+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5/13 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

5/13 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Happy Jordan's gone. What bothered me most about her was the look of her mouth when she smiled. The flat front teeth and slight lisp lead me to believe her orthodontia was WAY overdone.

I'm going to cut these folks some slack on their "maturity" or lack thereof. I'm sure they're being goaded by the producers to say negative things about the others, and that the positive things are edited out. Sandhurst seems to be the only one who absolutely refuses to cut someone down publicly. I attribute that to his experience in the dance world. Dance is such a small community that you never know who you will be working with next and Sandhurst has learned how not to close any doors to employment.

Re: 5/13 Discussion Thread *spoilers*

I think Jonathon made a big mistake with his hair - he should have gone lighter. He fades away with the darker hair.

Jordan being gone is a perfect example of instant Karma. I never saw what people raved about her. She is a pretty girl, and she's thin, but there are a million girls like that trying to make it as a model. And she seemed awfully short, especially next to Mountaha and Salome. Poor Salome. I love her figure, but she might be fighting a losing battle with genetics. I hope she listens to the comments about giving only one face. I hope the Jonathan collapse is being played up for drama. And for the first time I liked Brandon. His attempt to console Jonathan was just about the sweetest thing. He needs to do some growing up though.

FORT Newbie

Jordan seems too good at putting others down to be fake, I am glad she's gone too. And she's short. I am a bit under six feet tall so I like to root for the tall babes. And Salome has gorgeous features, she's a natural beauty. And she's nice too.

Kao

I don't think that Jordan's cutting down of different players was manufactered at all; I think she's actually like that. As I predicted, right after Amanda got cut she started right in on Salome (right after doing her disgusting happy song about Amanda getting cut). She should have concentrated more on modeling than being a witch, IMO. I'm glad she's gone.

Next week I'm going to be genuinely sad because I like everyone that's left.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

I'm not sorry to see Jordan go. On paper and by first impressions she would seem to have what it takes to win/make it as a model. Unfortunately for her, there are personality and attitude issues that kept her from going forward. She relies too much on being skinny (she was told she was too skinny at the initial measuring session, and she's skinny/fat - no muscle tone/strength at that).

It was good to see Salome finally get some positive feedback on a go-see (though she didn't actually book the job, they just said they would consider her for their spring campaign). She has the face, her body is getting better, and her walk is getting better though it still needs work. If she keeps working at her body she could win it.

I feel for Jonathan, he was easily the photographers favorite model to shoot this week, and he really seemed to be turning it out, and he was getting good feedback on the set. But even with the most frames, the client wanted only 6 images and his weren't the ones he wanted. That's just how it goes, he's still the strongest male model here.

That brings me to the judges. For all their claims of "this is modeling and there is no crying in modeling, etc", the fact is this is a reality competition TV show, and it wouldn't be one without tears. They do just about everything they can to tear the contestants apart, and as little as possible to build them back up. The criteria they use to judge the models seems to fly in the face of what would happen in the real world. "The Client/Photographer is Always Right", except where these judges are concerned. I think I'd rather they went back to the phone in voting.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

FORT Fan

hurray the witch is dead

Kao

I am absolutely loving Monthaha. I'm so glad she's going to be safe next week! Hopefully, everyone left will get contracts from Model Management.

IIRC, they signed the Top 5 last season.

Jonathon may have just cost himself the win with that ill advised hair color change. It truly changed his looks. Sandhurst said something about it took his glow away? It did! It makes him look older and haggard, I actually noticed bags and circles under his eyes because of the hair color. It seemed to drag everything down.

I don't understand why they keep saying Salome has a bad body. I saw ribs sticking out! How is that fat?

I thought I would prefer the judges voting over the audience because the audience was going strictly off personalities but I'm not so sure anymore. How can they tell somebody that the photographers keep picking as their favorite that they aren't good enough? I don't understand that. Granted Salome hasn't really booked any go-see's but I think those are all bogus anyways. I'm going off the fact that the majority of the photographers seem to prefer her, doesn't that say something? Plus she looked absolutely amazing in her solo shot with just those underwear on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast