+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5/20 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 5/20 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

When the judges said "Who IS that?", I thought it was Jonathon ... until someone said "Brandon" and they gave a close up on his face.

Sad to see Salome go, anyone that wins that many photo shoots should have stayed to the end. Not a guaranteed win, but at least F3.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

As much as I liked Salome, I have to admit the constant clueless bit was getting on my nerves towards the end and for some reason especially in this episode. I've been a big supporter of her and the fact that she could possibly have been that sheltered but I do think she may have used it a bit in the end to try to gain an advantage. I only say that because I know plenty of Mennonites, both traditional and liberal, and they all are aware of modern things. They all have tvs, radios, etc etc. My son attends a Mennonite school (that is run as non-denominational with the director and principal both being Mennonite). I just found it hard to believe that she didn't know who Anne Hathaway was. She was the best model they have and it's insane they sent her home. Plenty of models have to have parts air brushed, I hear them say it all the time in interviews.

In this episode, by the editing at least, they made it very clear that the finale will be between Jonathon and Branden. In the beginning of the season, I was 100% behind the idea of the viewers not having any say in the outcome because I didn't like what happened last season. But the judges are clueless. They keep sending home models who are better than the ones left behind. I don't get their mad love for Jonathon. He looks OLD in his photos! Compare his photos to Branden or even those of Sandhurst.

Anybody ever watch the British version of this show? They did this so much better. Each week based on their performances in the photo shoots 2 male and 2 female models would face a live "Walk Off". The public would vote and the male and female who received the lowest votes from the public was eliminated. They should do something similar here because it gives the judges a say and the audience one as well.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 05-25-2009 at 03:47 PM.

I hated the audience vote last season. The only reason I watched this season is because the audience was not allowed to vote.

I doubt that most of the viewing audience/voters have any idea of what it really takes to be a successful model--not that I think any of *these* contestants are going to be "super" models, mind you--nor do we really get to see enough of the models to really understand all of their strengths and weaknesses and potential. I for one feel that a few seconds of someone on a catwalk, plus a photo or two, does not qualify us to know whether someone is the best model or not. I also think that some of them--perhaps Mountaha?--come across much more charismatic or striking in person (ie, catwalk) than on TV or in photos.

What does annoy about this season is that I think much is probably being said, and edited out, about each model, and that if we knew everything the judges were saying, we might better understand who has the most potential and why. The result is, I find this season's editing very confusing. For example, one week someone is great, the next week she's "been fading the last few weeks". Huh? Obviously Bravo doesn't want to give away who the judges really favor, but there's such a thing as going overboard with the misdirection.

Re: 5/20 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Very sad that Salome went home, especially before Brandon. That was one really wonky decision by the judges considering he has never won a photo shoot or immunity. I can see Jonathan, Sandhurst, Mountaha and Salome in the final four, but Branden. He has horrible posture. He stands and walks with slumped rounded shoulders. Totally unappealing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12