+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Recap - For Love or Money - First Episode - June 2, 2003

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Oh good lord... those two? I'm so relieved to discover the two who appeared to have the fewest possible redeeming qualities filled the role of the two least likely to be able to form the cognitive abilities to recognize physical symbols arranged on a page as representative of abstract thought.

Never ever ever ever date a person who doesn't read. You can consider drunken hookups with them, but only if you are willing to chew off your own arm to escape.

Did we get a chance to see what this poor novel was? Man, do I wish I'd Tivod that moment... that's pure schadenfruede beatitude!
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

"Girlfriend, this is our champagne!"

"My liver's just gonna be lounging in a bucket full of it, and then I'm gonna soak my eyes in the residue."

Man, those two girls are too stupid to be around other people, and too ugly to be hookers. Good thing this show gave them an outlet...

FORT Fogey
    Let me just state unequivocally that no book was seen anywhere near Cristy at the time of this conversation (or at any other time, I would venture to guess).

Brockdrywall I look forward to reading your posts. You say it well. I worked in reality tv too. Okay unscripted TV, hah!

How they play out Rob's character is going to be fun to watch.

I'm looking forward to how this Rob turns out too. If you remember, Andrew was formal & stiff and blah but kind of relaxed a bit more as the show went on. Also, the bloopers showed a whole different Andrew! Editing anyone? This guy is pretty good looking but so far NO Personality AT ALL!! If he doesn't shine a little bit more how can we expect the winner(?) NOT to take the money! By the way, EXCELLENT recap CG!!
    "The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Let the body talk droolingovrhim's Avatar
    Hi.

I've just read the recap since I've missed the first half of the show, thank you for making it clear that it was a choice between the man or the money (because there were times when I thought it was both, and then there were times when it was neither.)

I'm not trying to say anything to make myself less liked here, but I think in every recap topic of a dating reality tv show (mr. personality etc. etc.), all the discussion here is just bash the show as much as possible. I'm not saying this is a great show, but I've noticed it in every episode from the past. It's always the same "I'm glad I didn't watch the episode" or "I'm going to skip the whole show from now on"...doesn't it get a bit...tiring?

May be it's just me though. Thank you, I've voiced my opinion.
    Remember, I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing with you.

Hell no! I love this stuff! It really is quality entertainment when done right (bachelorette, millionaire)... and i'd much rather waste my brain cells feasting on this kind of quality melodrama than whatever the hell else NBC's promos department is going to sell us on for must see TV thursday (next! on a very special veronica's closet in miami with jesse! no one with any charisma flirts with someone with whom they have no chemistry, and nothing happens!)

CaliGirl, What a fabulous first recap! I knew it would be well worth the read. I can not wait to read the next one! Woohoo!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

That's what makes reality tv what it is....so controversial. You either love the show, or you bash it. To each his own.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Very nicely done, CG! You made me laugh, and that's always a good thing.

BTW, I'm glad I didn't watch the episode. I'm going to skip the whole show from now on. Damn, why am I suddenly so tired.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345