+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 8/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by aceiling
    Ah. It's over. Yeah, I don't have a lot of faith in the long term stability of that relationship...
    i hear ya! ... okay, soon as i read the screen caps (again, no pressure, DB ) then it is time to delete this show from my bookmarks ... but i'll be looking for you all on another wonderful reality board ...

awww.. I am not convinced about the longevity of Rachel & Caleb.. but I do think their decisions say something about their characters and personalities. And I do think they see themselves in each other.. just the way they reacted to stress at lunch by becoming quiet.. while Mike was sitting there sort of oblivious to the mood, and just not understanding either of them.

that said, i think both Rachel & Caleb are caught up in the situation. and, I think Caleb's decision, while hard, was actually an educated gamble. what are the possible outcomes?

-- take the check & be a millionaire (no relationship)
    -- take the check & have it be $1 (no relationship)
    -- not take the check & give up a million (w/ relationship)
    -- not take the check & give up $1 (w/ relationship)

Out of those outcomes.. the 2nd one stinks the most- and he had to be thinking about that going in- how bad that would look to TV viewers, how bad he'd feel, everything. Plus, if Rachel were to choose him (already unlikely since he's so flakey), that would've proven her intentions to him, further swaying his decision.

So for him, it wasn't really for love or money-- he had more to lose by taking the mystery check.

For Rachel... wow, she really followed her heart and chose love over money. Then again, I knew she'd do it from the beginning.

I'm not seeing the longevity of this, though.

Quote Originally Posted by divaexpatriate

For Rachel... wow, she really followed her heart and chose love over money. Then again, I knew she'd do it from the beginning.
    really? i honestly wasnt sure what the heck she was going to do. one second she's like "i need someone to fall for me & win me a million dollars" & the next second shes like "i really like _"
    xo0x k

Waiting..for the wolves Great Pyr's Avatar
    They fulfilled their contract....love, not money (not marriage either). I heard too many whispers in this, coming from the producers! The "My Mom's too old to work and needs this money to retire".....well to quote Puddy..."That's
    Bogus"! I'm sure they are NOT going to be together as we read this.
    A terrible beauty is born

I'm kinda surprised that they didn't already start pushing the next FLOM with Mike or David ... anyone hear rumors of a next one??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Waiting..for the wolves Great Pyr's Avatar
    We now await the "Average Joes"
    A terrible beauty is born

Quote Originally Posted by waterxmelon
    really? i honestly wasnt sure what the heck she was going to do. one second she's like "i need someone to fall for me & win me a million dollars" & the next second shes like "i really like _"

She's all talk. I think she says it to seem in control.. to show how confidant she is in her ability to attract guys.. like, she really believes a guy might choose her over a million bucks. The ego boost from actually *having* a guy (that she likes, even) choose her over the money was probably worth more than actually having the money itself..

I think Caleb knew the amount of his check. I think PJ did too. In all honesty- there is no way in heck I would ever choose someone I had met 3 weeks earlier over a chance for a million. There are just too many fish in the sea and very few chances to get that kind of money.

God the last three guys were hot. Honestly?? I'm a bit surprised she didn't choose Mike over Caleb...I didn't see that one coming!!!
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Well, I must say I was VERY surprised at the ending! (Sorry, Jordan - not SHOCKED - just surprised! ) I think she has some kind of feelings for both Mike & Caleb, but I really thought her feelings for the check were stronger! Ya fooled me, Rachel!

+ Reply to Thread