+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: How the game has changed

How the game has changed

I like the change this season with the dollar values to keep it interesting. They could have played the game the same way as last season though ... it didn't seem like Preston was familiar with the show or the host.

Is it just me, or does it seem entirely plausible that the producers picked which girl would be worth which check after seeing what their personalities are like? It seems to me those that are playing the hardest aren't worth $1,000,000.00

Also I love that during the confessionals, the girl's dollar value is noted under her name. Love that.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I like the twist with the dollar values as well. Keeps it interesting to watch each girl's interactions with him now that he knows about that aspect of the game. It should be even more interesting next week when they get to see/switch values among themselves.

I also agree that the girl's values seemed hand picked by the producers based on looks/personality....at least for some, as if they expected Preston to immediately ditch the girl (based on her looks or personality) before he knew she was worth $1 mil as if there was no way he would pick this person....

The hype about Rebecca being the "most hated girl" is overblown...sure, she's an extroverted gold digger and a lot of the other girls don't seem to like her, but she doesn't hold a candle to Trish. No one will ever compare to Trish.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I love the twist that they put in this season! It makes the whole game much more exciting!!! This could get really good!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    My husband and I agreed that it was fun to watch the clips of the girls talking, with the price tag right under their name. I like this show because it doesn't pretend to be serious, like the Bachelor...it's snarky and it knows it.

the show is totally snarky.

Also the fact that they go down to 6 girls in the first episode shows that we don't have to place much emphasis on romance or people "making a connection." It's all about the mind games.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by realitynut

Also the fact that they go down to 6 girls in the first episode shows that we don't have to place much emphasis on romance or people "making a connection." It's all about the mind games.
    I so agree!! My main problem with some of these other reality shows lately is how much they try to pretend to be something we all know they are not. Come on. We know that most of these people on these shows are manipulating the circumstances just to win the "game", either for their own career in acting or to hook up with a rich guy or whatever else motivates them. Sure, we like to watch for the chance of love, but I think most of us know that these shows are less about that than the manipulations and the snarkiness.

So I just think these shows should go ahead and be up front about it like they are on FLOM. It's all the pretending of instant love and romance and pure intentions on shows like the Bachelor that really gets me ticked off. I mean, I like a little fairy tale romance, but let's not go over the top with it. We all KNOW that six months after each Bachelor proposal, the ring ends up on ebay, so really, give our intelligence a LITTLE more credit in the editing, right? That's what I like about this show - as you said realitynut, they're all about the mindgames, which is really why people watch shows like this and Survivor in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by realitynut

I couldn't believe they went down to 6 girls on the FIRST episode!! What's up with that? Also, didn't they start with less women than usual? It just seems like this whole series is going to be VERY short! I thought it would be on for at least most of the summer... but unless they don't eliminate girls each week, it's going to be over in 5 weeks!

adm
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    The hype about Rebecca being the "most hated girl" is overblown...sure, she's an extroverted gold digger and a lot of the other girls don't seem to like her, but she doesn't hold a candle to Trish. No one will ever compare to Trish.
    Do you mean Rachel? If so, the thing that gets me about Rachel is how QUICKLY she gave up any thought of actually liking this guy. Supposedly, these GALS (not my word) came into the show not knowing that money was at stake. If she'd ended up on just your normal run-of-the-mill dating show, don't you think Rachel would have competed and pretended she was in it for the guy, maybe even convinced herself that she liked him? Here, she's already like "let's get this over with quick so I don't have to pretend to like him too much."

Personally, I think Rachel is just one of those people who like to WIN, and she actually enjoys being abrasive and playing by the "All's fair in love and war" mantra, especially if it gets her more camera time. Much like, ah yes, Trish, who would have done exactly what Rachel is doing if given the chance. In both cases, they ultimately just want to steal the show.

Quote Originally Posted by adm
    Personally, I think Rachel is just one of those people who like to WIN, and she actually enjoys being abrasive and playing by the "All's fair in love and war" mantra, especially if it gets her more camera time. Much like, ah yes, Trish, who would have done exactly what Rachel is doing if given the chance. In both cases, they ultimately just want to steal the show.
    You're right about the camera time. I think he's on to her though.

I don't mind him knowing about the hidden agenda, I just like that he knows how much each girl is "worth".

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by adm
    the thing that gets me about Rachel is how QUICKLY she gave up any thought of actually liking this guy
    Not that unusual IMO. Frequently, you'll know on sight whether you like someone or are attracted to them. Obviously, she wasn't or she sensed that he was more attracted to a couple of the other women. That would make her game plan more clear-cut if she wanted the money.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I think he's on to her though.
    When he made that comment about, if she could lie to the girls about whether they'd kissed, then she could lie to him, I thought the same. He's got her number. But he kept her and picked her first in order to bolster her ego after what she'd gone through in the first elimination, when she was chosen last. That was too considerate for someone who was worth a buck and whose motivations might be suspect. I think she has him snowed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast