+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mike

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Maybe his cheeks are red from all that pent-up anger he seems to be manifesting. I think they need to stop putting weapons in his hands: bows and arrows, lawn bowling balls, etc. He seems like he could snap at any time. I hope for Rachel's sake she stays on his good side.
    Poor Mike... all this bashing! (Glad he doesn't know where I live!)

Doesn't Mike look guy from The Village (now playing everywhere). Scarrrrrrrrrrrrry!
    So you think Mike looks like Joaquin Phoenix? Well I'd say that's a big compliment! They have the same type of intensity for sure. Have you seen Joaquin as Commodus in "Gladiator"? He is definitely scary in that....

I don't know why but I like them both!
    Last edited by Krispy; 08-03-2004 at 10:24 PM.

[QUOTE=baxpup]
    Quote Originally Posted by divaexpatriate
    My, you guys are just precious. "No offense", but archery is a pretentious sport. QUOTE]

"No Offense".....but those who claim that archery is a pretentious sport know absolutely nothing about the sport of archery. My son was an archer in college and he and his teammates are the farthest thing from pretentious that I've ever met

Uh, I was quoting addikted's post..

Rachel says she's so attracted to this loser, but she doesn't seem to notice the crap that comes out of his mouth... the way he was calling her a "hustler" when they were lawn bowling... (obviously doesn't like a woman to be better than he is at a game...?) :phhht and saying "she rocks it" (about what she was wearing) :rolleyes and that her body is "banging"... Where is he from again?!? Such romantic talk... I can see why she's so hot for him

I only have one thing to say about this guy....He gives me the creeps! ok maybe two...and I can't stand his mouth....

What’s with this shock that I called archery a pretentious sport. I went to the typical overcrowded, penny pinching public high school where we certainly never had an archery program (likewise with any public school that I’m aware of). We know so little about Mike that his playing archery from age 11-18 was the most tangible fact I could point to.

Missed the last episode, but with Morgan out, Mike seems to be the obvious choice now. Unless Rachel continues to mistake Mike’s desperation as being a “player”, but she seems to have a good handle on reading the guys.

I have to admit, he redeemed himself a little last night in my eyes. He seemed a softer, gentler Mike. To think that he'd be the somewhat lighthearted one of the group would never have crossed my mind. Actually loved his comment about being 'relationship retarded'. That was pretty funny. I'm still not a big fan of his, but at least I think the restraining order could be canceled.

Did anyone notice what he had on his right wrist? It looked like one of those wide rubber bands. I don't know if last night was the first time he wore it, or if I just didn't notice it before. I've heard of people wearing rubber bands to help stop bad habits, such as if you quit smoking, everytime you have the urge to smoke, you snap the rubber band, so that simply thinking of smoking brings on pain. Perhaps he was using it to break his affection for Rachel and that's why he was so blase about her?!?!?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Mike has creeped me out from day one, but what the show's hair stylist did to his 'do in the first hour's confessionals was just plain cruel. I actually jumped in fright when I first saw it. *shudder*
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Uh.....I thought Mike was hot
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Revising my opinon of Mike . . .

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I have to admit, he redeemed himself a little last night in my eyes. He seemed a softer, gentler Mike. To think that he'd be the somewhat lighthearted one of the group would never have crossed my mind. Actually loved his comment about being 'relationship retarded'. That was pretty funny. I'm still not a big fan of his, but at least I think the restraining order could be canceled.

Did anyone notice what he had on his right wrist? It looked like one of those wide rubber bands. I don't know if last night was the first time he wore it, or if I just didn't notice it before. I've heard of people wearing rubber bands to help stop bad habits, such as if you quit smoking, everytime you have the urge to smoke, you snap the rubber band, so that simply thinking of smoking brings on pain. Perhaps he was using it to break his affection for Rachel and that's why he was so blase about her?!?!?

I have to say that despite my earlier comments about Mike being a stalker-in-training, he grew on me a lot after the group was down to the final 4. My final take on him, now that this whole thing is over is that he's a very intense person--cares intensely, and also has the potential to hate intensely, perhaps. I think if you make a friend of Mike, he'd be your friend for life. Likewise, if you piss Mike off, he might be your enemy for life, too.

MIKE: "I'm 27 years old & have never had a working relationship, so what do I know? I'm relationship-retarded!"

This statement disturbed me a little but disarmed me at the same time. I do get a vision of a guy in his basement pasting together love letters out of tabloid magazines a tiny bit with the first part, but the last part was refreshingly candid and self-aware. I don't think real stalkers would have the guts to call themselves 'relationship-retarded' or even realize that their behavior was abnormal.

People have said that Mike seemed dumb. When he was one of the pack, I thought so too, but as we heard more of his conversation, it's evident that he's really very bright. OK, the fireside chat part wasn't so bright, but in the confessionals he exhibited quite a vocabulary & insight into his own character. I think that Mike was definitely brighter than any of the other final three guys, and I think he could whip their butts in an IQ test.

Mike seems very scrappy, like he had an unusual growing up. He's not in the usual 'pretty boy' mold of reality contestants, and seems like he might have had to rely on his own resources for amusement growing up, not on courting the opinion of others to base his popularity on. There seems to be stronger internal stuff in there than you usually find in guys who go on TV dating shows. At the same time, finding camaraderie with his housemates seemed to be more important to Mike than conniving his own agenda (ala Morgan & Caleb.)

These things I noticed about Mike, which impressed me:

During one of the eliminations, he was on the upper step and there was another guy below him--they were waiting for their names to be called--I forget if it was Dave or Caleb, but Mike put his hands on his shoulders, like, 'It'll be OK'. Since this guy was a rival, I thought that was a classy gesture.

After Jordan told Mike & Caleb that they'd be separated from that point on, they both stood up and Caleb went to walk out of the room and go about his business, and Mike pulled him back for a final hug. I thought that was pretty classy, too, especially since Caleb was not the warmest person in the house.
    Mike gets the honors for Mr. Congeniality of the house, for sure. He seemed to be determined to take something positive away from the experience, even if he didn't get the girl or the money.

And even in the beginning, when he informed us that he was an archery expert but he was deliberately throwing the contest to give his buddy Caleb time alone with Rachel . . .that points to a generous heart that was certainly not reciprocated, unfortunately. I wonder if, considering that Caleb was the last one standing, that Mike regrets throwing away that chance. Probably not . . .I don't think it's in his make-up.

Mike does need to practice smiling more, but on those rare occasions that he did smile, I thought he just lit up.

The woman who finally lands Mike will probably have a keeper--he woulda been wasted on Rachel.
    Last edited by hikari; 08-10-2004 at 03:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast