+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rachel

Well, I am surprised. I had Rachel figured out to take the money and run. It's a mystery to me why she would have chosen Caleb over the money. She was so conniving and such a schemer that it was difficult for me to watch last night. Her snitty comments like, (I'm paraphrasing here) "I need him to fall for precious, little me", and then she laughs that evil laugh just creeped me out. Talk about putting a sour taste in someone's mouth. Ugh. She is a very unpleasant woman. I would love to know how Caleb feels now after seeing all her behind the scenes comments. Bleh. *heads off in search of mouth wash*
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Rachel

Rachel said she didn't have much money and chose Caleb because she was afraid to lose him should he be the love of her life.
    Really, how much do they know about each other and giving up the million dollars to find out in my book is not worth the risk.
    I would have said to Caleb, "I care for you very much but I don't know if it's lust or love," therefore, my choice is the money because if it doesn't work out, I have given up all that money.
    Once the show is over, it's back to reality and no fancy digs with all the trimmings because this time Caleb pays and he can dump her anytime he wants.
    A million is nothing to sneeze at and she blew it.

I'm curious how Caleb feels now after seeing Rachel on tv. The whole situation of her on that tour bus with Mike made me want to retch. It was horrifying to observe her performance with him and how artificial all her comments were to him. I hope she's embarrassed, but somehow I doubt it.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Either Rachel was body-snatched or we've been had!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Well, I am surprised. I had Rachel figured out to take the money and run. It's a mystery to me why she would have chosen Caleb over the money. She was so conniving and such a schemer that it was difficult for me to watch last night. Her snitty comments like, (I'm paraphrasing here) "I need him to fall for precious, little me", and then she laughs that evil laugh just creeped me out. Talk about putting a sour taste in someone's mouth. Ugh. She is a very unpleasant woman. I would love to know how Caleb feels now after seeing all her behind the scenes comments. Bleh. *heads off in search of mouth wash*

Well, I have to say that ending blew donkeys . . . Didn't Rachel tell us repeatedly & up to 5 minutes before the elimination that she was all about the money??? Then she turns around and trashes her dream of these last many many weeks & wads her precious million up in a ball. For a personality-free guy who doesn't even like to kiss her? Devotion to the person she'd been dissing this whole time sprung up within minutes--who knew???

Why, Caleb & Rachel make Alex & Amanda from Bachelor 1 almost look like twue wuve, and who thought that was possible?

I can only think of two explanations for the strange outcome & why Caleb & Rachel both completely contradicted themselves. (Hint: Neither of them involves actual caring about each other.)

1. They were both body-snatched by aliens posing as them.

Or

2. The ending was engineered by the producers, completely. I have learned an inevitable truth in reality-show programming: Contestants do not have free will, regardless of what the PimpHost might tell us. I think they created the situation in which the last man standing had $1, & at some point informed Caleb of his 'mystery' value. Face it, even a bad date being manhandled by Rachel is worth more than a dollar. It was a choice between Rachel & a scratch-off lottery ticket or a bottle of water, pretty much, for Caleb.

Rachel was no doubt promised some kind of photo shoot or gig in the TV business in exchange for wadding up her beloved check. That whole weepy confessional scene where she told us "This whole thing just sucks right now!" was not the sobs of a girl faced with breaking the heart of a true love--I think that just before the cameras rolled, the producers told Rachel that she WOULD be choosing the guy, and she could kiss her check buh-bye.

Maybe another girl could be swayed by the thought that public opinion of her as a money-grubbing 'ho, should she choose the money over the guy would hurt too much and negatively impact her ability to get work in show business (Can anyone say "Darva Conger"?). And such thoughts might persuade another girl to choose the guy out of a desire to be thought of as a 'nice' person. I don't think Rachel had any such qualms. They held a gun to her head, metaphorically speaking.

When Rachel & Caleb left the set and the camera honed in on their discarded checks, we saw that they had been smoothed out and laid out so we could read them. That was another tip-off that this outcome was rigged--If you were, in fact, choosing love over money & you wanted to show your sincerity in doing this, wouldn't you shred the check into tiny little bits & throw it in the air like confetti? That's what I'd do--utterly destroy the check.

They weren't allowed to do that--I'm sure their instructions were to ball up the checks & place them carefully back on the ring stand so we could read them later.

I look forward to reading the break-up feature in People magazine next week.

FORT Newbie
    I agree with alot of what you say, but there's one problem with your theory. No amount of TV gigs, etc will compensate one for a check of a million dollars.

Rachel's a very unstable girl, and the simple reality is that based on her having watched For Love or Money last year, she expected to be rewarded with money for making the right choice. She absolutely made the calculated choice of what she expected that America and the viewers wanted her to do thinking and with the knowledge of the outcome of FLOM2.

In her fit of flightiness, she too was not thinking clearly, and went with this calculated expectation. She did not decide based on love for Caleb. Her wavering and indecision was quite apparent when she made her decision.

Actually this was a Happy Ending for the Viewers. Rachel didn't get a million dollars. Caleb will leave this sad excuse for a woman who leads all the men on. Greedy Rachel had a once in a life time chance at a million dollars and blew it. And no this girl has no acting career. She has no talent, she's annoying, and while she is decent looking, she does not have hollywood caliber looks. Larissa and Malena are a thousand times better looking than this bag. It would be career suicide to associate yourself with this confused poor girl, Rachel.

I would hate to think what kind of conversation we (ahem.... you) would have if R took the million instead of Cal.

Well, if you take the long view that even a moderately successful career as an actress could net you a million dollars, that might have factored into Rachel's thinking.

A million dollars is an unthinkable amount of money for an ordinary working person, but the Friends cast got a million per episode, apiece. Even a less-successful show could net you a million bucks over a season or two. Rachel could probably get a book deal, or even get that sum for a spread in Playboy. (Darva Conger got that much, I believe). Maybe she's got her eyes on Kelly Ripa's job, who knows . . .if she's thinking that choosing the million in the short term would make her a pariah in Hollywood & she's better off going for the long odds, then I think that factored into how she chose.

Sure, it's unrealistic, but I think that show business, and reality shows in particular attract good-looking people whose dreams for the most part exceed their talent.
    Rachel is unbalanced, as you say, and no doubt is deluded enough to believe, after this little taste of celebrity, that a career in television or movies is going to fall into her hot little lap.

With her ego, she probably is convinced that she can recoup that million in no time, plus more.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    Sure, it's unrealistic, but I think that show business, and reality shows in particular attract good-looking people whose dreams for the most part exceed their talent.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

You all are so cynical, no one here but me thinks she really fell hard for Caleb and most o fi twas edited out?? C'mon you guys!! It's happened before...
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Sorry. I used to be sweet and innocent, but the older I get the more cynical and jaded I become. Having said that, I believed Trista/Ryan, Meredith/Ian, Erin/Chad, but Rachel......after all her talk, I just have a difficult time believing she's so taken by Caleb. I honestly think she was waiting for someone to come running from the sidelines with a suprise check in hand. I could be wrong, though. I've been wrong many times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast