+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #31
    FORT Fan volatility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    171

    Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    They just wanted an american to win.... I think. Anyways, I haven't even watched the episode yet, simply read the post... and I must say, I'm INCREDIBLY disappointed.... WOW.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

  2. #32
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,517

    Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Horribly, horribly disappointed that Brandon won especially over his competition. Talk about rigging a contest. The FCC really needs to investigate that it just doesn't make any sense.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  3. #33
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3482748;
    I don't get Branden's look, and at first I didn't like him. But he has improved the most and he is adorable.

    What was surprising is Jonathan in THIRD!
    He didn't necessarily get third. Tyson just eliminated him first. He didn't say, "Jonathan, I'm sorry, but we can't make you a supermodel. You are the 2nd runner-up."

    I think they picked Branden because he's really young, and the modeling industry loves their teenagers.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  4. #34
    Kao
    Kao is offline
    Donyale y Dali: OTP Kao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,375

    Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Considering how men generally start later than the ladies and have a longer shelf life, that's not exactly fair.

    All three men were fabulous in different ways. I loved Sandhurst's and Brandon's pictures this week. Jonathan's...not so much. When he overthinks things he tends to tune out. But his work overall was wonderful while Brandon had a few bad weeks in the past. Also, Sandhurst, Jonathan and Mounhaha absolutely smoked Brandon on the runway so what they made their final decision on I don't know.

    I'm not angry that Brandon won, but I won't be happy if the other two walk away from this with absolutely nothing. All three are deserving of a contract, and I hope Mounhaha and Salome get picked up as well. Also, the question Catherine asked Brandon about not having a male role model at home was in my opinion incredibly tacky, and it was refreshing to see Jonathan and Sandhurst comforting him and telling him to pull it together. In the cattiness of reality TV, we really don't get to see that very often.

    It was also very nice to see everyone get a visit from their families this week. Nice skin must run in Sandhurst's family lol. Jonathan was incredibly happy to see his family, and his wife and child are gorgeous. And it was very endearing to see Brandon and his mom together (especially since he was so homesick).
    Last edited by Kao; 06-04-2009 at 03:40 AM.

  5. #35
    FORT Fan busilis32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    277

    Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Oh well, I almost called it last week, except I had Sandhurst third. I agree with the poster that said Brandon got chosen because he is young, but he just does not have that indefinable quality that makes a supermodel. And him looking like Paul Newman, not in a million years. Brandon has a flat nose and he could never had those Paul Newman's eyes. They were like icy fire. To me, at least, whatever they raved about Brandon doesn't come across on TV. He has a nice mom and seems like a nice kid, but I said it before and I'll say it again. You can find a pile of guys like him in any college in the USA. He will do well though, they all will, but him winning just on promise is really a slap on the face to everybody else who worked so hard and did better than him throughout the show. It looks like they had him pick from the beginning. If the audience had been voting Salome or Jonathan would have won. Maybe that's why people were taken out of the decision.

  6. #36
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    187

    Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by volatility;3482904;
    They just wanted an american to win.... I think. Anyways, I haven't even watched the episode yet, simply read the post... and I must say, I'm INCREDIBLY disappointed.... WOW.
    I said it last week, but people didn't believe me.

    Producers on the show know that they can't sell an all-foreign finale to the public. The audience would feel cheated for some strange reason. Americans are a very patriotic bunch, and there's a streak of xenophobia running through it all. It is, after all, the country of "freedom fries".

    Jonathan would never have won, because there's a British version of the show, even an Australian version. Having him win the American version would feel like he cheated the system.

    If Sandhurst was an American, he'd have won it, because he would have been the story the audience would gladly lap up. Young African American Male from an economically unsound background, eloquent and soft-mannered, winning the competition. That's something you can sell, because it's an all-american story.

    Branden being a farmboy is just as good a story to tell. Simple background, not very sophisticated, young, inexperienced, wins the opportunity of a lifetime, beating the people whom everybody thought would win this. He's the underdog. Untainted by age and experience.

  7. #37
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I think Brandon won because they could not choose between the other two. I also think that they feel they can mold him in anyway they want to. He is ripe for the picking, and they could make a lot of money off of him. Johnathon has the family to contend with, and I think they feel giving him a contract when he lives so far away and has a young child is a risk. I think Sandhurst was hurt by his body. Whether we think so or not Salome and Sandhurst were not stick thin, and had some realness to their body. It always comes down to bodies in this industry, and it is just plain wrong. Salome was so gorgeous and photographed better than any of the contestants.

  8. #38
    FORT Fanatic CuckoosNest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    409

    Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Dear BravoTV:

    After last night's finale of Season 2 of "Make Me a Supermodel", the chances of me tuning in to Season 3 are about as likely as people starting a Bernie Madoff fan club. The concept of rewarding mediocrity because it's American is called "the GM Concept", and it's exactly why that icon is going under, too.

    PS - The combo of Perou and Catherine Malandrino creates a black hole of annoyance so powerful that nothing can escape its pull. I can't believe I wasted hours of my life listening to these two a#$%*les, or watching this show.

    PPS - Advertisers, if you're listening, HIRE JONATHAN. They've been saying the guy is money all season and - at least about that - they're right.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

  9. #39
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,517

    Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;3483013;
    I said it last week, but people didn't believe me.

    Producers on the show know that they can't sell an all-foreign finale to the public. The audience would feel cheated for some strange reason. Americans are a very patriotic bunch, and there's a streak of xenophobia running through it all. It is, after all, the country of "freedom fries".

    Jonathan would never have won, because there's a British version of the show, even an Australian version. Having him win the American version would feel like he cheated the system.

    If Sandhurst was an American, he'd have won it, because he would have been the story the audience would gladly lap up. Young African American Male from an economically unsound background, eloquent and soft-mannered, winning the competition. That's something you can sell, because it's an all-american story.

    Branden being a farmboy is just as good a story to tell. Simple background, not very sophisticated, young, inexperienced, wins the opportunity of a lifetime, beating the people whom everybody thought would win this. He's the underdog. Untainted by age and experience.
    That is a bunch of BS if the show was only going to pick an American winner why in the world would the producers accept a Brit, a Brazilian and a Tobagan it doesn't make any sense. Jonathan, Sandhurst and Mountaha could sue the producers for discrimination and for fixing the contest.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #40
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3483300;
    That is a bunch of BS if the show was only going to pick an American winner why in the world would the producers accept a Brit, a Brazilian and a Tobagan it doesn't make any sense. Jonathan, Sandhurst and Mountaha could sue the producers for discrimination and for fixing the contest.
    It bothers me how many times this has been brought up. I still believe that the nationality had NOTHING to do with the final three and who won. I do feel it was rigged and the evidence is Brandens' poor showing all season long compared to Salome, Mountaha, Sandhurst, and Jonathon.

    I'm not sure I will be watching again next season. Way to totally ruin a show for me producers...editor...whomever was responsible for tanking a show in one short season.

    The only way I will watch again is if they got rid of Perou and Nicole and the judges having the only say in the outcome. They need some sort of viewer/judge vote and they need a female mentor that doesn't make me one to smack her every time her smirking face shows up on my screen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.