+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 7/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

What a joke!

After the decision had been made, you heard one of the guys commenting that the guys all knew it would be a landslide and some decided to play some kind of strategy by going with Rachel, I assume. Well, looks like their strategy worked, but it would've worked the other way if they had gone with Andrea, i.e., they would've stayed.

Perhaps the strategy was go with Rachel and be part of a smaller group, which increases your chances. Yep! That's the ticket.

But I'm totally bummed. I would've rather seen Andrea than more shows with that eyeball roller Rachel.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    I cannot believe how fake tonight's episode was. Although I'm not really a Rachel fan or an Andrea fan, there is no way that 8 of those guys chose Rachel and 7 chose Andrea without it being set up.

Andrea had much more of an outgoing personality and connected with the guys when initially meeting them as well as at the luncheon.

Sorry folks...tonight was completely rigged.
    I partially agree with this. I DO think there was a gentle "nudging" on the part of the producers for the men to choose Rachel. You saw at the lunch that they all flocked toward Andrea. It was totally obvious that more of them were interested in her than in Rachel. So for Rachel to have won out over Andrea means that there HAD to be some kind of manipulation there.

Also, I think the men were thinking more along the lines of strategy rather than who they really wanted to go after. I guess that's what happens when you put money in the mix. If this were just a regular dating show, most (if not all) of the guys would have picked Andrea.

So with those 2 factors I'd have to say that I don't think the "right" girl was chosen -both at the fault of the producers and the money-hungry men.

Also, does anyone else think that the premise/rules of this show are getting completely out of hand? Exactly how many "twists" can one show possibly have? By now, you need to have a handbook explaining all of the past shows and how they connect with each other. And that whole check switching thing for the last show -totally rigged. :rolleyes You gotta wonder how much of this show is just made up as they go along.

FORT Fogey
    Here go my rants:

1. Jai, a.k.a. Token Black Guy," called it - Andrea was a better bachelorette who would challenge the men. I think some of the men assumed Rachel would be easier to play.

2. I like Andrea better than Rachel in the same way that I like liver with onions better than plain liver. All four make me want to puke. And yes, Rachel is a bit more more of a drama queen (again more like liver with onions) but Rachel's drama is in her head and that was getting boring. At least Andrea would have challenged the men to their faces.

3. I also thought it was very funny that Rachel was so upset that she had to lie to the men about knowing Andrea. As opposed to lying to them about the million dollars.

4. I don't think it sad or cruel that the men that went with Andrea got eliminated. If they had stayed, Rachel would have eliminated every last one of them.

5. Of course, I will watch it religiously.

FORT Newbie
    I have to agree. I remember one of the guys, who ultimatley chose, Rachel, was one that she had commented didn't even know she was there when they were first introduced. One of the sandy haired guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Man, Andrea is a gloating hag. Everytime a guy goes to her side she gloats. I don't like Rachel but I think Andrea is even worse.

I predict Rachel will find true love. I'd rather see her find someone special than leave with big $$$. As confident (read: bitchy) as she seems, I think its a mask. An annoying mask with rolling bug-eyes , but a mask nonetheless.

(I don't really care for Rachel much, but wouldn't have even watched if Andrea had stayed. Her "type" annoy the cr@p out of me.)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Scrapbook
    I partially agree with this. I DO think there was a gentle "nudging" on the part of the producers for the men to choose Rachel.

Also, I think the men were thinking more along the lines of strategy rather than who they really wanted to go after. I guess that's what happens when you put money in the mix. If this were just a regular dating show, most (if not all) of the guys would have picked Andrea.
    I agree w/ Scrapbook. I think the men thought Rachel would be easier to manipulate to win the money.

I cannot believe how fake tonight's episode was. Although I'm not really a Rachel fan or an Andrea fan, there is no way that 8 of those guys chose Rachel and 7 chose Andrea without it being set up.

Andrea had much more of an outgoing personality and connected with the guys when initially meeting them as well as at the luncheon.

I agree. It was rigged all the way through.

The meal competition was totally rigged. I'm not sure why (maybe just to through us off), but it was totally slanted in Andrea's favor. I mean really, what are the odds that an event planner could put on a better meal than someone who is on the road most of the time? I'm guessing that Rachel rarely cooks...that, and she doesn't seem like the most sophisticated hostess to ever step into a kitchen.

I was sort of rooting for Andrea to win, because then I wouldn't have been tempted to keep watching, but now I don't know. We'll see.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by alizarules
    Rachel is a bit more more of a drama queen (again more like liver with onions) but Rachel's drama is in her head and that was getting boring. At least Andrea would have challenged the men to their faces.
    Gotta disagree with you there. Rachel has been far more natural and open with Preston and the guys than Andrea. If Andrea had won, I would expect to see her fawn over all the guys and wear a lot of fake smiles; basically do everything she can to please the men and get chosen at the end over money. At least with Rachel, you know she won't make it so easy for the guys. I mean in the previews, she was already giving some guy a hard time for "mauling" her in the limo. I doubt Andrea would raise a stink over that.

And yes, I agree many of the guys chose Rachel because they thought she would be easy to play. I can't wait to see how they'll react when they finally get to know her.

BTW, I'm convinced the producers are a bunch of sadistic bastards who have something against women. They continue to give men the upperhand, and do their best to embarrass the women. I seriously doubt Rachel can come out of this show unscathed (i.e. in a happy ending) with the way things have been going.

I'll keep watching. I am really curious to see what happens. I really don't think Rachel is all that bad (except for the eye rolling of course). She is young but I do think she wants to find someone.

I found it very interesting that they actually showed so little interaction between the "ladies" and men during the show. I am sure we saw maybe 2 minutes of the whole meal which probably lasted a few hours. Basically we are seeing what the producers want us to see. Most of the show was just hissing between the 2 girls and really not about the guys. Things should take better shape next week. Plus we get to see Rachel fight off Mr. Aggressive in the limo. I am also curious about the surprise "who's leaving". Do you think someone may voluntarily leave the show? Can't wait to find out!

hmmm i kinda figured rachel would win over andrea

this just shows men don't care if women can cook!!! there is hope for me

i can't believe rachel just gave them water to drink....even *I* know you don't do that!

none of these guys seem all that great to me, most of the ones i liked picked andrea

i can't stand either woman, but i looked at andrea as the lesser of two evils which is odd for me because i can't stand fakey people

+ Reply to Thread