+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 7/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    My whole problem with this is, what self respecting woman with a head on her shoulders is going to accept a $500,000 necklace on a first date? And in that, I can see why he did what he did. He'd already paid for it!! Or did he explain the necklace was from the show?
    I cannot believe for one second that Rachel thought JOSH was GIVING her that necklace. And to suggest that even if he DID give an expensive necklace it allows him some free passage.....well.....all I can say is "YIKES!!!

Did I hopefully misunderstand you?!?

On another subject, I think its understandable how confusing we women can seem to men. I think during the whole Josh/limo thing Rachel was sending him MANY mixed messages. Even I was confused as to how she really felt about it -- one minute she's telling him "no", the next, "it wasn't that bad". Personally, I think he was out of line, but I think she totally confused him with her yo-yoyoing (is that a word!?) reactions to it.
    Last edited by roseskid; 07-20-2004 at 01:12 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I missed some of the show. Does Rachel get to keep the necklace?

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands

I missed some of the show. Does Rachel get to keep the necklace?
    No. It was just for the night to help set the "mood". :rolleyes

Also, I love how little miss hypocrite scolds Josh for doing to him what she did to Preston on their first one-on-one. Was it just my imagination or did she seem to be going into to before common sense charged in at the last second?

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    All I have to add to this discussion is - how hot is Chris?

I'm so glad I got him before AJ and berries and Partridge.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Boy..I'm sorry.. but Rachel is SOOOOoooo not attractive to me. She's has a terrible hairdo, posture and manners. Then, to top it off...she really thinks she's worthy of this whole experience. Ugh!

I'm really hoping that whatever guy it is at the end, he chooses the $$ again. Honestly..she needs to stop doing this show, it's NOT flattering her.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I'm really hoping that whatever guy it is at the end, he chooses the $$ again. Honestly..she needs to stop doing this show, it's NOT flattering her.
    That holds true for all of the dudes she has to pick from.

Hey, Mike's cool. He reminds me a lot of Rachel. He makes these faces sometimes (not the popping eyes, mind you) and is pretty open. He's like a mix of Rachel (emotive) and PJ (searching for love) if they were guys. I see him sticking around for a bit longer. He did pick Rachel first.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

FORT Newbie

Double standards at play again?

Or could it be that the some of the participants know that, if you get in good in the nookie-nookie department, you're likely to stay in the game. All you have to do is look at all the past series/shows. Whoever gets lip time is likely to stay. Those that wait too long to test their "connection," can be at a disadvantage.

Rachel knew to establish her connection (that's lip connection) with Preston as soon as possible, and it paid off pretty well.

As for what Josh did... he might have gotten a little more handsy than we were shown, only because of the way Rachel's dress was all twisted. Mere kissing can become mauling, when done by someone with no skills whatsoever.

Back to Mike...

When Rachel called him a wildcard, it reminded me of Erin with Chad because she was unsure of him until the very end, yet he was the one she was attracted to from the beginning. We may have the same situation here. I like Mike too!! Go Mike!

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    My personal take on the whole "mauling" in the limo thing.........I think Josh was just a bad kisser and shoved his whole tongue down her throat (haven't you ever had a guy kiss you like that, no finesse, but they think it's "hot") A bad kisser is a real turn-off....too much tongue, too much saliva, too soon...I don't think he necessarily "mauled" her in a physical "hands on" sense (although he could have, admittedly....but I think that would be too far for even the most confident guy to go while being televised, AND on a first date) I just somehow got the impression from what Rachel said that it was the KISSING that was the problem. If I had all these attractive men to choose from, I wouldn't hesitate to get rid of one that made me recoil from his less-than-suave technique.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberieblond
    My personal take on the whole "mauling" in the limo thing.........I think Josh was just a bad kisser and shoved his whole tongue down her throat (haven't you ever had a guy kiss you like that, no finesse, but they think it's "hot") A bad kisser is a real turn-off....too much tongue, too much saliva, too soon...I don't think he necessarily "mauled" her in a physical "hands on" sense (although he could have, admittedly....but I think that would be too far for even the most confident guy to go while being televised, AND on a first date) I just somehow got the impression from what Rachel said that it was the KISSING that was the problem. If I had all these attractive men to choose from, I wouldn't hesitate to get rid of one that made me recoil from his less-than-suave technique.
    Agree totally with you. There have been guys I have totally wanted to kiss and the dive with the tongue just is an absolute turn off.

+ Reply to Thread