+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will ANYONE take the guy over the money?

Maybe they'll also give HIM the option of the girl or the $$$?
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

Two Million Dollars!

Or if she picked the money than the man he will win 2 Million Dollars! that would be funny she tries get him back but she already pick her prize. I really hope that would happed in the end for once.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    AnnaRHR,

Why no possible sympathy for anyone on these shows? You know they didn't tell the girls about the money until they were already there, and you know that they just told the guy that 15 women were out to win his heart... no one went into this with mercenary motives, yet it seems set up so NBC will end up pulling a fairly mean trick on someone. Seems to me that if you go into a show anticipating an above-board dating scenario and they turn it into a contest for money, you've been had, and are deserving of at least a little empathy... what if the guy was a friend of yours and 15 girls played him for cash? Would you not feel bad for him then?

Of course, I still think there's another twist where the guy gets to compete for cash also...
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Fogey
    I just think that the idea of going on TV for a chance to compete for a guy is flawed. I can't honestly believe somebody on one of these shows is honestly completing for "true love." They just want their fifteen minutes of fame. And people who think they've fallen in love with someone who dates, kisses, and flirts with other women is not really in love. I think most of the emotions are just an act to get the person to pick them.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Good points, Anna... it's a little sad how the shows prey on the desire for love to be quick, easy and telegenic... like if you find the right person and the klieg lights are on bright, it has to work out, right?

I hope that most of these folks DID do it just for the 15 minutes of fame, and the fun of it, and the free vacation, but I fear some will take it more seriously... play their characters a little too method, as it were, and end up hurt. It sucks that the networks get to rake in millions off of it, but then again the contestants know the rules going in.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Frankly as long as none of the women sleep with him as an attempt to get picked to "win" I don't care. I find it kind of an odd sounding show but I may watch.....clearly under these circumstances, I would take the money.....unless he is a totally bombshell of a guy for some girl on that show.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I agree...AnnaRHR. These people know ahead of time what they are in for. If they are still willing to go on national tv and (some of them) make fools of themselves, then that's their problem.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

If the guy in the picture is the guy you "win", give me the two million bucks. Ew.

FORT Fogey
    I would take two bucks over him...

Anybody out there old enough to remember singer/actor Robert Goulet? This guy reminds me of him. Sort of ... smarmy ... blech.
    Ipse dixit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast