+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 7/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    Unbelievable! Mike is so infatuated with Rachel. The way he was talking about Rachel as some archetype for beauty was just creepy on a Hannibal Lecter level.
    I think he's creepy too - I think roseskid got it right - he's too INTENSE!

David seems like the type who falls in love easily, the type that would date anything female.
    I think David would pick her over money too! But he's way too sweet & innocent for Rachel. He would have been a good match for PJ I think! (Although he's not really tall enough!)

Caleb comes off nervous and insecure, but level-headed. At this point, we donít know enough about him to know whether he would take the money.
    I don't think Caleb in into her AT ALL, and that's why he comes across as kind of nervous... I just don't think Rachel is his type of woman.

... at this point, Iíd bet on Mike and Morgan being the final 2.
    Me too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon
    Is anyone actually watching this idiotic show??!! I liked it the first couple of "seasons", but it has gotten so boring and ridiculous, that I can't even bring myself to tune in anymore. The whole concept of the checks with differing amounts is stupid. It makes the show so hard to follow, and to me, following it is not even worth it!!

Plus the fact that these reality show couples almost never stay together for more than a short time after the show is over, makes it seem pointless to even tune in. Just a waste of time, in my opinion!!
    I love this show! It's very entertaining...! Isn't that what TV is supposed to be? A waste of time, but entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    AND WHAT'S WITH THE SKEET SHOOTING?! Does some NBC executive own stock in one or something? Next they'll have the guys ride mechanical bulls, or try on wedding gowns!
    The Bachelor was NBC too, right? And they had Jesse shooting guns in that. So the Bachelor, WWTMMD and FLOM all show shooting guns as a "wholesome family sport" -- It's an election year down there in the US isn't it?

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    Yeah I don't quite get why these shows have to go for the bizarre "sports" like skeet shooting and archery.....why not have the guys (or girls, for that matter...except that they don't seem to use sports as a basis for competition quite so much with them) compete in "normal" sports that they might actually have PLAYED in the past? Like one on one basketball, or tennis, or swimming, or even a freakin foot race? Lots of opportunity for hot shirtless scenes (nobody disrobes to shoot skeet) or tiny tight athletic togs or bikinis. Where are their minds here? LOL Is the object just to make them look uncoordinated and get a laugh? If this is the case they'll certainly be shooting skeet on Average Joe next season!

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    And Danger Bunny...........I LOVE your new hungry donkey avatar!!! (Insert variety of laughing, ROTF smilies here, as I don't know how to use them)

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Mike is just creepy!
    David is my favorite
    Morgan is nice looking, but he definitely is playing for money - now!

I agree that this has gotten boring. Gimme a cat fight! I need some claws!!

Mike is far too intense for my liking.
    He obviously went there to find love, but he comes off as desperate to me, which is hardly an attractive characteristic.

David has been my favourite from the beginning.
    I think he's a cutie.

I'm not sure about Morgan though.
    To me, he is not one of the better looking ones and he is clearly there for the cash. Nothing wrong with that, it's part of the game, but I would have thought a player like Rachel would have been able to spot another one and have booted Morgan.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    The Bachelor was NBC too, right? And they had Jesse shooting guns in that. So the Bachelor, WWTMMD and FLOM all show shooting guns as a "wholesome family sport" -- It's an election year down there in the US isn't it?
    I believe Bachelor was ABC, but you're right about it being an election year... all the gun business is bizarre if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberieblond
    swimming and running sports
    Allowing for small bathing suits and shirtless men in running shorts would be a definite bonus to sports other than requiring people to be full clothed! I like the way you think!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

They must be running out of things for people to do on these shows...
    I guess next week it's time for some hot-tub scenes...
    I wonder if the contestants have any say in what they do on their "dates"?!? On WWTMMD the had the skeet shooting (& the racetrack)because those were Marty's hobbies... but I don't think skeet shooting is a hobby of Rachel's! Well, maybe she doesn't have any hobbies other than being snarky to other women...

I'm Stunned and Amazed . . .

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    They must be running out of things for people to do on these shows...
    I guess next week it's time for some hot-tub scenes...
    I wonder if the contestants have any say in what they do on their "dates"?!? On WWTMMD the had the skeet shooting (& the racetrack)because those were Marty's hobbies... but I don't think skeet shooting is a hobby of Rachel's! Well, maybe she doesn't have any hobbies other than being snarky to other women...
    that there haven't been any hot tub opportunities yet, Berries! Man, the poor guys must be so disappointed. I would be . . .there they are in a gorgeous house and they are never shown having any fun whatsoever. By the looks of it, they're all sharing the same room, too . . .

The usual MO in these reality shows is to not allow the contestants to have any access to any form of entertainment other than each other. No TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, computers . . .nothing to do but sit around envying whoever is on a date with the bachelor/bachelorette of the moment and pick fights with each other. When women are involved, as we have richly seen in the preceeding FLOM, not to mention Joe Millionaire and the Bachelor franchise, women rise to this challenge admirably and pick all kinds of fights. Girls make for really great TV, even when they aren't in a hot tub.

Guys on the other hand are wired up to be more action-oriented. When they aren't allowed to do anything fun but lay around on some rented furniture playing mind games on each other, they tend to get surly & quiet. Or else, pour some beers and have a grand old time bonding poolside, such as we saw in AJ Hawaii, and the first Bachelorette bachelor pad, where the guys were having so much fun together that Trista was only an afterthought. I can't comment on Bachelorette 2 since I didn't see it, but I assume a similar dynamic went on.

In contrast, these poor schlubs of Rachel's aren't having any fun. Even the dates are dull as dirt. I thought at the very least, when Caleb and Rachel got in the rowboat last night that there might be some kind of big explosion and they'd have to start swimming for it. NBC let me down!

As far as I'm concerned, this FLOM belongs on the reject pile. The only show where the contestants are having less exotic fun is on 'Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    that there haven't been any hot tub opportunities yet, Berries! Man, the poor guys must be so disappointed. I would be . . .there they are in a gorgeous house and they are never shown having any fun whatsoever. By the looks of it, they're all sharing the same room, too . . .

The usual MO in these reality shows is to not allow the contestants to have any access to any form of entertainment other than each other. No TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, computers . . .nothing to do but sit around envying whoever is on a date with the bachelor/bachelorette of the moment and pick fights with each other. When women are involved, as we have richly seen in the preceeding FLOM, not to mention Joe Millionaire and the Bachelor franchise, women rise to this challenge admirably and pick all kinds of fights. Girls make for really great TV, even when they aren't in a hot tub.

Guys on the other hand are wired up to be more action-oriented. When they aren't allowed to do anything fun but lay around on some rented furniture playing mind games on each other, they tend to get surly & quiet. Or else, pour some beers and have a grand old time bonding poolside, such as we saw in AJ Hawaii, and the first Bachelorette bachelor pad, where the guys were having so much fun together that Trista was only an afterthought. I can't comment on Bachelorette 2 since I didn't see it, but I assume a similar dynamic went on.

In contrast, these poor schlubs of Rachel's aren't having any fun. Even the dates are dull as dirt. I thought at the very least, when Caleb and Rachel got in the rowboat last night that there might be some kind of big explosion and they'd have to start swimming for it. NBC let me down!

As far as I'm concerned, this FLOM belongs on the reject pile. The only show where the contestants are having less exotic fun is on 'Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
    Boring contestants provide lousy entertainment.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast