+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mike

Mike has a total psycho vibe about him. He looks like the type who could become a stalker . . .gee, maybe he and Rachel ARE the best match! She's kinda like the female version of Mike. Zounds.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Mike is apparently not too bright, either. It cracked me up when Mike says in his voice over at the elmination "when Rachel says we have an obvious chemistry, I took that as a huge sign". Yeah. That couldn't be more of a "sign" than if she had hit him over the head with a hammer. What a dolt.
    Yeah!
    Rachel: "Mike, I really like you!"
    Mike: (wondering) ~"Hmmm, I wonder if that means she likes me...?"
    Me: (in Rachel's voice from the last show) "What an idiot!"

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    Yeah!
    Rachel: "Mike, I really like you!"
    Mike: (wondering) ~"Hmmm, I wonder if that means she likes me...?"
    Me: (in Rachel's voice from the last show) "What an idiot!"
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I totally agree with those of you who think Mike is creepy. The guy hasn’t even gone out on a one-on-one date with Rachel. How could he be so infatuated with her when he knows nothing about her? It wouldn’t surprise me to hear he’s up late at night in an underground darkroom piecing together cryptic love letters from magazine cutouts. How did this guy end up on this show? Did NBC conduct an open call for burgeoning stalkers? My gut says he was deliberately cast by NBC (not a plant, but someone easily seduced) to help create the illusion that Rachel is somehow desirable. I wonder what type of questions they asked him when they were casting, you know the standard…how long does it take for you to fall in love? do you find uncontrollable eye-rolling an attractive quality in a woman? ever camped out on a woman’s front lawn with night vision goggles?

I don't (of course!) know Mike personally, but it just seems to me that he's one of these negative people - who always look for the worst in every situation... a pessimist... He doesn't seem to ever smile and doesn't seem to have a sense of humor... Lighten up, Mike... it's only Rachel, and (for now anyway) it's only $250,000!!

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    I don't (of course!) know Mike personally, but it just seems to me that he's one of these negative people - who always look for the worst in every situation... a pessimist... He doesn't seem to ever smile and doesn't seem to have a sense of humor... Lighten up, Mike... it's only Rachel, and (for now anyway) it's only $250,000!!
    And once again Berries, we think alike. I agree, Mike is so morose and humorless, yet she is very attracted to him. Why? I don't even think he is all that good looking. In fact, of those left, I think he is the least attractive. Oh well, no accounting for taste.

FORT Newbie
    Does anyone else see a resemblance to the guy who played Angel on Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Quote Originally Posted by schooner78
    Does anyone else see a resemblance to the guy who played Angel on Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
    The actor you're thinking of is David Boreanaz.

And no, I don't think they look alike. He reminds me of one of the bad guys in, I think, Die Hard III though, but I don't know who.

Who's got the Bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9
    LOL - so scary that we had almost the same thought!
    I thought while watching him that he resembles "scary Kevin Bacon."
    You know - Kevin Bacon when he plays a creepy axe murderer.

My money is on him for the bunny boiler this season.

This is the first time I saw his photo--yes, he does resemble Kevin Bacon at this angle. Thing is, Kevin Bacon knows how to smile, which makes him such an effective baddie--he disarms you with the smile, then--BAM! He gets creepy again.

Mike is just unrelentingly glum & creepy. Maybe he was homeschooled as a youngster? (No offense to any homeschoolers here, but our boy doesn't seem to have been socialized much).

He also reminds me of a young Willem Dafoe--HE never smiles, either. Can anyone else see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    He reminds me of one of the bad guys in, I think, Die Hard III though, but I don't know who.
    You're thinking of Jeremy Irons, or should I say, Simon Gruber, the terrorist from Die Hard with a Vengeance. I see the resemblance too...the creepy facial expressions, hideous frosted tips, innocent hostages...oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    Mike is just unrelentingly glum & creepy. Maybe he was homeschooled as a youngster? (No offense to any homeschoolers here, but our boy doesn't seem to have been socialized much).
    I think you're onto something. It's hard for me to picture Mike having a fairly standard upbringing. He did mention he did archery every summer from age 11-18. I can't think of a more pretentious sport. Maybe he went to boarding school (likewise, no offense to boarding schoolers)? It seems like he was missing a healthy dose of social interaction (particularly with females), otherwise he wouldn't be so sprung on Rachel so quickly. Mike clearly does not know how to have fun. Then again, neither does Rachel (unless you count getting to first base in 90 seconds). Come to think of it, they're a perfect match.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast