+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will ANYONE take the guy over the money?

FORT Fogey

What's love got to do with it?

The premise is a bit skewed toward the "love" angle because that is what we've been exposed to lately in everything from "The Bachelor" to that bomb "Mr. Personality."

However, if human nature were to win out, then the choice would definitely be the money. It only makes sense. The money is a "known" factor, the guy is an "unknown."

Why are we supposed to look down on someone who makes the intelligent choice? I know I wouldn't.

I think it would depend on how "in love" the winner acted throughout the series.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fogey
    Honestly, who would want to date one of the contestants on these reality shows? I wouldn't want to date somebody who would choose their life mate on the basis of a couple of weeks with an array of women/men and I don't know who would put all their business out there in order to compete for a man/woman? And most of the men/women they are competing for are NOT all that (Joe Millionaire, Mr. Personality, etc.). I can't see being comfortable dating somebody knowing a few hours later, they will be dating and kissing somebody else. Doesn't appeal to me... I would never go on this show, but if I did, I would definitely choose the money...

Originally posted by Smiley5127
    The sad part is, the final girl, whoever she may be, will be ultimately condemned as the gold digger in the game if she chooses the money over the man, which is what any reasonable person would do. But if she passes up the money, she saves face, but is branded an idiot for passing up the mil for a man she has only known for a few short weeks in a relationship that will probably not last anyway. Double edged sword if you ask me. I'd take the money though.
    Yep, it's a lose/lose for the woman chosen.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Take the money - we'll all understand.

I wonder whether Rob will be briefed to look for someone he actually would want to have a relationship or someone who the producers think will take the cash.

JM didn;t really unearth a gold digger imo, perhaps they would really like to find one on this show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by John
    Take the money - we'll all understand.
    Right

I know that's what I'd do.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The only good part of this is that Rob doesn't know about the deal with the ladies - and he doesn't own a TV, so he probably is pretty clueless about reality shows and "twists". It's gonna break his greasy little black heart. Awwww.

Aha, hmmm, that's kind of cool that he doesn't know about it.

I prefer that he isn't in on the big secret.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. Women are empowered here. They can go for the money or go for the guy, neither is a bad choice. Sounds like Bachelor+Survivor.
    Snark with the best
    Die like the rest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast