+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 6/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    For once, I want to see the villian win. That would be a real twist.
    I don't think Rachel is the villain. Andrea is far more villainous--making clear in confessionals that she's just in it for the money. Rachel seems to really like him. Regardless of her relationship with the other girls, and especially with Andrea, if Rachel really likes him, she can't be the bad one.

I think Rachel started out pretending to like Preston, but from the previews, it looks like she convinced herself that she does like him!

I'm so happy that Ali survived this week. I thought she was a goner. She's my obvious favorite, but I don't see her lasting as long as the girls that fawn all over him (Rebekah, Rachel). Like Preston, I am impressed by Ali's class.

I thought Rachel was gunning for attention with the table discussion. I don't think there's been one sincere moment from her...in the confessionals, in the senior citizen's home, with Preston. I question Andrea's sincerity as well, but she doesn't annoy me as much as Rachel. I want to see Andrea "STIR IT UP!"

Preston shouldn't have been all over PJ like that. The more flirtatious women would dig that, but not PJ. She's the quiet threat...meeting Preston five minutes early for the first group date, playing it cool until she got alone time. I don't know how to read Rebekah, but so far I like her.

I was laughing a lot during this episode. When they said that Rachel and Preston "were falling in love"...when Rachel called PJ's 50 K a measly check...

Maybe it won't come down to two blondes after all!! Yeah!!!
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I don't think Rachel is the villain. Andrea is far more villainous--making clear in confessionals that she's just in it for the money. Rachel seems to really like him. Regardless of her relationship with the other girls, and especially with Andrea, if Rachel really likes him, she can't be the bad one.
    Actually, I think you might be on to something. Editing has her made her out to look like the "bad one" but with another twist coming our way...Andrea could very well be the "villain." I just remember the first previews of the show..."RACHEL." Going into this show, I was assuming she was the "Trisha."

overthetop and WomynLee, I think u both may be right about Andrea. She now seems to be a bigger villian in all of this more than Rachel. Rachel seems to be softening up more towards Preston and liking him whereas Andrea is proving to be a troublemaker from now on.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Well, I was glad to see the back of Jamie. Now if Andrea goes next, and then Rachel, all will be right with the world.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Wow. I'm starting to root for Rachel. I've always hated cliques, so Rachel, like Trish, has my full support
    This is the thing--Rachel ain't Trish. Sure there's the similarity that neither gets or partipates in Girl Group Dynamics 101. Neither liked the pack mentality.

But Trish was essentially disingenuous with everyone. Unpleasant, arrogant, slightly crazy...

Rachel is SO obvious--with her uncontrollable eye rolling and the frequent sneering--that it comes off as more genuine. And you get the occasional flash of decency from her. She DOES feel bad about lying to the guy. She'd do it for money if he was a jerk, and she'll gladly label the other women as idiots, but she apparently DID come on the show with an open mind.

Of course we have NO idea how strongly the women may or may not have suspected they were auditioning for FLOM before the show came on. I'm not sure they'll ever tell us. They didn't seem that surprised to see the annoying host, but then again, the "comments" they aired when they first met him were really vetted. My point is that it's at least possible that Rachel came on the show for love, but would easily settle for money if the sham of a romance possible in this format didn't deliver. Andrea is surfing the same wave as Rachel, but she's just more phony about it.

Maybe they're making Andrea more evil now so we don't hate Rachel if indeed he chooses her in the end and she goes for the whole buck they're willing to give her?? I mean it's important to them that we like the next person, and since there is a FLOM right after this one, it's entirely possible that Rachel and her 1$ get it. They've also been focusing the most on her, she's pretty important to them and the show as of the last eppi.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

As I was watching my tape of this show, I couldn't help but think:
    Most of these women wouldn't give him the time of day in real life. Take away the cameras and the competition and our bachelor would have a much smaller pool of ladies to choose from.
    Rachel: $1 check. Says it all. Hope she wins.
    Andrea: Tired of her already. Begone!
    And the Rest: seem okay, whatever. lol
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Rachel really needs to get that eye-rolling problem treated.
    Missed this last episode -- out of town

Is Rachel as good at eye-rolling as Shii Ann from Survivor All Stars? SHE is the QUEEN! I have a pretty good handle on it myself, so I admire others who have it mastered, and Shii Ann even has the slow-motion eye-roll -- very difficult to execute!! If eye-rolling were in the Olympics, she'd win Gold!!!!! :

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast