+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do These People Know The Concept Of The Show?

Do These People Know The Concept Of The Show?

I may be missing something but, Preston keeps saying that he may keep women who have a million dollar check because they are worth that amount of money. He went on to say that was upset that the people he had a connection with weren't worth so much.

So my question is, do these people know that they are going to have to choose between Love & Money at the end?

All the women do. Most of them seemed to have an existing familiarity with the show--which opens up the possibility that one or more of them might have figured out pre-show that the "cover" show they were auditioning for was really FLOM. In other words, some may have come on with strong suspicions that it might be about money. Others may have come on in hopes of becoming famous (assuming this would be like "The Bachelor" where they could get modeling/spokesperson work afterwards, which is just as bad. A percentage may have even come on for the stated reason--"love".

Preston, supposedly, didn't really know what FLOM was when he met the Host. It was explained to him then. He may not know the twists and turns, or may in fact have been informed that the twists may make anything possible (for example despite what's been implied up till now I don't think it's exactly been determined who gets to make the ultimate love/money choice, or if both do what order it happens in). His most likely motive, I suppose, is hunger for fame or just a more generic ego driven need to be on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I may be missing something but, Preston keeps saying that he may keep women who have a million dollar check because they are worth that amount of money. He went on to say that was upset that the people he had a connection with weren't worth so much.

So my question is, do these people know that they are going to have to choose between Love & Money at the end?
    I kinda asked that question a while back, aiwannabe... and the answer is that on the first episode, Jordan told him if he gets the woman to pick him, then HE gets the money... so I think that's why he's trying to pick women who have the big bucks...

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    I kinda asked that question a while back, aiwannabe... and the answer is that on the first episode, Jordan told him if he gets the woman to pick him, then HE gets the money... so I think that's why he's trying to pick women who have the big bucks...
    Really, I guess I missed that. Thanks!

, he knows, I guess he is hoping he can woo them w/ his wooing skills and get their $$ in the end. heh, good luck, buddy...
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    Then why keep Rachel.
    Love like you never been hurt
    Work like you dont need the money
    Dance like no ones watching

Quote Originally Posted by Daisey41
    Then why keep Rachel.
    I think because he really likes her and is mostly on the show for finding love, not money. I don't get the impression that he is really concerned about the money, because if he did, he would have kept the million dollar gals. I think his intentions are sincere.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisey41
    Then why keep Rachel.

Hell, I just thought because whenever he'd see her his little man would jump for joy!

+ Reply to Thread