early. His facial angles were amazing. I expected Jonathan to come in
    3rd.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

I wasn't a Brandon fan watching this show until the last two weeks. I'm glad he won, I would had been happy if Sandhurst won too as he was a real gentleman (with a sly sense of humor). While initially I was a Jonathon fan I saw the last few weeks he doesn't have the face of a model. Of these three I think the best man won. Also seeing Brandon among the group at the end of the finale (when he was being congratulated) it really showed how much he stands out in a crowd, he's a very handsome young man and his finale shots were amazing, in the picture of the three of the finalists he stood out the most among the three, followed by Sandhurst and then Jonathon (IMO).

BTW, I hope Montaha (sp?) is eating her heart out, I read on the Bravo blog that she thought she deserved to be there over Brandon. I did not understand how she was around for so long, she is not 'model' pretty. She was a pretty girl but not a model. If a woman had made it to the end it should had been Salome but I truly think she was too Holly-esque (short hair dark hair) and Bravo and the judges made an issue of her size b/c they knew they didn't want her to win (although she was very deserving of the win too).

FORT Regular

well, i hope no one critiques branden's looks too much. he almost burst out crying when he was told his legs were too skinny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast