+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rachel

I totally agree, muduh.

I didn't realize that I had begun to like her until I was worried that Andrea would win out in Flom4. Granted, I had begun to dislike Andrea alot towards the end of Flom3, but I think that Rachel is growing on me. I really disliked her most of Flom3 -- I was so annoyed when Preston chose her to stay for dinner over Rebekah. The editing was pretty unfair, I think. She really seems down-to-earth in the interviews. One clue to the editing process is that -- when asked directly her opinion on Rachel -- PJ only said that Rachel speaks her mind without thinking alot (other than the story of how Rachel talked about Andrea's check). IF PJ had said more, they would have shown it. But PJ detested Andrea. They edited Rachel that way so good would win over evil. Most of the really negative stuff came from Andrea.

Honestly, Rachel was right about the ludicrousy of choosing "love" over a million dollars -- when love is a few dates while the guy is dating a bunch of other girls. Which most of the Flom guys say openly, without much criticism. Plus, I liked how she spoke her mind to Preston when he didn't choose her.
    Last edited by kyrjar; 07-17-2004 at 11:54 PM.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    I also like Rachel despite myself. Andrea is such a dingaling. Rachel is manipulative and bitchy, yes, but she is interesting and honest and funny. I hope she wins the money, cause so far, all these guys seem like tools. I mean, could you get any MORE "sales" reps, for godsakes??

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar
    I totally agree, muduh.

I didn't realize that I had begun to like her until I was worried that Andrea would win out in Flom4. Granted, I had begun to dislike Andrea alot towards the end of Flom3, but I think that Rachel is growing on me. I really disliked her most of Flom3 -- I was so annoyed when Preston chose her to stay for dinner over Rebekah. The editing was pretty unfair, I think. She really seems down-to-earth in the interviews. One clue to the editing process is that -- when asked directly her opinion on Rachel -- PJ only said that Rachel speaks her mind without thinking alot (other than the story of how Rachel talked about Andrea's check). IF PJ had said more, they would have shown it.
    Actually, PJ did say more. Later, while they were snuggling, she told Preston that Rachel had said how stupid Andrea was to give up half of her money in order to know the value.

I don't know if this was strategy on PJ's part, or if it was just something that came out in the course of conversation (I kind of think it was the former), but this off-handed comment was one of the things that made Preston become suspicious of Rachel. Wasn't PJ also the one who told Preston that Rachel hadn't always trusted his motives?

I think PJ was a lot sneakier than she got credit for. When she undercut the other girls, she did it in an offhanded way in a conversation, and it didn't look like she was being mean. And while I'm on the subject, I thought it was hilarious that Rebekah was mad at Rachel for not sharing info about her dates (because Rebekah hates lying) when PJ was totally lying her buns off (and quite transparently, I thought), and Rebekah didn't seem to notice or mind.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    Actually, PJ did say more. Later, while they were snuggling, she told Preston that Rachel had said how stupid Andrea was to give up half of her money in order to know the value.
    That's what I meant about PJ commenting about Rachel's thoughts on Andrea's check. I guess it wasn't all that clear.

Anyway, kudos to Rachel for getting rid of Rudy and the wild animal. She looks and is portrayed better in Flom4, methinks.

One Step Shy of Sanity Where'smyMidol?'s Avatar
    I so cant wait to see if she takes the money
    Thank God for TiVo....

"It's Nothing Personal. It's just business..." - Donald Trump

I have a feeling she'll pick a guy (who she thinks will pick her...) and HE'LL pick the money!!

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    I have a feeling she'll pick a guy (who she thinks will pick her...) and HE'LL pick the money!!
    I couldnt agree more, you no how funny that would be, remember when preston didnt chose her and she started bickering and b!tching? itll be deja vu all over again
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    She's going to do her best to find out who has a $1 cheque because she knows it's extremely unlikely that the guy would pick a dollar over her, particularly if she's been coming onto him. Even if the guy doesn't think there is any chance at a long term relationship he's going to think there is a good chance that he'll get laid. Then she will take the million dollars and run.

I do this every time, I deleted last week's episode last night thinking I didn't need it anymore and now there is something I want to check. In the previews for this week's show wasn't there something about Rachel screwing up and giving away that she knows the guys are playing for money? With her obsession over the value of the guy's cheque's it doesn't surprise me that she gave something away... It will be interesting to see what twists the producers throw in to get her back for screwing up.

I'm looking forward to the guy (hopefully) taking the money and watching Rachel cry about how she really loved him and wasn't going to take the money and other BS -- just like last season. The best possible scenario would be the guy taking the money knowing it's only a buck -- "My cheque is only worth a single dollar, but I'd rather have that dollar then spend another minute with you"

It seems pretty obvious to me that Rachel will pick money over the guy if that is the option. She seems to be doing FLOM4 for the money alone. I don't think either of the girls were a good choice for this choice, but Rachel is better than Andrea. Andrea was too cold and calculating, but Rachel is such a ditz. I just can't see her being that attractive to that many men.

I'm sure they'll throw in a few more twists before too long... Just because a guy has $1.00 today doesn't mean that's what he'll have by tomorrow!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast