+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rachel

glitters
    I suspect that many of them are wannabe-actresses-models...and 15 minute seekers.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar

Rachel in the Media

'For Love or Money' leaves Chicagoan down but not out

July 6, 2004

BY KATE N. GROSSMAN Staff Reporter

Rachel Veltri, Chicago's very own bad girl, got the boot on Monday night's finale of NBC's "For Love or Money."

But she may end up getting the last laugh.

Preston Mercer rejected her on the reality TV show in favor of P.J. Spillman, a sweet-as-can-be media buyer from Texas.

But afterward, it was revealed that Veltri, a 26-year-old flight attendant, was picked to star in the show's next round.

In it, she competes against another woman for a chance to winnow down a group of 15 men.

If she can persuade the final man to pick her, she chooses between his love and $1 million.

In the first show, 16 women competed to win Mercer's heart. Each was assigned a mystery check worth as much as a $1 million or as little as $1. At the end, Mercer picked Spillman and then she chose him over her mystery check.

Then the choice was his -- he could take the check or the girl. He picked Spillman and they left arm-in-arm.

Veltri, cast as "the girl who will do anything to win," says she was really in it to find love.

"I was really going to pick him. They didn't show it but I had real feelings for him," Veltri said from her mother's home in Elk Grove Village after the show aired Monday. "They cast me as the evil character. The evil character can't be a real person, can't have a heart."

If Mercer had picked her, she would have given up her check--ultimately worth $1 million -- to be with him, she said.

She says she knows now that Mercer chose the right girl: "They're a better fit. I wasn't sure of that at time but she was the right choice."

She said she was initially crushed when Mercer, a 25-year-old mortgage broker from Denver, didn't choose her.

"Honestly, at the beginning of the show, I was in it for the money -- it's a guy you barely know, why wouldn't you?" she said. "But if it's the right match for you, you develop feelings. I said all along love is more important. By the end I really was going to choose him over the money."

The aspiring actress recovered enough that night to accept an offer to do the show again.

"When they offered me the chance to do it again I said 'why not, my head is already messed up enough,' " Veltri said.

She already has people stopping her in airplane aisles for her autograph. "I thought people would be throwing food at me and saying I was evil," Veltri said.

"But they said I was so sweet, not like that at all."

http://www.suntimes.com/output/telev...vemoney06.html
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Rachel TV Guide interview 7/5/04

Money Honey Kisses and Tells
    by Ben Katner

Rachel

Rule No. 1 of reality-TV dating games: The guy is always going to be a sucker for the girl whom all the other girls hate. Rule No. 2: TV Guide Online is always going to want to dish the dirt with that girl! (Nice chicks may finish first, but they're less likely to gossip than a mime.) And so, gentle readers, it is with great pleasure that we now present our titillating tete-a-tete with For Love or Money mischief-maker Rachel (who, in keeping with her vixenish screen persona, phoned us two hours late!). Our money is on this endearingly forthright 26-year-old flight attendant to emerge from tonight's season finale (9 pm/ET on NBC) with both a huge payday and a big buck by the name of Preston.

TV Guide Online: How do you feel about being portrayed as "the villainess" of the show?
    Rachel: Terrible. Honestly, I'm just really, really upfront, and I just spoke my mind. I really didn't think it was possible for them to make me look as bad as they did! I just thought, "Hey, you know, at least I look intelligent." But it kind of took a different spin when I saw the editing process in action.

TVGO: I never thought you were so bad. You were fun!
    Rachel: Well, that's good. At least I have one fan! I keep saying that I'm afraid people are going to start throwing fruit at me on the airplane [when I'm working]. I'm just waiting for it to happen!

TVGO: From the beginning, it appeared you guys didn't even know what show you'd signed up for.
    Rachel: Right. It was supposed to be called Adventures in Love, but we got there, and they were, like, "Oh, you girls came here looking for love, but you're going to get much more, because you're on For Love or Money!" I was like, "Flawless! This could work!"

TVGO: That's a win-win situation if ever there was one.
    Rachel: Exactly. I thought I was going to be on Average Joe or something. When I heard For Love or Money, I was like, "Whooey! This is good!"

TVGO: It was obvious from that moment maybe to everyone but Andrea that you were in shock from the silliness of it all.
    Rachel: Exactly. It's ridiculous. I mean, you haven't even met the guy at that point, and then, even after you meet him, it's like, "Well, I don't really know him that well, and how many times in my life am I going to be offered a chance at $1 million? And there are how many other men in the world? Let me see..."

TVGO: So were you really falling for Preston or just trying to convince yourself that you were?
    Rachel: I had a great time with him. I don't think that anybody can fake a connection that well. There has to be something there on both sides in order for you to click. So I definitely enjoyed hanging out with him. Being in that house with so much drama, I was relieved to get out and go have fun with somebody that... [Pauses] I was just happy to get out of that house! And you heard me on the show obviously, I needed to get out of that house and be with a man for other reasons, too! [Laughs]

TVGO: Good God! Those girls crucified you for admitting that. I didn't realize that they'd cast the whole show with Puritanical virgins.
    Rachel: [Sarcastic] Oh, right!

TVGO: Was it a strategy to make out with Preston as much as possible so that you couldn't get caught in a lie?
    Rachel: [Laughs] You know what? I just think that I really like making out! And I always had a great time making out with him! I don't know. I had a great time with him like I said, but I think because I was playing a game, it was also like... How did I say it? Oh, I said, "Hey, I'm a professional seductress." And I think it was working quite well!

TVGO: Amen! How do you think viewers will react to the ending?
    Rachel: I think they're going to be surprised.

TVGO: Were you?
    Rachel: I was, yeah!

TVGO: I won't ask if you were happy with the outcome, but were you satisfied with your overall experience?
    Rachel: Yeah. Given the opportunity to do it again, I would. I just wish I had been better prepared for the editing process. Other than that, it was great. And I think that every experience you go through, you learn something from.

TVGO: What did you learn, then and be careful what you say!
    Rachel: [Laughs] Oh, I still say too much, anyway! You know what I learned, honestly? I kind of knew this anyway, but I like me! Even when I watch the show and I know how they're editing it, I still think it's funny, half the stuff I say. I'm like, "Whatever! That's just me!" If people don't like it or can't see the entertainment value, then forget it; they're probably not people for me, anyway. Another thing is, I used to think, "Where do they find these freaks [on all these reality shows]?" Now, I'm like, "Oh, I see they don't find them, they turn them into freaks!"

http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/040705a.asp
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Rachel's profile at her agency...she looks much better in these photos, but they've probably been enhanced to perfection.

http://www.patricktalent.com/rachel_veltri.html

Size three? Damn her, now I'm not sure I want her to win the million
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I didn't notice that it said she was a size 3...hmmmm televsion must now add 25 lbs instead of the 10 you always hear about. She looks more like about a size 7 on tv. Especially when she did that belly flop onto the bed after getting dumped.

Thanks for all the sleuthing work, Bamanda!! Good Job!

I was just happy to get out of that house! And you heard me on the show obviously, I needed to get out of that house and be with a man for other reasons, too!
    Meaning what? She slept with him? Ewwww.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Her measuements hardly sound like a size 3. I have to agree with AmandaFabulous, she looks more like about a seven.
    34-24-34 does that add up to size 3?

At Land's End (which uses a fairly standard sizing system) 24 waist and 34 hips is a size 2. So if the measurements on that page are correct then a size 3-4 should fit Rachel with plenty of spare room. I think she doesn't look thin like most models because she isn't as tall as they are. I also know that if you shop in really expensive stores, one of the benefits is that you can always wear a size or two smaller than you do at a midrange shop.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread