+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Did Tyson in last season show signs of discriminating against the gay models? If he did than I agree it is wrong. I did not watch last season, and only watch this season because it is in the timeslot that I am in the habit of just turning it to Bravo, but it is not that good. I think the girl mentor is a complete jerk, and she seems so full of herself. I think the guy they had this week at least seemed to talk a little. Tyson never really is shown much so I had/have no idea how he plays into things.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3393659;
    Did Tyson in last season show signs of discriminating against the gay models? If he did than I agree it is wrong. I did not watch last season, and only watch this season because it is in the timeslot that I am in the habit of just turning it to Bravo, but it is not that good. I think the girl mentor is a complete jerk, and she seems so full of herself. I think the guy they had this week at least seemed to talk a little. Tyson never really is shown much so I had/have no idea how he plays into things.
    Ronnie was constantly ending up in the bottom three last year only to be saved by the viewers. It's interesting that the girl who won last year hasn't been seen in one ad. Is she even working or did she take the money and run. Actually, I haven't seen any of the final four from last year working. Ronnie is going to school here in Chicago and occassionally is seen in the gay press attending charity events but not working.

Actually I thought the judges terrible last night.

The fact that they passed CJ, Gabriel, and others were WTF moments for me. I honestly thought Colin did a much better runway job than most of them. I felt for poor Shawn, but he was a bit much and he never really stood out in a good way. However during the photo shoot, if the other mentor thought that Shawn was over the top, why didn't he pull him back?

And I agreed that the pole comment that Marlon made was uncalled for. As was the @itchy guest judge who ragged on Amanda for missing her child.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3393563;
    I agree. I have tried to get into this show but it is lacking. It is never easy to do a rip off and ANTM has a lock on this catagory and it isn't all that great either.
    I thought the first season was fairly interesting; not as good (or as big a budget) as the original British version, but OK. I was hoping they would take what they learned last time and make it better. Instead they have cut the budget even more, taken it out of real time, eliminated audience voting (which was the whole point of the British show), and made it even more into the Bravo / Project Runway mold. Even though the show is supposed to be about "making" a model, there is no training or mentoring going on that I can see.

CJ, Gabriel and Jordan kill me with their negative attitudes don't they realize how toxic they are.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3394491;
    CJ, Gabriel and Jordan kill me with their negative attitudes don't they realize how toxic they are.
    Jordan's really gotten nasty, hasn't she? Talk about high-school "mean girl".

FORT Regular

I rather liked last night's photo shoot, but I thought the runway show at the end was a joke and a disaster. A real "what were they thinking???" end to an otherwise pretty good show.

I dislike that they've changed the format to filming in advance and having the judges make all the decisions. I really liked the sense of immediacy that showing it in real time gave you. I don't mind having the judges vote someone off, but I think it would work better if America chose the bottom two or three.

I agree that the judges seemed particularly harsh last night, particularly on Amanda and Colin, both of whom have already shown tremendous growth this season.

Just saw this.

May I suggest "There's no crying in modeling" as the forum quote? It was mean, and yet entirely accurate.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRose;3394945;
    I rather liked last night's photo shoot, but I thought the runway show at the end was a joke and a disaster. A real "what were they thinking???" end to an otherwise pretty good show.
    Just catching up....but I also really liked the photo shoot. A good real modeling situation. AT LAST!

And then, then....that god awful mess of a runway.
    Now Shawn wasn't the best, but they pass over Gabriel who is one sulky, whiny pissant? And CJ? Gimme a break.

And the female "mentor".... someone seriously needs to teach her how to speak in public. That bored, slow drawl is like fingernails on a chalkboard. The new guy OTH was pretty good, gave some decent advice.

Kudos to Jonathan, he is awesome...glad he finally won immunity!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

This show is so awesome, stomps all over ANTM. Anyways, Jordan.. wow... that is one mean spirited girl. Plus her hips are way too wide to be a model. Yes, I know she's very slender but her proportions are so out of whack.

I'd love to see the blond model, Maggie? Being the perm. female hostess/mentor. She was interesting and actually had a personality.

They've toned CJ way down and now are making Jordan into the super uh DIVA. Does this mean CJ does better? You know, the usual reality show shenanigans where the one that does better is suddenly getting a better edit?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast