+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Premiere Show-Discussion **Spoilers**

What a dork this guy is. I mean, he's pretty good looking, aside from the hair, but has he been locked in the basement for the past 20 years with Boo Radly? He has worse conversational skills than Keanu Reeves in his teen years.

I never thought I would see the reality *hero* that would make Evan Marriott the "dumb" out of the "dumb and dumber" duo.

As for the girls, I think Kelly is the mole. Could anyone be that superficial? She's a plant so we have a Sarah/Kirsten to hate.

I think Erin is Cindy Crawford after the mole removal surgery. I want to hate her, but so far she's been pretty cool.

The "Bob" girl, Melissa, doesn't have a prayer. He thinks she's like a guy's best friend. Kiss of death.

If there ever was a point at which I doubted that the money was the real prize here, that moment is over.

Of course, I'll probably watch next week to see how degrading it can get.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

FORT Newbie
    I had to laugh at the rug and his comment. the producers must have been on a tight budget to put that rug in a Bel Air home. I have the same rug from IKEA - and the matching curtains too!

the guy doesn't seem like a defense attorney. I hope it's just nerves that he speaks so ineloquently. If I had a defense attorney like that, I would be pretty worried during closing arguments!!!

lol_its_fun
    Christy is everything: selfish, ignorant, and slutty. But I would like her to stay and show off her personality more. hehe

FORT Newbie
    This is a bit random, but...

Why did they lock up the checks when it's pretty obvious you can't cash them? And why were the women so damn excited about those checks? I can write myself a $1 million check I can't cash too.

Quote of the night: "munch munch munch munch..."

Hahaha... I still can't believe he busted open those cookies and chowed down on the spot... just barely after Kelly got out of camera range. Were the producers starving this guy or something? Maybe he just really likes cookies.

Anyway, I found the cookie monster (Rob, not Kelly) to be quite quirky and funny in a very understated sort of way. At first it really annoyed me how slowly he spoke... but when I convinced myself that he was either a) thinking *very* hard about his words, or b) trying to sound (unsuccessfully) slow & sexy with a Texan drawl, it became bearable.

I was totally expecting to hate this show... but for some reason I found it somewhat endearing.

I thought the excitement of the girls combined with his obvious nervousness made the whole "first meeting" scene feel very real... not quite as polished as we would see in The Bachelor for example. I liked that feeling.

The girls also seem to have a range of interesting personalities and characteristics that will make this show a great discussion/bashing/comedic topic amongst me and my friends... what more can I ask for?

"I'm sorry I don't think it's going to work ouuuuut."
    ~M o s a i K~

Originally posted by Mosaik

I thought the excitement of the girls combined with his obvious nervousness made the whole "first meeting" scene feel very real... not quite as polished as we would see in The Bachelor for example. I liked that feeling.
    I agree. I was trying to figure out what I would say in this situation, and I'm not sure it's really fair to call him stupid.

I couldn't believe that Christy reall y didn't understand how terribly wrong it was of her to scribble on Paiges painting... of course I can't figure out why Paige brought the paintings in the first place.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Sleeping with George W
    Could this show be more scripted? (or at least highly, highly manipulated by the producers?). They got the "good girl/bad girl" scenario (Paige v. Kelley ala Zora v. Sarah and Kirsten v. Jen) established in record time.

Not sure how I feel about Rob. With a good haircut he'd be phenomenally good looking (he reminds me of Antonio Bandaras). He's defending people for murder, yet seems dumb as a box of rocks. My jury is still out on him. (agree with all who said the "thanks for comin's" were annoying as hell. Also, could he use the word "exciting" one more time??)

For those who asked, Christy scribbled all over Paige's drawing. The drawing said "Looking For ..." and then had a big heart ("Love"). Christy drew a giant penis on the heart and wrote the words "a big piece of meat" at the bottom. Personally, I thought that was hysterical. She was extremely scary looking ... like a young Kirk Douglas in drag.

All in all, a more entertaining show than I thought it would be. I'll be tuned in next week.

I didn't think it was hysterical at all
    seemed like something that would happen in the stall of a Jr. High school to me.

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by cali
    I agree. I was trying to figure out what I would say in this situation, and I'm not sure it's really fair to call him stupid.

I couldn't believe that Christy reall y didn't understand how terribly wrong it was of her to scribble on Paiges painting... of course I can't figure out why Paige brought the paintings in the first place.

Paige probably brought the paintings to hype them up so she can sell them on her website along with the t-shirts, thongs and coffee mugs she's already hawking!!

seriously? Wow, I guess she's really lookin' for those 15 minutes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast