+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 8/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy
    I knew it! I am now 100% sure that both Rachel and Caleb thought the final twist of the show would be that they would be rewarded with a cheque of some sort for making the right decision - ie. picking love over money. That was the only explanation that makes sense. If you had only seen FLoM 1&2, that is what you would think. You know, I do feel a little badly for Rachel - I hope this exposure does something for her show biz career.....
    I would probably agree that Rachel & Caleb thought there would a pseudo-Joe Millionaire moment where true love would be rewarded with a check or other such valuables. Like I said before, Nash & NBC made out big time on this season's shows.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I was slightly surprised that Caleb picked her over the money, but I see how the odds were against him winning the money (and he may have had concerns about how he'd be viewed by anyone watching the show if he had picked the check).
    How were the odds against him? From what I can tell the odds were even. Assuming NBC was playing straight with the cheques he had a 50-50 chance at a million.

Caleb sure wouldn't be a big winner in poker. He had the 50-50 chance of having $1 million, but saw bigger $ signs in knowing the ending of FLOM2. Plus I am sure he felt he would look really dumb if he picked a mystery check worth only $1 over Rachel. He knew Rachel was playing for something by her agressiveness, so he gambled that she would pick him in the end and split her assumed $2 million (same as Erin) with him.

Maybe if Caleb had kept it to himself that he originally had a $1 million check, he might not have lost it to Morgan; then in the end he would have had a guarantee of $1 million (cause there is no way he would have swaped his check during that last twist) and I am sure he would not have chosen Rachel.

Speaking of Morgan switching checks with Caleb. Mike played the game well. He very nicely let Morgan know that Caleb had the $1 million check thereby deflecting Morgan's attention away from his $250,000 check. Morgan had already figured out the approximate value of Mike's and Chris' check so would have gone with a sure thing until he was given the info about Caleb's check. Well done Mike, he was quite the little gossiper diverting attention away from himself and creating tension amongst the other men. Despite his protesting, he would have chosen money in the end (JMHO) as he admits to having difficulty with relationships.

Rachel, you are on strike 2; hopefully your anticipated acting career won't be strike 3. Based on how well your acting in FLOM worked, better go back not swing that bat!

I had a thought that maybe someone could clarify. What if Rachel really wanted Mike, but also wanted the money...Would she be able to pick Caleb, then pick the money, and then drop Caleb for Mike? I know Jordan said if she chooses the money, she can't have any contact with who she chose, but does that go for all of the men?

like they could really stop them from contact anyway

don't they say the survivors arent supposed to have contact with each other while the show is airing??? well amber/rob were seen all over town during the show so yeah obviously they really can't do anything about it

i wouldn't be surprised if we do hear that she's back with mike

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    like they could really stop them from contact anyway

don't they say the survivors arent supposed to have contact with each other while the show is airing??? well amber/rob were seen all over town during the show so yeah obviously they really can't do anything about it

i wouldn't be surprised if we do hear that she's back with mike
    Then Rachel must really be a dumb bunny to not think of that scenario!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789