+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mike

Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory

Mikebert Mikebert?

Yipes! Jeremy Irons played Humbert Humbert in the most recent film version of Lolita. Now, every time I look at Mike I'll have not only closet Bond villain, but creepy, pretentious, obsessive European pedophile running through my thoughts.

Okay...maybe the first three adjectives aren't too far off!

Mike just gets scarier and scarier.

I think you're onto something. It's hard for me to picture Mike having a fairly standard upbringing. He did mention he did archery every summer from age 11-18. I can't think of a more pretentious sport. Maybe he went to boarding school (likewise, no offense to boarding schoolers)? It seems like he was missing a healthy dose of social interaction (particularly with females), otherwise he wouldn't be so sprung on Rachel so quickly. Mike clearly does not know how to have fun. Then again, neither does Rachel (unless you count getting to first base in 90 seconds). Come to think of it, they're a perfect match.
    Doesn't Mike look guy from The Village (now playing everywhere). Scarrrrrrrrrrrrry!

(click to enlarge)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MissPoison; 07-31-2004 at 01:40 AM.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    It wouldn’t surprise me to hear he’s up late at night in an underground darkroom piecing together cryptic love letters from magazine cutouts. How did this guy end up on this show? Did NBC conduct an open call for burgeoning stalkers?

Quote Originally Posted by addikted

I think you're onto something. It's hard for me to picture Mike having a fairly standard upbringing. He did mention he did archery every summer from age 11-18. I can't think of a more pretentious sport. Maybe he went to boarding school (likewise, no offense to boarding schoolers)? It seems like he was missing a healthy dose of social interaction (particularly with females), otherwise he wouldn't be so sprung on Rachel so quickly. Mike clearly does not know how to have fun. Then again, neither does Rachel (unless you count getting to first base in 90 seconds). Come to think of it, they're a perfect match.
    My, you guys are just precious. "No offense", but archery is a pretentious sport. "No offense", but boarding school boys lack social know-how. Sure, generalize all you want... as long as you put a "no offense" disclaimer in front, then it's okay...

Mike isn't the smiley type. He's no lovey-dovey puppy dog. He's the type to paint a rose growing out of concrete with a cityscape backdrop. He's the type to say of someone: "she encapsulates good intentions". He's very edgy, very unique, somewhat mysterious... where are you guys getting the "social dork" image from, exactly? Just because he's more reserved doesn't mean he gets along poorly with the dudes. And he certainly doesn't seem meek in front of Rachel... I doubt he's the type of guy starving for any and all female attention.

FORT Fanatic
    [QUOTE=divaexpatriate]My, you guys are just precious. "No offense", but archery is a pretentious sport. QUOTE]

"No Offense".....but those who claim that archery is a pretentious sport know absolutely nothing about the sport of archery. My son was an archer in college and he and his teammates are the farthest thing from pretentious that I've ever met

I for one could care less about his skills in archery and how he got them. He simply scares the hell out of me!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Newbie
    Mike reminds me of the actor Scott Bairstow. He played Neve Campbell's abusive boyfriend on Party of Five. And I think he got into some trouble off screen as well.

While watching this show last night, I found it kind of weird (& distracting) that Mike's cheeks were always RED. I couldn't figure out if he's got a sunburn or if he's just one of those people who always look red!? (blushing or not...)

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    While watching this show last night, I found it kind of weird (& distracting) that Mike's cheeks were always RED. I couldn't figure out if he's got a sunburn or if he's just one of those people who always look red!? (blushing or not...)
    i think he has naturally red cheeks, but last night it looked like he got sunburnt- maybe from his outdoors date with rachel?

Maybe his cheeks are red from all that pent-up anger he seems to be manifesting. I think they need to stop putting weapons in his hands: bows and arrows, lawn bowling balls, etc. He seems like he could snap at any time. I hope for Rachel's sake she stays on his good side.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast