+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 7/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Okay, its obvious that they SHOULDN'T be sending one of the women home this early. This is bound to be the best part of the show.

Rachel is the whiny (yet sometimes strangely appealing bug-eyed bi***, and Andrea is the over-the-top manipulative evil one.

Andrea is actually too over the top when her claws come out. Rachel actually makes better TV.
    I agree. Both whined so much last night it was almost distracting...but Rachel was the lesser of two evils and for whom I rooted to win...although I thought that the whole atmosphere at the elimination had a Joe Schmo feel to it..too coinicidental that the choice was split almost evenly.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I agree with some other posters that some of guys' reasons for going with Rachel was they thought they could play her easier than Andrea. It should be interesting, although my husband suggested a wicked alternative ending to last night.... Whatever guys chose the loser stayed, and the winner's guys left with the losing woman.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

It was a really good show last night in terms of the two ladies. I agree with applesauce that they could've shown more of the "romance"/ chemistry at the luncheon. I have no idea who any of these guys are personalitywise.

Hmm, the Andrea fans are coming out of the woodwork. I still say she's manipulative and money hungry.

I believe Rachel is the better Bachelorette. She could potentially find love. I thought her regret over losing Preston was genuine, especially when she saw the new rings on the pillow for this show.

The guys were strategizing big time. They recognized that Rachel is more open than Andrea, and will play on that. I truly believe Rachel has some good qualities and deserved to stay. The good qualities, however, does not include cooking.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Having a show centered around Rachel OR Andrea just shows that it's the premise of this show that draws people in, not the characters. I do think Rachel has more redeeming qualities than Andrea, but if this was The Bachelorette and one of them was cast as the lead, I would not be watching. What's most interesting about this saeson is the guys seem to know how to play the game, some have even watched the show. That one guy wasn't sweating getting the $1 check because he was expecting another twist, a couple of the guys who chose Rachel commented on it being their strategy that she would be easier to play. Wow..makes me wonder, did NBC include an IQ test as part of their screening for the new suitors?

Well, thank gawd Andrea is gone...what a cow. Good luck getting a date after that performance, hon.

I couldn't be more pleased, I've always liked Rachel...her best feature is that she's the most *real* bachelorette that's ever shown up on reality TV. Let's face it, girls, we aren't all sugar and spice, and if we don't always say some of the stuff Rachel blurts out, we definitely think it.

As for the guys (I was starting to get sucked in by Steven's sincerity, but that crying totally creeped me out - good riddance, ya sissy) - no thanks, Bama, someone else can take Josh, I'm definitely keeping Morgan. He absolutely plays better than his picture looks. Chris is allllll yours, too
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fanatic
    Disagree with those thinking that Rachel will find love. That gal is after $$...from the first episode of the previous show. DOn't let her 'talk' fool you that she fell for Preston.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaFabulous
    um nah..andrea isn't hard for a smart guy to see through. All the guys I know that watch this show think she is totally unattractive and fake. That's a big turnoff. Rachel does have personality and she's not nearly as stuck on herself as Andrea, easy to see why she got the most guys.
    hate to break this to you, but the guys you know are lying to you because they don't want you to think they are superficial by saying andrea is cuter than rachel......the guys on the show picked rachel because she is an easier mark for them to convince they have 'fallen' for her so they can pick the cash over her. they figured since andrea had so many more things going for her (cooking skills, looks, personality, etc) that rachel would have lower self-esteem and want to believe them

the producers must have polled the guys ahead of time, and most likely swayed a vote or two to keep rachel around for the drama factor since she's such an evil, whining, annoying, ......

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    The meal competition was totally rigged. I'm not sure why (maybe just to through us off), but it was totally slanted in Andrea's favor.
    I agree. OK, maybe Rachel doesn't cook much, so Andrea's food and presentation were better, but come on, when I saw Andrea had wine and Rachel had water, I thought, there is definitely a producer's hand in this. Or, are we to believe Andrea grew the grapes, stomped them, brewed and bottled the wine herself? I'm pretty sure Rachel knows how to get her hands on a bottle of wine and open it! :phhht
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I might be wrong, but I thought Rachel doesn't drink
    (although she still should have provided drinks for the guys....) She should've done steaks and beer, IMO. Andrea did a pasta dish which sounded good, but not really "guy" food, in my opinion.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

ADKLove, oh, that would explain the wine thing -- that was so bizarre.

When the female host came out, I was waiting for the guys to ask if they could choose HER, instead of Rachel and Andrea! Now THAT would have been great tv!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread