+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christina

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Really?

Guess we know why she hasn't had a relationship in two years, even tho her body is as hot as the glare of a thousand nuclear meltdowns...

I've always considered myself a pretty tacky and shameless person, and even I turned down Elimidate. "Skanks with scripts" is how a friend of mine who went through with it described the, er, participants.

I am frightened by your modern dating shows and your cleavage baring dresses with shiny bands of metal! My caveman mind cannot process this information!
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

I can just imagine how stupid, vapid, narcissistic and sex-crazed we Americans must appear to other countries unfortunate enough to have American television shows broadcast in their living rooms. I'm convinced the world believes we're all exactly like the people on shows like Elimidate, Ricky Lake, Jerry Springer, 5th Wheel, etc., etc. I actually feel embarrassed for us.

"Skanks with scripts" ... Ha! Good one, Brockdrywall! It's amazing how vulgar some of the contestants are. I think you made the right choice when you declined to go on the show. No one comes off that show looking good.

Now off the soapbox and back to Christina. Anyone who thinks the Professor on Gilligan's Island is intelligent and quick thinking deserves to win the affection of Rob's heart. She's probably already convinced he's a rocket scientist based on his astute observation that someone's dress matched the rug.

FORT Newbie

elimidate

reality shows are not that bad.....even Elimidate can be entertaining!!!! I have heard that Elimidate is completely scripted......maybe she is just trying to break into television? I think that she has got to have a great sense of humor to go on these shows. Remember it's entertainment not REALITY!!!
    Christina seems like a pretty cool girl. and hey I think that a lot of us would not turn down the oppertunity to be on television (even if we had to play a role on ELIMIDATE). So I give her credit.
    no regrets

Re: elimidate

Originally posted by sarapepsi
    reality shows are not that bad.....even Elimidate can be entertaining!!!! I have heard that Elimidate is completely scripted......maybe she is just trying to break into television? I think that she has got to have a great sense of humor to go on these shows. Remember it's entertainment not REALITY!!!
    Christina seems like a pretty cool girl. and hey I think that a lot of us would not turn down the oppertunity to be on television (even if we had to play a role on ELIMIDATE). So I give her credit.
    Well the Elimidate pilot definitely had people playing roles but not actually scripted. The actual shows do not have roles set in a way that the participants themselves see. The producers steer the interviews toward the outline for the episonde via the questions they ask. Later they are edited according to the story line for the particular episode.

One thing. Yes, I would definitely turn down the chance to be on Elimidate.
    Last edited by Candybar; 06-06-2003 at 05:05 PM.

FORT Newbie

Re: Christina on Elimidate

Originally posted by bks
    I was flipping channels one night a few months ago and saw Christina on the tacky dating show _Elimidate_. She mud-wrestled with another contestant (among other indignities) to become the winner. Guess that relationship didn't work out...shocker.
    I just wanted to set the record straight. Christina was on Elimidate but was the second one eliminated from the show. She was also the only one that showed any dignity or self respect at all. Other than running up to the others "bouncing" her assets a bit at the beginning of the show (which WAS scripted) she showed nothing but class. The first one eliminated was a 36 y/o who thought she was god's gift to men. The third girl eliminated was completely drunk and wrapped her legs around the guys neck to exhibit her flexibility from doing yoga. The girl who won was a bi-sexual who promised to take the guy home to her roommate. It was the last two who mudwrestled.
    Actually the guy said he was eliminating her because she wasn't opening up and showing her personality which I'm sure meant not being "skanky" like the others and slobbering all over him. She's a great girl!

Re: Re: Christina on Elimidate

Originally posted by Jerecca
    I just wanted to set the record straight. Christina was on Elimidate but was the second one eliminated from the show. She was also the only one that showed any dignity or self respect at all. Other than running up to the others "bouncing" her assets a bit at the beginning of the show (which WAS scripted) she showed nothing but class.
    Could you please explain what you mean by scripted. Perhaps we have different understanding of the term and I would like to know how you see this.

Originally posted by fluff
    I couldn't get over how much she looks like Kelly Clarkson.
    Yep..she sure does.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Christina on Elimidate

Originally posted by Candybar
    Could you please explain what you mean by scripted. Perhaps we have different understanding of the term and I would like to know how you see this.
    Candybar--I didn't read your last post before posting mine on this issue.
    By scripted, I don't mean that they tell them what to say verbatim, but they might say, for example, "We want you to approach the guy in this particular manner. " I was also told that if they didn't like the way a certain aspect of the "date" played out, they cut filming and had them reshoot it . So I guess I should not say the show is "scripted" but they are "led" into doing things and saying certain things so the date ends up being what the shows producers want it to be.

FORT Newbie

Elimidate/ Playboy

My guys friends took a poll and they all think that she should pose for Playboy or Maxim. All the guys thought she looked "Smokin" in her bikini shot and "the metal" dress. I admit her picture on here does not do her justice.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Christina on Elimidate

Originally posted by Jerecca
    [So I guess I should not say the show is "scripted" but they are "led" into doing things and saying certain things so the date ends up being what the shows producers want it to be. [/B]
    Yes, you are real close there in your impression. They shoot with a minimum of two cameras and sometimes three. The editors do a good job of getting 22 minutes of show out of hours and hours of tape. (No I won't annoy the regulars here and explain editing.) The producers spend a lot of time in the interview process before and after each and every event in the show interviewing. They will ask the same question as many different ways as they need to to get the answer they need for the show. Even to the point of saying, "could you say it this way?" "No, then in this particular circumstance could you say that?"

To get back on topic. I loved Robs discription of the dress with the 'lowcut neck and metal thing." I know someone had to work that though step by step to get that quote. This guy is not into womens clothes but what is in them. That is for sure.

I do think he is really goodlooking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast