+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rachel

FORT Fogey
    Personally I like Rachel because I watch this show to be entertained and she brings alot to the show. Im not looking at it to watch a love story unfold. Im looking at it for laughs and pure entertainment and she is hilarious. I only watch the dating shows where the women are picking to watch a love story unfold. When it's the guy picking I already know they probably wont stay together anyways. I think Preston is hot but I dont think he is every woman's dream. He did keep Ali around alot longer than he had to because of how much she was worth. Rachel especially cracked me up last night when she called Andrea an idiot for losing 50 percent of her check to know what its worth. Andrea is truly an idiot for doing that and Preston is truly an idiot for thinking that Andrea must be there for the money just because she wanted to know how much it was. He's playing the game just like they are and just because she wanted to know doesnt make her there just for money. I'd love to see Rachel in the final two. That girl cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81
    I'd love to see Rachel in the final two. That girl cracks me up.
    I like Rachel too. She was hysterical last night with her pouting and hyper-reacting to each date. I love how she gets under the other girls skin without bullying. They all think she's just too emotionally wrapped up in this. The editing of last night's show made her look a little wishy-washy with her back and forth on the I'm too emotionally involved I'm in it for love to I'm here for the money it's not worth the emotional toll it's taking on me.

This girl is so caught up in the production of this train wreck she doesn't realize she doesn't stand an ice cubes chance on satan's lap.

Quote Originally Posted by adm
    This woman is NOT 26. Sorry.

I don't expect her to melt down. She's clearly in control of her emotions.
    Did we watch the same show last night? She really played herself last night. She's too concerned about the other ladies and I think she has a alot of nerve to ask or to be amazed that he chose the other girls over her. "Why did he choose her, she's clearly blah, blah, blah." Shut up already! INSECURE and CONFUSED

I don't think Rachel is rolling on all 8 cylinders...I think she is wacked.

Quote Originally Posted by budsvtec
    She's just so self-absorbed that she can't fathom the thought of this actually being a game. She wants the dude AND the money.

Quote Originally Posted by budsvtec

Must be all those "mile high club" flights she's been privy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Unlike Ms. Kozer, she hasn't given any indication yet of being ready to go into the woods and make slurpy sounds.
    Those sounds were post-production edits--and rather cheesy. There were a couple of articles about it in the British press when she participated in a recent UK reality TV program that included "stars" of UK reality shows. JM was rebroadcast in the UK and was moderately popular.

If we keep Rachel's assigned show role as Conniving House Wench/Resident Drama Manufacturer in mind, her little drama fits and eye rolls are easier to take. What I've always wondered about reality shows is--they get a polarizing personality in the bunch, like a David Daskal or a Trish, and now Rachel--Rachel is the David Daskal of this program. Though that's a slam to poor David who was always quirky, but compared to Rachel, he was a poster child for mental health. Forget that--let's say she's the MoJo (of Joe Millionaire fame) of this program. Not quite as polished as the other candidates, with very awkward style, but obviously thinking she's all that and more. They both have a big mouth & big egos that make them the contestant everyone loves to hate.

Anyway, my wondering has to do with the 'casting' of these personalities. I think it's obvious that they look for certain 'types' to interact off each other, because that's what makes for good TV. But do they just let the cameras roll and let these 'types' be themselves? Or, more likely, are these aspiring actors and actresses given coaching and TOLD how to behave for the camera. "Okay, Rachel, next you are going to jump up from the table and storm off in a snit." Or "Girls, we want some sexy talk now--Rebekah, you introduce the subject of herbal sex pills, and Rachel, you jump in with your 'Can't Get No (Self) Satisfaction, okay?"

Some of the behavior exhibited by Rachel is not that of a mentally balanced woman. But is she willfully ACTING nutso in the hopes of getting acting work later out of this? As we all know, Bad Girls are way more interesting to watch than Good Girls, any day.

Those eye rolls and grimaces are something. If she's not just clowing around hoping for Debra Messing's job, then I'd say she's a candidate for admission to an inpatient mental facility. But then--isn't that what the producers WANT us to think about Rachel? It begs the question--do the girls know in advance how they are being portrayed? If Rachel's not under instructions to play nutso, then I'd say she'd better never tackle poker, 'cause her face gives everything away.

When she's around Preston and not around the other girls, she is capable of looking quite attractive, in a natural way. Though--she does need to prune those eyebrows down. However, standing side-by-side with the other girls, she at times appears homely as well as insane. Kind of like physically she's out of the other girls' league, and lacking a certain something in her style. Perhaps because she's accustomed to wearing her little air hostess uniforms?

The vision of Rachel looming over me with a pot of hot coffee, rolling those eyes at me as I'm helplessly strapped in at 20, 000 feet is nightmare-inducing! "What? You want more COFFEE? I'll give you more COFFEE . . ."

If Rachel gets booted, as she must, eventually, I shudder to think how she's going to take it. Maybe Preston ought to have a bodyguard at that Elimination Night . . .

PS . . .

Maybe I ought to have said that Rachel is the 'Heidi' of FLOM, come to think of it.

Rachel - In Touch Magazine - June 28th

Rachel - In Touch Magazine - June 28th

+ Reply to Thread