+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Chris is out. I saw that coming. He just doesn't have any energy or attitude. He's just sort of...there.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I have to say, they have really killed this show by taking away the audience voting. It is now just another Project Runway clone. I realize that to do voting it means they have to shoot and edit practically in real time which makes the production about 10x more complex. But without the audience, this whole show could have been in the can for six months as far as we know. There is no immediacy. When it was live we knew the models were dealing with all of this week by week as we watched.

I am very dissapointed that short no neck miserable attitude CJ is still there.
    I am also relieved that Gabriel is though, he is growing on me *yum!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3380733;
    I have to say, they have really killed this show by taking away the audience voting. It is now just another Project Runway clone. I realize that to do voting it means they have to shoot and edit practically in real time which makes the production about 10x more complex. But without the audience, this whole show could have been in the can for six months as far as we know. There is no immediacy. When it was live we knew the models were dealing with all of this week by week as we watched.
    I agree I hate the judges making the decisions. I almost NEVER agree with them. If you remember last year, Ronnie was in the bottom three week after week and Tyson would have gotten rid of him a lot sooner than he did leave except that the viewers kept saving him. I don't know what Tyson's situation is, but he really comes off as homophobic. If he isn't he should really adjust the way he comes across. And Tabatha giving them all new hair colors and styles, God the woman is hideous, has little if any taste and should check herself out in the mirror and do something with that dated style and the chicken fat yellow color. PS. you're right about having the show in the can. There is an entire season of Project Runway already finished and waiting for the court fight to end to determine whether Bravo or the women's channel will play it.
    Last edited by tfred; 03-12-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3380717;
    [Watching the catwalk] Sandhurst is so solid - how can he not win this whole thing?
    And the boy takes amazing pictures- he is totally aware of his body and can MOVE. Why has he not won the first two immunities? They trying to hide how obvious it is?

I love this show so much more than Americas Next Top Model. In fact, until this season of ANTM they were just going crazy (it was getting ridiculous) BUT the introduction of a real modeling show where they do photo shoots that would actually appear in magazines made the people at ANTM shape up. They are finally doing somewhat believable shoots this season.

I love that they do runway on every episode, it is such an important component in modeling (unless you just do commercial).

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3380717;
    [Watching the catwalk] Sandhurst is so solid - how can he not win this whole thing?
    I so agree, and you can see , like, proudness in Tysons face everytime he walks. BUT, as solid as his pics are and his catwalk is, he isnt winning...

I think Sandhurst is spot on every week. I have to agree with CJ she looked better being a blonde, her hair is the color of dirt now. I was sad to see Chris go because he wanted to be a model so bad, too bad he couldn't have gotten it together.

Could be wrong, but I think Sandhurst isn't winning for a couple of reasons:

1. As far as the go-see prize, maybe they only had go-sees available for women, so Cory had to pick female winners these first two weeks?

2. As far as the winner for the week, I think Sandhurst doesn't need the immunity, and that's why he's not being chosen as the winner. I think TPTB aren't worried about him suddenly being booted off. However, someone less solid, like Branden, does need the immunity, if TPTB want to guarantee that he gets a chance to stick around for at least another couple of weeks and continue developing his skills. (I think if he did not have immunity, and he was the worst next week, the judges would feel that in fairness, they needed to ""auf" him. Give him immunity, and they don't have to worry about that.)

I wasn't going to watch this season, as I hated the audience vote thing. (What do we know about what makes a good model?) When I found out the audience wouldn't be voting, I decided to watch. This is much more interesting to me than ANTM.

However, I do find MMAS to be very self-indulgent. For example, I really couldn't care less about watching two gay men paint their nails. Bravo shows that stuff because it *can*, I suppose; it prides itself on embracing and cultivating the gay community. To me, though, that fluff stuff is a waste of my time. Why not show the models being "mentored" instead? We know that TB is mentoring the guys. How about letting us take a peek? I think the editing on the show currently leaves something to be desired. JMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer;3381177;
    ... I think TPTB aren't worried about him suddenly being booted off. However, someone less solid, like Branden, does need the immunity, if TPTB want to guarantee that he gets a chance to stick around for at least another couple of weeks and continue developing his skills.
    But TBTB have nothing to worry about. There are no voters and like every other show of this ilk, the fine print over the credits tells you that the judges take the producer's input into account. So the producers can do whatever the hell they want. The only thing outside their control is the voting public.

Oh, wait... they got rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer;3381177;
    Why not show the models being "mentored" instead? We know that TB is mentoring the guys. How about letting us take a peek? I think the editing on the show currently leaves something to be desired. JMO.
    Absolutely agree! I just assumed they were not being mentored because I don't see it happening. Who's helping Colin with his walk? Nobody but Branden as far as I can see. I was wondering how they expect them to get better if they aren't being "made" into supermodels.

I've decided that I like this format of the viewers not having a say in who is chosen. Last season ones got sent home way too early in favor of the bromance and that made me so mad! Ronny and Ben should have never outlasted Shannon (and Jacki to a lesser degree) but especially Shannon. I feel that if at had been up to the judges? Shannon would have been around longer, she was killing it!

Anyways, I like this new format and loving this season so far. Can we get someone to do voice overs for Tyson? I love to look at that man but .. wow.. he cannot speak.

CJ should have went home, awful and ugly person instead of Chris.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast