+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 7/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

OK, sorry if this has already been posted, but here's the money breakdown:

Guys that picked Andrea:
    Ben ($1 mil), Dave K ($1 mil), Chad ($100 K), Wes ($100 K), Brian ($50 K), Jai ($1) and Steve ($1).

Guys that picked Rachel:
    Caleb ($1 mil), Rudy ($1 mil), Alex ($500 K), Josh ($500 K), Chris ($250 K), Mike ($250 K), Dave S ($1), and Morgan ($1).

So, on average, the guys that picked Rachel are worth more....playing the game??? Also, another money twist HAS to be coming up (as we all know!) since Rachel has been 'promised' her million dollar check if the guy she picks in the end picks her over his check....she could basically guarantee herself that money if she picks Dave or Morgan in the end. Since they know they're only worth $1, they would likely pick Rachel to save face and then she could walk away with her million. Unless of course she decides to play for love instead. Likely? Not really.

Anyway, there will be some twist before the end where the amounts the men have will be changed, just like FLOM3, and they won't be told what those amounts are. I can't see the producers having the final 2 men know their check value. It'll be the same - 1 will be worth $1 and 1 will be worth $1 million. Now, as for Rachel giving up a guaranteed $1 million for love - not happening.
    Show Me Da Money
    Last edited by proudnewf; 07-13-2004 at 03:13 PM.

[QUOTE=ADKLove]I might be wrong, but I thought Rachel doesn't drink
    QUOTE]

I thought so too, but last season when Rachel, Preston and Rebekah were in the limo, Rachel brought that up to Preston (can't remember the exact conversation, but basically Preston asked Rachel if she wanted a drink, Rachel said no, she doesn't drink and Preston said "Well, neither do I"), anyway, later when they were in Mexico Rachel did have a margarita in her hand and was sipping it. Could have been a virgin, but grossola.

Quote Originally Posted by jer2911
    hate to break this to you, but the guys you know are lying to you because they don't want you to think they are superficial by saying andrea is cuter than rachel......the guys on the show picked rachel because she is an easier mark for them to convince they have 'fallen' for her so they can pick the cash over her. they figured since andrea had so many more things going for her (cooking skills, looks, personality, etc) that rachel would have lower self-esteem and want to believe them
    So that's it. I couldn't figure for the life of me why the majority of the guys would go for Rachel, because the woman has the personality of a tree stump. I didn't particulary care for Andrea or Rachel in FLOM3, but last night Andrea came across as perky, while Rachel was blah. It is one thing to add twists to these reality shows, quite another when they are blatantly rigged.

Rigged

You guys crack me up.
    I don't like Rachel....
    I don't like Andrea...
    This show is rigged.
    My advice to you is don't watch the show.

I love the show and I loved it that Rachel won.
    Who cares if it is rigged?
    With Andrea being an Event Planner, you don't think that was rigged as well so she would look better, since she made a better meal.
    The last show was rigged as well, I mean do you really think it was chance that PJ had the $1 check and Rachel had the $1,000,000 check. I don't think so.

It's just a show, sit back and enjoy.
    That is what I am going to do.

There is way too much hate in the world today..... JMO

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    So that's it. I couldn't figure for the life of me why the majority of the guys would go for Rachel, because the woman has the personality of a tree stump. I didn't particulary care for Andrea or Rachel in FLOM3, but last night Andrea came across as perky, while Rachel was blah. It is one thing to add twists to these reality shows, quite another when they are blatantly rigged.
    Yes, I was shocked that Rachel won. Andrea did come off as nicer and more touchy - feely and outgoing. I think Andrea is much prettier than Rachel also-
    Rachel's hair always looks dirty to me. It irks me that I feel it is rigged also- it makes me not want to watch and I probably won't next week just because Rachel bugs the crap out of me. I also didn't like the way the guys were eliminated right off the bat- I though that was kind of cruel to get them all there and then make them leave. I had to laugh when Andrea said the way Rachel is getting the guys is by pouting- it was true. At least Andrea held her head up high when she wasn't picked. (and what the heck was that guy crying about at the end- I couldn't hear him because of my kids- but I was embarrassed for him )

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzz
    Honestly, you can't fault those of us who dislike Rachel as being the one who was chosen last night, after all, didn't the producers plant the seed last season for us not to like her??
    I think that might be part of the reason that Andrea was also portrayed as not only money-hungry, but money-hungry and stupid. At least Rachel was money-hungry and halfway near intelligent. However, if it had been Rebekah, Ali, or PJ coming back, Rachel would have had no chance in hell, unless she had been edited to look alot better than she had in the series. And that would not have happened, considering that there was no way to get around Rachel being Rachel.

That said, NBC did a very good job - after looking at Andrea for more than 30 seconds, I wanted to see Rachel. Desperately. At least Rachel looks like a real human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly_Hair
    You guys crack me up.
    I don't like Rachel....
    I don't like Andrea...
    This show is rigged.
    My advice to you is don't watch the show.
    It's just a show, sit back and enjoy.
    That is what I am going to do.

There is way too much hate in the world today..... JMO
    Exactly! In the end - who cares? It's entertainment, not a documentary. You have to suspend all sorts of disbelief to watch this stuff anyway. We're manipulated all over the place - just try not to think about it and you'll enjoy it all the more.

This show just cracks me up.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    At least Andrea held her head up high when she wasn't picked. (and what the heck was that guy crying about at the end- I couldn't hear him because of my kids- but I was embarrassed for him )
    He was saying, "My family is so homophobic that I can't admit to myself I'm gay."

But if you listened to the actual words, it went something like: "I want so badly to get married and have a wife and children and make my family proud of me."
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread