07-13-2004, 12:18 PM #111
I think the fact that Andrea's table was so full worked to Rachel's advantage in an odd way. Rachel was able to give her men more attention (because there were fewer of them!), so they felt a greater "connection" with her - while they might have been more drawn Andrea at first, she couldn't focus on each one.
07-13-2004, 12:37 PM #112
all rants, no raves
1. It was obvious from the start which girl would be chosen in the end - after all, had Andrea been picked, all the previews leading up to this season would have made the producers look pretty silly, since Rachel was featured 99% of the time as the next bachelorette, which is why I was surprised they threw in the Andrea twist at all.
2. I think I literally get sick to my stomach now every time Rachel rolls her eyes. (Does she do that now every time someone even says hello to her?) Guess it makes for an easy enough drinking game, though...
3. I might be able to better tolerate Rachel for another season if they'd stop doing interviews with her - that only leads to more of her eye rolling and displays of her unpleasant and intolerable personality. When she's around the guys, at least she's trying to be someone she's not, and I like that Rachel better. As for the Rachel you see in between scenes in the interviews I get the impression she thinks she playing a game called "For Money", and has forgotten about the "For Love or" part of the title.
4. I'm still bummed the producers actually made it a 7-7 tie vote with it coming right down to one last tiebreaker vote, which was so predictable and cheesy. Were we supposed to feel suspense and think Andrea might win?
5. Having Rachel be the girl chosen is like rewarding all the whining and pouting she did last season - the only time she smiles is when she's getting her way. (But hey, at least that stops the eye rolling for a few seconds)
6. And do I believe any of those guys actually had time to formulate a strategy about which girl to choose in order to win the money, even if they had enough collective brain cells to do so? At least now we'll find out what sort of guys go for Rachel, as I did get the impression the better selection of men left with Andrea....
7. Too many twists! How many things can you change (ie, so far everything?) before it stops being a 'twist' and just becomes the new rules for the show? For Love or Money 4 is now like a parody of all previous seasons of the show. I agree with those who said it's on the verge of becoming it's own Joe Schmo.
8. Why Andrea was able to provide wine for her lunch and Rachel served only water.... one of life's greater mysteries. Now that I think back on it, they didn't make Rachel serve lunch on papers plates while Andrea had fine china, did they? Or would that have been over the top, even for this show? Nice of the producers not to explain what parameters the girls were given for that task... (As far as Rachel possibly not serving wine because she doesn't drink, didn't they show her partaking of champagne last season when that issue was last brought up?)
9. And why do I get the feeling the next time a girl might actually consider making a nice dinner for me, she'll decide not to and say something to the effect it would take an 'event planner' to pull off something like that? heh
10. I feel like I should say something positive about the show now.
(and of course, will still keep watching...)
07-13-2004, 12:41 PM #113
You guys raise interesting points. Did Andrea and Rachel buy the food themselves? Did the producers provide the ingredients for the girls without talking to them? All I remember is them saying they had to make lunch for the guys. As far as I know, the contestants don't cook for themselves, as opposed to other reality shows, so expecting Rachel to provide a wonderful meal really seems shady.
"The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!
07-13-2004, 01:17 PM #114
Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun
Well, I guess they figured out the one way to make Rachel look pretty good - put her next to Andrea. I don't think I can count how many times Andrea insisted on touching all of the guys... it must be somewhere in the millions. And I'd take the Chicago connection over someone's dad being an athlete. I mean, at least the Chicago connection had something to do with Rachel personally. Andrea was just annoying. Plus, it's nice to see Andrea go away twice. When Andrea said that Rachel was thinking that she was half the person Andrea was I snorted. C'mon, Andrea can't be that delusional, can she?
That twist would have been so much better if it ended up being Toni from P-Ho - whoever can bug their eyes better between Toni and Rachel wins. Classic television.
07-13-2004, 01:29 PM #115
Let the Game Begin
I am glad that I don't take this show seriously. The producers are so obvious with their scripted scenarios.
I am sure that the lunch thing was deliberately slanted so that Andrea would have the more appealing meal and draw the men away from Rachel. Heck, who is to say that the shot of Rachel's table with 3-4 men left was not at the end of the meal and the guys were moving around socializing? Are we to believe that Rachel and Andrea showed up the day before to start this series and the next day had all the ingredients to put together a luncheon for 7-8 men per table. I think not, the producers probably gave Andrea and Rachel instructions on what food, etc. they were to prepare for their table. I really don't think it was Rachel's or Andrea's choice.
Also with the split being so even with one man being the tie breaker at the end. Please, that was so obvious. I remember from FLOM1 orFLOM2 I read an article on one of the contestants and they said that prior to an event where the contestants "vote" on leaving someone out of a date, the producers prepare them by saying "if you were to leave someone out who would it be"; so they go into these situations already knowing what's coming (probably not how it will be done but who will be left out). My take on how it is evenly split for these decisions (for example last night's elimination) is that the producers said to the men that they needed to split them up into a Rachel camp and an Andrea camp - 8 of you will choose Rachel and 7 of you will choose Andrea. The men probably did not know that this would mean eliminating their chosen camp. Hence the producers could build up the drama at the elimination.
This show is great entertainment.
07-13-2004, 01:34 PM #116
Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun
[QUOTE=jer2911]hate to break this to you, but the guys you know are lying to you because they don't want you to think they are superficial by saying andrea is cuter than rachel......QUOTE]
Personally, I would pick Rachel over Andrea any day. Andrea reminds me of an evil doll. Kinda like if Chuckie possessed 'Malibu Barbie'.
07-13-2004, 01:37 PM #117
Yoffy lifts a finger...
I much prefer Rachel to Andrea so was glad that she was chosen to stay, even of there was some producer manipulation.
The meal thing was slanted in Andrea's favour though imo.
07-13-2004, 01:59 PM #118
07-13-2004, 02:59 PM #119
Honestly, you can't fault those of us who dislike Rachel as being the one who was chosen last night, after all, didn't the producers plant the seed last season for us not to like her?? I seem to recall seeing a particular preview for FLOM3 every week, all season long, over and over, which was to the effect of "reality television has never met Rachel" and then the dramatic music, followed by her infamous eye rolling and saying "what an iiiiiiidiot!" So, even from the beginning of last season the show was centered on Rachel as much as Preston, and I find it odd they would try to portray her in such a bad light, only to bring her back as the star for this season, as if that would draw in viewer ratings.
I thought Andrea kinda looked like a cross between Rene Russo/Kim Cattrall. Although I found Rachel more attractive physically, in real life I would run from her if I met her now.
07-13-2004, 03:08 PM #120
Agree! If Andrea thought being on this show twice would further her acting career, she may get a bit part as an evil stepsister on a soap opera...
Originally Posted by Boredom
But - as for her love life, any guy watching this show would be completely turned off! :phhht
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.