+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Kao

Re: 5/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Goodness, she made me want to cry, while that evil witch Nicole (who NEVER goes to bat for her girls, please replace her with Jenny next season, Bravo) just sat there and smirked. Good lord, I can't stand that woman. I loved the Mounthaha, she has a very old fashioned look (big doe eyes with a teeny tiny mouth) that photographs like a dream and was the best walker on the show. For Brandon to still be there instead of her is not right.

They've been setting the stage for Sandhurst to leave next; the shots showing him too big for some of the sample sizes are there for a reason, and for whatever reason I think they want a Jonathan/Brandon showdown. I don't think he's an egoist either; he's always jokes around a lot and a lot of times it's followed by "I better not let my head get too big!" The joke about letting the White people through the door first was because they were in a creepy location like a horror movie, and if you've watched enough horror movies in the 80s and early 90s the Black people almost always got killed first, lol.

And besides Jonathan, he was the ONLY contestant that automatically thought of his parents and siblings when he got the Bloomie prize. So he can't be all bad.

Generally speaking, this is a MUCH more talented lot than last year, and I'm sure all of these models will go far. So congrats to the Top 5! It's at the point where it sucks no matter who goes home.
    Last edited by Kao; 05-28-2009 at 01:12 PM.

It's funny, because as soon as I saw Mountaha come around the corner, I thought she hit it dead on! The look on her face, the little pose, the walk, everything. I was surprised to hear Catherine Malandrino say that she was embarrassed, because I honestly thought she had a lot of personality, albeit not *quite* the look that she was probably going for, but still. I was so surprised to see Branden get it over her... Especially because she's been so much more consistent than he has.... I have to agree on the "she kind of got what she deserved" because she was nasty to Salome, who I think should've made it to the final over Mountaha AND Branden... But I do think I see Johnathon winning, but I like him a lot, so I don't mind. Branden is too niave, Sandhurst is kind of arrogant and a little boring... So my choice for winner is Johnathon. I do wonder how much the producers put in to make "interesting tv" over choosing who is the most talented. hmm.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

I have to agree on the "she kind of got what she deserved" because she was nasty to Salome, who I think should've made it to the final over Mountaha AND Branden.
    I suspect that at one time or another, most of the contestants probably said/did something mean or catty about one or more other contestants, but the editors picked and chose whose petty comments or actions we saw (or didn't see, as the case may be). I'm a skeptic; I believe it's all in the editing.

I don't get how some posters think Sandhurst is arrogant. I don't see arrogants at all in him. I think he is the most sweetest, humbleist person on the show (especially when he took his 4k winnings and brought his family gifts). Let's we forget, he was the one who who took the time out to help Salome with her swiming issues during the photo shoot. None of those other models did.

IMHO, Jonathan is already a Super Model and doesn't really need to win, but Sandhurst CAN be made into a Super Model, and thus needs to win. Branden has a long way to go, but will get there eventually.

I wonder if anyone ever pointed out to Nicole that since she has no mentorees left, she's useless. Perhaps she would have tried harder if she realized that the outcome would reflect a bit back on her.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3472656;
    I don't get how some posters think Sandhurst is arrogant. I don't see arrogants at all in him. I think he is the most sweetest, humbleist person on the show (especially when he took his 4k winnings and brought his family gifts). Let's we forget, he was the one who who took the time out to help Salome with her swiming issues during the photo shoot. None of those other models did.

IMHO, Jonathan is already a Super Model and doesn't really need to win, but Sandhurst CAN be made into a Super Model, and thus needs to win. Branden has a long way to go, but will get there eventually.
    I agree about Sandhurst not being arrogant. I think he is extremely humble and sweet. I adore him.

My thoughts on all this....Jonathon is drop-dead GORGEOUS! I watch the show now-a-days just to see him. Sandhurst, too, because he is such a nice and articulate, classy person. I find them both incredibly beautiful - inside and out.

I also like Brandon. I agree with the judges that he has potential. He's fun to watch, too, because of his youthful ways.

I don't understand how Mountaha could think she had a chance. If I remember correctly, she only won one challenge and never booked anything outside of the group booking in Canada. And, the judges rarely had much good to say about her.

In a nutshell, I think the judges got the final 3 just right. All 3 of the guys can go on to being models except maybe Sandhurst but only because, as he has noted, he might be too big.

While I think Jonathan can succeed as a model, I would really like to see him in TV and movies. Sandhurst too. Jonathan could easily be the next James Bond. I'll say it again...the guy is GORGEOUS!

Yes... the guy definitely is hella gorgeous (Johnathon).
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

Brandon does NOTHING for me. I don't get it - the love the judges have for him.

Mountaha is very edgy and Now. Sure her face needs to cleared up, but that's relatively simple & inexpensive. And her walk is one of the best, if not the best. Karen's was good & Jordan's was very good as well.

Sandhurst is lovely - both as a person & as an object. I don't understand the Sandhurst hate.

Jonathan really turned me off this week. I always thought the way he held his arms was distracting. His boorish behavior the past two weeks though is really disappointing. I thought he was more grown up?

Kao

I thnk Mountaha got nervous because she was wearing one of Catherine's designs and mucked it up a bit. To be honest, her walk wasn't as good last night as its always been. And it really hurt her that she stayed in that one pose for the photo shoot.

What I'm more disturbed is that the poor girl was on stage literally having a nervous breakdown and her supposed "mentor" is sitting there openly smirking. I hope like hell they replace her next season.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3471627;
    Unfortunately, kid Branden knows nothing about anything. Customer has to tell him it's Ferragamo, not whatever mess he was trying to spit out.
    I agree with Tyra (ANTM), to work in this industry you need to keep current on designers but you absolutely must know Houses of Fashion.. and who doesn't know who Salvatore Ferragamo is?

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3472264;
    Generally speaking, this is a MUCH more talented lot than last year, and I'm sure all of these models will go far. So congrats to the Top 5! It's at the point where it sucks no matter who goes home.
    I agree totally, the 5: Salome, Johnathan, Sandhurst, Montaha & Brendan will ALL have promising careers ahead of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast