+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/14 recap: Sometimes a Girl Needs a Little Time Alone

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    THANX LUCY!! - Didn't get to watch the whole episode and your recap was hilarious and informative.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    The other 98 percent of us are lucky to choose between loveable middle-class accountants.

and we realize a shot of a hyperventilating girl usually means she has asthma, not that her heartís getting broken.

More Twists Than an Appalachian Highway

But remember, Aliís check is for $1 million. Surely Preston can connect with that.

My grandfather remarried at 81, and heís a firecracker. But címon. A date?

She might be cute now, but Iím thinking she wonít want to change your Depends in 50 years.

Theyíre not worth a lot of money.

Itís not like Rachel dropped that tidbit into a conversation about gardening.

She stays, and promises to try to stir things up. I guess she means, ďmore.Ē
    Insanely clever and witty!! I love your style, mi compadre!! I can't wait to start reading your take on Who Wants to Marry My dad!!! It's gold, baby, gold!!

I didn't have time to say it, but you did an excellent job the entire season of the Restaurant, too!! I love it!!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

You really are a good writer, Lucy! You should be getting PAID for it!!!!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Lucy, this may sound like a cop-out, but there was so much hilarity in this recap that I can't decide WHAT to quote. The entire thing was just terrific!

Okay, I'll post one.
    Then again, I usually need them to give me a boost into the cab of their truck. So, you know, they have to get out anyway.

Great job, Lucy! Much laugh-out-loud hilarity and wit. Though, I bet you're glad you don't have to do the whole season of this show, huh?

I donít think Bob and Kay would approve, really.
    For some reason, I thought that was hilarious.

Loved the recap Lucy. Please come back and do another before the end of the season. Please, please, please!!!

I wasn't able to see the show this week but that was a great recap! Thanks!

Great job, Lucy! I laughed all the way through. I loved the intro especially. Here are some of my other favorites:

Quote Originally Posted by lucy
    but weíre all old hands at this, and we realize a shot of a hyperventilating girl usually means she has asthma, not that her heartís getting broken.

. Although those attempting to caress my thigh will be quickly given the smackdown. Unless you do it well.

More Twists Than an Appalachian Highway

And if Iím driving, I take the curves fast. Because Iím a mountain girl, and I like to show off. Men love a girl who can gun a stick shift past a coal truck on a hairpin curve. Donít they?)

The women are floored. Because usually, these dating shows play straight, right? You know, it no longer surprises me that they can find people willing to be one of 20 trying to win a man on TV. What surprises me is that they can find people who seem to have no clue how these shows work.

With the reindeer games over with,
    I donít know whose bright idea this was. But their date is Ė at a retirement home. During the 62nd wedding anniversary party for Bob and Kay, who are known to neither Preston nor Rachel. Now, I like old people. My grandfather remarried at 81, and heís a firecracker. But címon. A date? With unknown senior citizens? Who are trying to give advice for a successful relationship? This is cheating. You know the producers were just hoping Rachel would snurl up her nose at the whole thing, thus making herself look stupid and making good TV. It was a good try.
    YOu are kidding me.

She might be cute now, but Iím thinking she wonít want to change your Depends in 50 years.

He tells us, ďif she wants the chance to win, she should throw herself out there a little bit more.Ē In other words, make out or get kicked out. Gee, heís a real gem, isnít he? Such a gentleman.

More likely, something actually catches on fire. Hm, someoneís vibrator, maybe?

]
    You can sit at my table anytime, Lucy. Great job!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

We don't get the show here but great recap Lucy.

FORT Fogey
    Lucy, you are such a wonderful writer... I love your recaps

great job as always

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast