+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5/20 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

5/20 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Salome went home! I just read that online. I'm so sad.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-21-2009 at 11:36 AM.

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/20 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

So Salome wins the photograph, but fails the walk and she is gone. However, Sandhurt fails both and is safe??? I see no reason to whom they pick to go home. Brandon is a nice guy, but he is nowhere near in the league of Salome as far as modeling goes. I was disgusted how because of her weight they kept dogging Salome. I think all the girls should look as beautiful and womanly as her in their pictures.

I agree! I never saw anything wrong with her weight. There is definitely an agenda at play here, I hate to go to the grassy knoll but come on. Why get rid of the girl who has consistently won the photos? It makes no sense. I applaud her for wanting to lose the weight in a healthy way and I hope she stays that level headed.

Gah, I'm not even sure I want to watch the rest of this season. I do like Mountaha and Sandhurst but I'm afraid this is coming down to a Jonathon vs. Branden finale and it's not warranted.

FORT Fan

Awkward swimsuit challenge.

Hello, we're your designated photographers for this challenge, we're wonderful, but why dwell on things obvious, so let me recite the challenge in as wooden and dead a manner as humanly possible. Look, underneath the tarp, dead sea-critters!

Maximum shrinkage for the guys, and we're treated to some backshots. Not very appealing if you ask me. I lost 34% of my eyesight looking at pimply man-ass.

Jonathan looked amazing, but not as amazing as usual. The new do might have been reversed, but there's still something missing from the overall picture that Jonathan presents. It's as if he lost something of himself between this shoot and the last shoot. Tyson does, however, agree that the last make-over wasn't a good idea.

Sandhurst struggled, big time. A whole lot of complaining about the cold and the weather and how everything is better in Trinidad. I can't really say more about his shoot. It wasn't working out, and he complained... a lot.

Branden, oh, Branden, you and your silly youthful insecurities. This should all be very sexy, seeing Branden play with his little ding dong dingeling, but it's not. His photoshoot isn't all that hot either. It's obvious he's not going to be the one who wins this challenge. He complains about the shape of his body, comparing himself to Jonathan and Sandhurst, it's almost freudian. I'm not feeling his pain, poor guy, he's not supposed to do much of anything other than look pretty. If he feels bad about his shape, go to the gym more often, it's not as if they're not giving them the opportunity to work out.

Salome looked awkward with her creepy girlish smile. It's like she's channeling the fish. Seeing her ass jiggle and seeing her struggle makes Salome look a bit like a fish out of water in this competition... but then there's the final shot, and she actually looks good in the picture.

Mountaha was spared the skimpy suit and given something shiny and modest. Sexy even, as she wears that gigantic thing around her neck like a boa. Thank god for make-up and photoshop, because that girl's got bad skin. It's starting to become more and more noticable as we're treated to her confessionals.

The drama is starting up again. I knew Jordan left something of her evil behind. I never liked Jordan hanging out with Mountaha, Jordan's evil has spread. Mountaha is Jordan, with Salome being Amanda.

Jonathan is also being a little bitch by complaining about Salome's ass. Convinced that it's a cellulite-ridden landscape and she's been blessed with photoshop. Like Mountaha's photos haven't been worked on, like his own pictures haven't been enhanced. Bitch, please.

Salome won again... and it pisses everybody off.

Great, so this episode the only two people who aren't shaping up to be obnoxious egomaniacs are Salome, who's routine is starting to become bothersome... and Sandhurst, who's just as one-note as Salome, but less annoying.

Mountaha just turned into a superbitch. Driven and willing to kill to get to the finish.
    Jonathan who's just too into himself, you'd think he'd have some competition in Sandhurst but Sandhurst and Jonathan are never seen interacting. Jonathan is too distant and self-absorbed to play off others.
    Branden is too obvious about his age and development, which stopped being funny two weeks ago, because there's nobody to counter his immature shenanigans.

The group as a whole consists of just five individuals who aren't playing a game together. Last season we saw them interact, this season it's people walking around trying to avoid each other where possible.

I think that the thing they did this episode, with people getting criticism one-on-one, should have been shown earlier on in the season, it gives a sense of investment. Someone giving them pointers is just what they need, and what we need, because it gives us insight into the whole business of modelling.

I was so disappointed when Salome went home, I thought for sure Sandhurst would get the axe. She takes some gorgeous photos, I hope she will continue trying to make it in the modeling world.

Salome took beautiful photos. I think Branden should have gone before her.
    Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.
    --Patricia Sampson

It's funny how the show portrays these judges not being able to get over their biases. Salome had her problems, but the photographers loved her, so there is something there obviously. But the judges can not see past the problems (which pretty much every model has). These are the kind of people who wouldn't hire Kate Moss of Cindy Crawford. Not that Salome is remotely within that league, but her case shows how limited the imaginations of these people can be. And this whole emphasis on the catwalk is a little misleading. Supermodels acquire that status when they get into print. The number of people who see you on the runway is very limited. In any case, the walk is the easiest thing to fix.

I love Salome's photo this week,that's stunning!I'm really sad that she's gone,she is SO photogenic and the fact that photographers loved her shows that she really has something special to impress people.I hope she will have a great career on modelling,she's so talented.

Sandhurst has been so much more mediocre than Salome... I can't believe she won so many photoshoots and they STILL sent her home? That's just ridiculous. And so what if she had to have her photo retouched? It was a GREAT photo and I love her body; I think she has the perfect amount of weight and curves! Her body is much more photogenic than Mountaha's... Ugh. I'm pretty fed up that she went home. I was really rooting for her.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

You know what I found MOST impressive about Salome?

Her acknowledgment that she should've worked more on her body before the show, and her note that she's is not a supermodel yet, but that will work more to get there.

Compare that to Laury & Jordan leaving, when they were absolutely positive that the judges were wrong and had an agenda and didn't know crap.

I really thought that Sandhurst was going home. I find Mountaha very edgy & her walk is the best one (even better than Jonathan because he holds him arms out like ape-arms), and her complexion is fixable. I'm surprised they haven't sent her to a dermatologist yet.

But Branden should've gone home. His walk is very weak and his photos are only mediocre.

BTW, did anyone else think he looked like Jonathan in that blond wig?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast