+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recap - For Love or Money - First Episode - June 2, 2003

GREAT recap! I was thinking that Paige was gonna get the boot, and I really think he was on the verge of axing her, but her pathetic look, quivering lip, and welled-up eyes saved her at the 11th hour.

This guy has everything but spark, I might add. He has looks, brains, body, and perhaps even a very dry, droll sense of humor. But where's the SPARK? When he was asked by the host, "Are you nervous?" the guy replied, "No." I guess he's been in front of murderers and judges and soccer foes enough to not get jarred by anything or anyone. I'll bet he's a great poker player, too. But he's boring me to death with his vapid comments and he's already starting to sound like Evan Marriott. "Duh, I like your dress. It's red. It matches the rug." Yes, truly scintillating conversation!

He'd better step it up a notch and start showing some personality. I heard him on a talk show yesterday and he said he did some pretty rude stuff on the group dates. I guess we'll see that next Monday. I'm sure that show will be far more interesting!

Maybe the reason he noted the dress matched the carpet is because he wanted to see the dress crumpled on the carpet later...

ahhh, thinking like a man now, john...

i bet after he said that about her red dress, in his head he was saying, "stupid, stupid, stupid!! wtf was that about her carpet matching the rug!??!" i was rolling!!

LG.
    Super recap, CG! Much more interesting than the show. DD grabbed most of my favorite quotes already, but I think he didn't get this personal fav of mine:
    It's Stacey's turn and he tells her "wow, you're tall," kisses her cheek and asks her to stay. Whew. This is as exciting as watching dust motes.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Thanks, everybody!

It does my heart good to read what you had to say.

I have a confession: I took FOURTEEN PAGES of notes mostly dealing with the fabulous remarks made by Evan, erm, Rob to the ladies including the matching dress/rug comment. The rest were equally inane although a few were downright hilarious.

It was Paige who endeared herself to me by her opening remark that she possessed such people skills that she found it just as easy to talk to the "trashman" as to the "leader of Wal-Mart."

I would have loved to have written them all down but I had to heed John when he advised me not to make it too long.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Ah, the legendary leader of the Wal-Mart clan... I remember when they were just a small fringe tribe... now risen to nation status due to the efforts of their fearless leader, who despite his politcal savvy and powerful presence intimidates not our fair Paige...
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Fogey
    Ok CG tag your it, you have to re-cap the lame, needles in your eyes, bang your head against the wall show! The only redeeming quality is your fab re-cap!

He is a little dull huh? Like paint drying, stars twinkling, grass growing.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fantastic job! I know I won't watch next week, I will just have a fantastic time reading the news here!

Great recap! Baaaaaadd show!

From behind, Rob reminded me of Evan, but had NO personality. I know people said that Evan was a little short in that regard, but compared to Rob, well, Evan could make a living as a motivational speaker, talk show host, and perhaps even reality TV show host!

I do believe he was about to chose the evil one of the last two, and the cameras certainly didn't flatter her as she stood on the step! I think the giggling and the attitude changed his mind.

Are we sure that they know yet that it's him OR the money? After hearing that in the ads, I listened for it in the show and I don't remember it being mentioned.

I'll be looking for something else to watch, it was just too painful to listen to him repeat the same uhhhh lines, uhhhh, over and uhhhh over!
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Great job CaliGirl!
    It is evident that Jordan has never played host before but has watched plenty of other hosts, most notably Chris from the Bachelor.
    If only he had a champagne glass to bang his fork against. ::sniff::
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    I enjoyed the recap much more the the five minutes of the show I could stomach before changing the channel. Your recap was witty enough to keep me entertained and it even brought on a few chuckles.

I can't see myself watching this program, but I might check back next week to read the recap. Don't forget to take some Pepto Bismol and drink something caffeinated to curb the nausea and drowsiness that come as side effects of this program.

Best wishes!
    Just take a breath and relax...everything's going to be just fine...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast