+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 6/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Rachel really needs to get that eye-rolling problem treated.

In regards to PJ keeping the $50,000.00, I think that was really smart on her part. Since she is not there for money and she knows that Preston is aware of their worth, this will let her know that if Preston keeps her around, it is because of her, not the money.

Sorry for the run on sentence but I am in a rush!

Hoofah. Andrea is like Rachel, only smarter and with better control of her facial muscles.

Rachel may be an idiot in some ways, but she was definely dead-on in her hug analysis. Press-On is attracted to Rebekkah.

Although man... Rachel is SO transparent in so many other ways. Yes, she's realized that the others hating her may not make a big difference in this show, but still...

I'm at the commercial break where they say "Preston makes a shocking decision". Yeah... it's pretty obvious what that's going to be with only a single $1 mil check left.
    Last edited by Krom; 06-15-2004 at 01:42 AM.

Heh, the Bob & Kay sequence was cute. And it shows how Rachel's $1 check is really HELPING her advance in Preston's eyes now. He thinks she's genuine because he thinks she has no other reason for being there--since she's only "got" $1. So this feeds her own delusion that she's "worth" a lot, because he's treating her decently. One lie is feeding another, and it's hilarious because of that. It's like the idea that she may be acting like she is because she THINKS her check is big doesn't even occur to him. And in turn, it's like the idea that HE could be treating her well because her check is SMALL never occurs to HER.

Okay, I have to admit to a small turning point with Rachel relative to the dinner table conversation. So she masturbates? Wow. News flash. Admittedly a dinner table isn't an appropriate place for that talk, but the fake outrage at the table was just over-the-top. People do that, you idiots. And Andrea being the angriest one shows she's every bit as fake as Rachel. Maybe moreso--sometimes Rachel is SO obvious it's actually refreshing.

The PJ date was kind of boring. Okay, she's pure. We get it. And then the slimebag tries to get some action off of her and is put off when she doesn't want it? She's not really smart enough to use her "knowledge" of her check to her advantage, although I agree she's pretty genuine.

Rebekkah is the one I'm coming off liking the most. She'd accept love, but isn't foolishly naive. She can easily get her heart broken, and she's one of the few you'd hate to see that happen with.

Interesting how towards the end, Andrea is really coming off as the annoying "digger", and Rachel is coming off as so "obvious" that it almost wraps back around to honesty. She'd be playing the same game for romance OR money, I think--she's just hypercompetitive. So what? She also doesn't like standard annoying "group girl dynamics"? Again, so what? Trish on the Bachelor hated the girl dynamics, but she was also dishonest. Rachel of course is lying too, as part of the game, but is at least seemingly being consistent and true to herself.

Ali: it's tempting to think he likes her just for the money, but she really IS better than some of the others. My top three now are Rebekkah, Ali and Rachel--in that order.
    Last edited by Krom; 06-15-2004 at 02:01 AM.

I'm glad I don't like Preston at all, so far anyway, so I really hope the ending is what some would call 'messed up'; I hope whichever girl wins takes the money, and all the better if it's Rachel for a buck....now I bet that would be entertaining!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Except that, in some ways, I'm actually starting to respect Rachel--at least in contrast to the "pack" mentality of most of the others. I mean Andrea is a SERIOUS drama queen and a digger. Rachel's problem is more that she wears her emotions on her face--with those grotesque eye bulging moments, big smirks, etc.

Another satisying ending might be for him to go for the $1 million girl and have her walk with the money. I'm not sure I'd blame her.

If they are going for the "love" ending they were really positioning PJ for that, but she's boring as hell. Rebekkah at least is more interesting, and has the advantage of the $1 thing (at least for now).

I'm glad Ali is stickin around. She is still my favourite. I knew it was a matter of time before Rachel and Andrea went at it. I love seeing Rachel talk about the money while knowing she only has $1. Hopefully Preston drops her next week as well as Andrea so my favourite 3 girls stick around longer.

On the Rachel vs Andrea battle, I see where they're both coming from, but I don't like either (and what Preston sees in either is beyond me). Andrea's response to the masturbation comment I just found to be typical of these pristine, refinement school types that we see on these shows. But she did have a valid point that Rachel resorts to making controversial statements cause she needs to be the center of attention. I like that Rachel is willing to go against the grain, but she is trying to make typical girlfriend chatter with women she admits aren't her friends....so she is like Trish in the sense that once she was outcasted, she just tried to push everyone's buttons. Making comments like that on national TV can be read as being honest, but moreso just screams out "BROADCAST ME! PLEASE! I HAVE NO SHAME!" I don't really have a favorite, but from what I've seen, I like Ali (wish she got more airtime) and PJ. They seem like the two most "real" of the bunch. If I had to pick one, it'd be Ali....PJ is nice, but too much of the sheltered daddy's girl type. Seems like they're setting her up to be the Paige of this installment. My gut says she's in the finale versus bad girl Rachel.

I missed last week's episode, but this show seems pretty lame this time around. Preston is blander and more milquetoast than a younger Donny Osmond and I thought that was impossible. Andrea's attack on Rachel for her comment about masturbation, was way over the top, relax girl, the bleach is getting to your brain. PJ, seems nice and sensible, but I don't think she's really into Preston, and I wish the girls on these shows wouldn't say O mY God, O my God O my God, so often, like PJ did when walking into the auditorium or whatever it was, it's so valley girl. Ali didn't get much screen time so I have no opinion, but she does sort of remind me of Phoebe Cates. This show made me really miss Trish, at least she was fun to watch.

I look forward to next weeks show. I am very curious about the "steamy' date they previewed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast