+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by proudnewf
    I think that each of the remaining men has their own agenda for pursuing Rachel and I do not think it will be for a lasting relationship. I think they are all (men and Rachel) playing the "game" and will do whatever to be the winner. It's all about the money. As you can probably tell I am not too enthusiastic about this FLOM4...... but hey it has entertainment value if you look at it as strictly a contest and who can outsmart who to win.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. This is exactly how I am viewing the show. I can't even pretend to believe that anyone (with the possible exception of Psycho Mike) left has anything other than $ on their minds. I think Psycho Mike has "stalking", "death threats", "restraining order", "ownership", those kinds of things on his mind. I think Rachel needs to be looking over her shoulder for at least a few years, no matter how this thing ends. *shudder*
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by proudnewf
    I think that each of the remaining men has their own agenda for pursuing Rachel and I do not think it will be for a lasting relationship. I think they are all (men and Rachel) playing the "game" and will do whatever to be the winner. It's all about the money. .
    Yep, I agree with you on your assessment. There is no hint that any of the remaining men or Rachel are in this for anything than the chance at some big bucks. Definitely don't see anything akin to Erin and Chad...but then Erin was the so-called winner in FLOM1...she already had the mil. Rachel is still playing catchup. The entertainment is in watching Rachel get played again..
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

One thing I'm a little confused about... at the beginning of FLOM4 - did Jordan tell Rachel that she's "guaranteed" a million $$? I'm sure I heard him say that... So does that mean she gets her million even if the guy picks the money over her?

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    One thing I'm a little confused about... at the beginning of FLOM4 - did Jordan tell Rachel that she's "guaranteed" a million $$? I'm sure I heard him say that... So does that mean she gets her million even if the guy picks the money over her?
    Jordan told her (and Andrea) that her cheque was worth a million dollars. If the guy she chooses, chooses her over the money she will have a choice between her million dollar cheque or him. The value of the cheque is guaranteed, not whether she gets it.

Since it's obvious that she's going to take the cheque if she gets the chance the only question is, is the guy going to be suckered into choosing her over the money?

Ahhh... thanks for the explanation, DB! I kind of thought that's the way it would work, but I wasn't 100% sure...

The way the show is set up, it is unusual that anyone has decided on love rather than money. However, in the past, they have chosen people who were mature enough and romantic enough to seek love. Unfortunately, in this particular one, the chosen lead (Rachel) is so $ hungry she doesn't encourage a love connection. Then, on the other side, the men are also $ hungry and not attracted enough to Rachel to choose otherwise (she is no Erin). The exceptions could be dour Mike and cutie pie Dave. She is more attracted to Mike (why? - beats me!), so she could come up a winner. The show is not appealing to me, but I watch it because there is little else on.

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Unfortunately, in this particular one, the chosen lead (Rachel) is so $ hungry she doesn't encourage a love connection. Then, on the other side, the men are also $ hungry and not attracted enough to Rachel to choose otherwise (she is no Erin).
    You bring up a very good point in that maybe the guys aren't being encouraged to really try to get to know her, so everyone is focusing on the money. Rachel is not ugly, but she seems very ordinary to me. Add to that her blah personality, those atrocious table manners, and the fact that she doesn't seem to honestly feel anything for anybody (with the possible exception of Psycho Mike), and this whole season seems to tilt heavily to simply the money. Let's call it what it is........"For Love of Money"!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Let's call it what it is........"For Love of Money"!
    GOOD ONE, Rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Let's call it what it is........"For Love of Money"!
    Good one Roseskid.
    I am sure after last night that the 3 remaining are "game on" guys. They know how the game is played as I am sure it was discussed when they realized they were on FLOM after meeting the messenger of doom Jordan. Even Morgan who got the boot was betting that there would be a twist to increase his original $1 which his instinct in that regard was right, but he didn't play his cards right with how to convince Rachel he was enamoured with her. The remaining $1 men are probably betting on a twist to increase their checks. What have they got to lose? They came into this with nothing and even if they leave with $1, it means they win the game - the alternative choice (Rachel) cannot be considered a prize!! I am sure the final twist will be the same as the ending of FLOM3, the remaining 2 men will choose from 2 blank checks - one worth $1 and one worth $1 million - but they will not know the value.

Dave is a player as he does not speak very respectfully about Rachel (hmmm, I can't think of any reason why he would) to the others in the house. Caleb is into this game, as he realizes how quickly the check values can change. And Mike, what can be said about him, he knows how to stroke Rachel's ego. These three men have figured out that if they let Rachel be the agressor, then tune in to her affections and murmur the appropriate words they get to stay.

Rachel is so $$ focused that she is all over the map in trying to manipulate these guys. No, Rachel your acting gig is not guaranteed - you really should consider another line of work

uh huh...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast