+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will ANYONE take the guy over the money?

Hey - those of you turning down Millionaires...can you give me their addresses??

I'd take the money, then buy the poor schmuck a gift certificate for a dating service in the Dallas area and wish him good luck!

I'd take the money... but if I were one of these girls and genuinely liked him, I might choose him and take a chance.

But he'd have to be one hell of a guy to make me turn down a million.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    I'd take the money... but if I were one of these girls and genuinely liked him, I might choose him and take a chance.

But he'd have to be one hell of a guy to make me turn down a million.
    Amen, Sister!

Let's see: a million bucks or boring, inarticulate Rob? Not even close. Check please!

It's early yet. I still like him better than Evan. At least he had the good sense to remember something unique about each woman when it came to the dismissal ceremony.

He's got potential. At the very least, his heart seems to be in the right place.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Newbie
    I think whoever chooses a guy whom she know for only a few weeks over 1 million is a big sucker. As far as being labeled as gold digger, who cares? A few weeks after the show, nobody will even remember her, but she'll have solid 1 million to fulfill many of her dreams.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Just to reiterate... it's not a million dollars. It's a million dollars doled out over a period of time like the lottery, taxed at least 40%. That's how all these shows do their awards... it's a million, but by paying it out 10, 20, 30 years, they depreciate the real dollar value.

At most, it's $400,000. Not terrible, but also not rich.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Brock, I don't really think this is worth arguing, but it's definitely not how "all these shows do their awards."

Survivor winners have gotten their million (minus taxes) in one lump sum for 6 seasons. Evan and Zora each got a check for a half a mil. And so on. So, I believe you're incorrect, although I can't speak specifically for this show.

And it's not taxed "at least 40%", since the current highest tax rate in effect is 37%, it would be taxed at that level.

If you happen to live in a state with state taxes, it could put it over the 40, though.

Originally posted by NYGal
    Let's see: a million bucks or boring, inarticulate Rob? Not even close. Check please!
    I'd take the check! Forget Rob!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast