+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How the game has changed

Premium Member
    Isn't nearly every person who appears on reality shows now?

I'm liking this show so far but I've never seen it before. Having trouble even following the discussions about the game changing, etc. oh well.

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

Is it just me, or does it seem entirely plausible that the producers picked which girl would be worth which check after seeing what their personalities are like? It seems to me those that are playing the hardest aren't worth $1,000,000.00

I wondered the same thing . . .knowing these sneaky NBC producers, NOTHING about the assigned dollar values is random. During the auditioning process, I'm sure the girls had to give lengthy interviews. Maybe they were even evaluated by a psychologist to see what makes them tick. Based on their answers, they were determined from the outset to be either a gold digger, or in it for the guy. Preston had to go through a similar process of his own, so they had a pretty good idea of which girls he would find the most attractive. Ergo, the girls who were most blatant about wanting the money (Rachel) AND the girls he would most likely choose (Rebekah) both got the $1 checks. He's already let the million-dollar girls go, as he was no doubt 'instructed' to do.

If the producers are hoping for a 'love' outcome, it makes sense to not give $1 million to the girls he is most likely to pick. Preston should really be glad, as this makes his task easier. Obviously he can pursue Rebekah with no conflict over whether she'd be as attractive to him as a person with a million dollars. Money's not an object, so he can go whole-heartedly after the girl. However--the test is still to come: If P. picks her, will Rebekah choose him over her whopping check that she knows nothing about?

And let's face it--the entertainment value of this program would not be so high if Rachel was worth more than a buck. She's so transparently about the money, it's constant hilarity as she digs herself deeper and deeper talking about HER check. If Preston really wanted to give us some entertainment, he should choose Rachel just to see her face after she tosses him over for her $1. THAT would be some good TV.

Preston and Rebekah could always continue to date after the show, after the men in little white coats have carted Rachel away . . .

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hikari

Preston and Rebekah could always continue to date after the show, after the men in little white coats have carted Rachel away . . .

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

I don't think the check values were assigned to the girls based on the producers opinions of who should get how much. On the first show, they had all the checks (with no names on them) and Jordan kind of mixed them all up, and then everyone got to choose her own check, so who got which amount was purely random.

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    That's the thing I like about this show... Just when everybody thinks they understand how it all works, they send The Evil Jordan in to tell them the rules have suddenly changed!
    berries -- just saw this post today -- HA!HA! Yeah, I love when "Evil Jordan" walks into the room and the women's jaws hit the floor knowing something is going to happen! Maybe one time Jordan will have their checks behind curtains, and Monty Hall will be be grinning ear-to-ear offering to let them swap!

That reminds me... I was going to post this earlier...
    The more slimy Preston seems, the more I LIKE Jordan... he seems kinda sexy lately for some reason.... I used to think he was "evil" - the bearer of bad news... but Preston is just so YUKK that it makes Jordan look good... I think I'd rather go on a date with him (Yes, I KNOW he's married! I was just sayin.....)

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    That reminds me... I was going to post this earlier...
    The more slimy Preston seems, the more I LIKE Jordan... he seems kinda sexy lately for some reason.... I used to think he was "evil" - the bearer of bad news... but Preston is just so YUKK that it makes Jordan look good... I think I'd rather go on a date with him (Yes, I KNOW he's married! I was just sayin.....)
    OH MY GOD! I was thinking the same thing! We know things are getting bad when Jordan starts to be appealing! Aaauuuggghhhh!

Just had another thought on how they could throw a twist into the game. Wouldn't it be great if at the elimination "ceremony", the ladies are offered the chance of chucking Preston, and picking their "true love" from the crew. . . . one of the cameramen, electricians, etc.????? Now that would be must-see tv!!!!!

!!!!!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Just had another thought on how they could throw a twist into the game. Wouldn't it be great if at the elimination "ceremony", the ladies are offered the chance of chucking Preston, and picking their "true love" from the crew. . . . one of the cameramen, electricians, etc.????? Now that would be must-see tv!!!!!
    The crew members do have favorites and even wager on the outcomes. The tech people are totally the best, professionals in their area and bring stability to the crew. I love the techies!

Contestants don't chat with crew until after they are eliminated. It is more than frowned upon and could get a crew member fired. Usually only the producers, PA's and makeup talk directly with the guests and certain topics are forbidden to all but producers. Occasionally after someone is eliminated a crew member will think so much of that person that they will then try to help them connect in LA. Phone numbers do get relayed to guests after they are eliminated on the show. Some guests may try to appear nice to other guests but are not nice people and it shows to the crew. For example some are rude to the sound guys when they put their mike on them. The guests who are nice people become evident pretty quickly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast