+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 7/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    ...and Alex is gone. She gave you a 'friends' pass, Alex. It's not like she threw you off the never-never land cliff.

Oh! And Caleb stays! The Josh is a goner. I guess that groping isn't a good strategy tactic...

Oh lord. The look they panned over and showed on Josh's face? One of the most priceless things I've EVER seen on one of these shows.

It's obvious she is SO saying the money stuff to try and make good TV. After tonight, you can tell she puts on an act sometimes, but is probably a closet romantic.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Wow, they managed to edit Rachel so that she looks 10 times nicer than the first time we saw her. I actually like her character now. Gasp.

Poor Josh - I guess that it was time for him to learn that grabbing won't get you everywhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    Wow, they managed to edit Rachel so that she looks 10 times nicer than the first time we saw her. I actually like her character now. Gasp..
    I am too harsh on her or she truly not all that photogenic? Did you see the way she was sitting at a dinner table in that ball room? They girl has no class, in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    Poor Josh - I guess that it was time for him to learn that grabbing won't get you everywhere in life.
    Josh took her for what she is and not what she is trying to pretend to be. IMHO.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

FORT Newbie

Great choices

I really have to admire Rachel. She got rid of the three who were admittedly only after the money tonight. But my favorite part was watching the guys' faces when she let Josh go. When she told him that it was "going too fast," all the other guys had the best expressions on their faces. Shock and disbelief that the smug Josh, who thought he had it in the bag, got shafted.

Bet we don't see any more maul artists anytime soon.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    Did you see the way she was sitting at a dinner table in that ball room? They girl has no class, in my opinion
    Oh yeah!! I couldn't believe her poor posture and manners. The way she was slouched down over the table. Didn't anyone ever teach her that you're supposed to bring the implements up to your face and not the other way around? She was getting dangerously close to sticking her nose in the feedbag.

Quote Originally Posted by kaypasa2
    Oh yeah!! I couldn't believe her poor posture and manners. The way she was slouched down over the table. Didn't anyone ever teach her that you're supposed to bring the implements up to your face and not the other way around? She was getting dangerously close to sticking her nose in the feedbag.
    This is all I was thinking about during this episode.

I think Josh understood her better than she wanted him to and that is what she was so upset about.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    I think Josh understood her better than she wanted him to and that is what she was so upset about.
    Wow. That is one classy comment.

I can't believe you're suggesting the mauling incident was Rachel's fault because the guy "understood her better than she wanted him to." What does that mean? Are you saying she's a slut so she got mad when Josh started treating her like one? I saw no indication that Rachel was leading Josh on, or being slutty, and that moment was clearly uncomfortable for her. I've had stuff like this happen to me during dates, and it makes me sick when I hear people like you accuse the girl of asking for it.

Wow, I missed the show tonight...too bad. Thanks everyone for the great commentary. I feel like I didn't miss a thing!

I was surprised to see Rachel respond that way to Josh's advances. On her first date with Preston, I recall Rachel being quite the aggressive one who threw herself all over Preston. Now all of a sudden, she's worried about moving too fast? Getting "mauled by a wild animal" was a harsh way to put it. It seemed like just making out, minor groping...which Rachel didn't have a problem with on her first date with Preston. Josh wasn't forcing her to do anything and he backed off when she wasn't feeling it. I think Rachel is used to being the more aggressive one in a relationship, she wants to set the pace on when to make each move. Josh was establishing that he was the one in control, and Rachel didn't know how to respond to that. If the remaining guys can read Rachel at all, they should lay low and just try to keep her intrigued. It's clear from the Josh and Alex eliminations that she doesn't like guys who throw themselves at her. I just find this ironic, because we saw the way she was with Preston.

+ Reply to Thread