+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

So Sandhurst wins the week. And it's an all-male final. Can't believe the judges picked Branden over Mountaha. She did have a bad week, but this is harsh. She is really upset.

OK, I'm exhausted. Got to rest my eyes & fingers. See ya later.

FORT Newbie

what a joke - Branden stays over Mountaha - TPTB want that - basically a Sandhurst vs Jonathan final now
    Last edited by cukitkat; 05-27-2009 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3471695;
    So Sandhurst wins the week. And it's an all-male final. Can't believe the judges picked Branden over Mountaha. She did have a bad week, but this is harsh. She is really upset.

OK, I'm exhausted. Got to rest my eyes & fingers. See ya later.
    Hollaback!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I guess the producers really want an American to win. If Brandon wins over Jonathan or Sandhurst this show really needs to be looked at for total manipulation of the out come. Are the viewers voting for who wins??? I can understand why Mountaha was so upset it totally does not make any sense that she lost to Brandon. These results are a total ripoff.

Of, I am glad that the walking coach got Janathan to pull his arms in, he totally channeled Daniel Graig during the runway.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-28-2009 at 04:44 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I knew last week that Mountaha was going home. It was telegraphed when they started showing all her negative comments out of the blue. Had she been shown making any before last week? Not so much. Sandhurst will go home next week.

I do think it's a bit of poetic justice with how nasty she was to Salome who truly did not deserve to go home. She won the most photo challenges! The girl could take an incredible photo.

I don't think Branden will win. They have been setting this up for weeks now to make it a Jonathon win with his whole sob story of "I'm doing this for my family who is in dire straits because I'm here modeling and chasing a dream rather than taking care of them."

*rolls eyes*

I used to love this show, now it's actually worse than ANTM and that's saying something.

IMHO, nothing is worse than ANTM, especially the last cycle (not even watchable).

My problem with this show is that in an effort not to reveal their hand, TPTB leave too much on the editing room floor. I think there is too much misdirection, so that--for example--Mountaha gets all these great critiques, week after week and then suddenly, she's out, leaving us wondering, did we miss something? No doubt there was plenty of negative feedback we didn't get to see but that would have helped us understand why the judges ultimately voted her off. It's all very annoying.

And let's face it - Brandon had an abysmal week, too, but he's young and fresh-faced and has potential, even if he's not in the best shape or able to model well *now*. That's why, IMO, he stayed over Mountaha. So maybe they should change the title of the show to "Find someone who might be a supermodel some day?" (Not that I think Branden's going to ever be a supermodel, but anyway.)

Finally, I wish they would have the contestants actually get regular lessons in modeling during the show. Did we really have to wait until the final four for someone to tell Jonathan to put his elbows in?

Best modeling show was "A Model Life", IMHO. Short and to the point and interesting.

wow ... last week I didn't believe Brandon stayed over Salome and now this ...
    Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.
    --Patricia Sampson

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer;3471954;
    Best modeling show was "A Model Life", IMHO. Short and to the point and interesting.
    Was that the one with Petra Nemcova? If so, I loved that show. She is the most amazing person and just came off so well as the mentor.

Yeah, you are probably right that nothing is as bad as ANTM. Especially this last season. I'm just upset that this show hasn't lived up to my expectations. The British version was so much better, I had high hopes.

Sorry but I just don't see what is so special about Branden. I don't see any potential there. He doesn't have a swimsuit/sports wear body (funny how it's ok for him not to have a good body but not ok for Salome). He doesn't have the Abercrombie and Fitch preppy vibe that Colin had. He's not editorial. I see nothing there, no reason why they would keep him around other than to make it easier for them to hand Jonathon the win.

Mountaha reminded me of a preying mantis with her mouth that was way too small for her face. She didn't strike me as a good print model but my word she could walk! She was insane on that catwalk and should have stayed for that reason alone.

I think we all saw negatives with Mountaha (not a particularly pretty face, etc.). But seldom did the judges really comment on those things, that's what annoys me. If you're going to keep showing the judges giving glowing comments about someone, week after week, with only a smattering of negative comments, and then suddenly that person is out the door (with no worse a week, AFAIK, than Branden, who frequently ended up in the bottom two or three), that's poor editing. It makes the viewing experience very unsatisfying. JMO.

FORT Newbie

It's just so sad that Mountaha left,she really wants this so bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast