+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How the game has changed

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by realitynut
    I like the change this season with the dollar values to keep it interesting. They could have played the game the same way as last season though ... it didn't seem like Preston was familiar with the show or the host.

Is it just me, or does it seem entirely plausible that the producers picked which girl would be worth which check after seeing what their personalities are like? It seems to me those that are playing the hardest aren't worth $1,000,000.00

Also I love that during the confessionals, the girl's dollar value is noted under her name. Love that.

Since the checks were in invisible ink, I don't think the producers picked who got what. I would have if they hadn't drawn the checks in front of my eyes and then taken them in and put their names on them. But they did, so I think that was on the level.

I personally like the format, but it might be more fun if he didn't know their values either. It would make the game more fun to watch.

Personally, I'm pulling for Rachel. The look on her face when she takes the money and gets the $1 would just be priceless!
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    Personally, I'm pulling for Rachel. The look on her face when she takes the money and gets the $1 would just be priceless!
    My thoughts exactly! I guess I'm just mean, because I'll be laughing if no one 'gets' anything besides that one dollar! I'm not all that impressed with Preston anyway so if he gets no money and no girl either, I won't feel sorry for him at all. After all he is getting the "exposure", and his 15 minutes of fame.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

What I'm worried about it that Preston will pick Rachel and she'll pick the money (because she thinks she has a big cheque for some reason)... Then we'll all have a good laugh when they show her the amount of the cheque!! But then the producers will ask her if she wants to return (like Erin) and we'll have to watch the least deserving woman have her pick of 16 guys! That would not be fair!

I think the twist of the show will be that Preston will have to choose between Love or Money. For example, if it came down to Ali (One Million) and Rachel (One Buck), then Preston would have to choose between the woman or the Million minus the amount the contestant is playing for. So if he chose Rachel and she chose the money, she'd get one buck and he'd get $999,999! But if he chose Ali, he'd get a shot at the girl but NO money... like that. It would make the final episode very interesting.

One thing I wish they'd changed was having Jordan as the host. This guy is just sleazy and unlikable IMO. He looks like a reject from the Mafia... maybe the Godfather owns the hilltop estate and created a job for his misfit son! anything to keep him outta "Da Business". I wish he had been replaced by Kathy Griffin from the first Average Joe. She was funny and gave the show the proper sense of the absurd. Better yet, lets get Jerry Seinfeld out of retirement so that he can make smirking side comments about the contestants... then have Kramer show up as "one of the girls"! If George was the bachelor EVERY girl would choose the money!
    Last edited by B88ty; 06-16-2004 at 05:26 PM.

I like all twists of show so far. I hope Rachel got picked in the end. It would be really interesting to see her reaction when she found out the value of her check.

Yeah, they set Rachel up as the villian... and she's got a LOT of unlikable qualities. But she's not afraid to react with her ever mobile face and I find that the more I see of her the more I sorta LIKE her!!! GASP!!! GAG!!! They may be focusing our attention upon her early on because later she makes an amazing about face and actually ends up in love with Preston. That would be an interesting storyline, a good character arc. Preston is not a complete dunce and can probably already see that she's trying to mesmerize him with her feminine wiles. Right now she's going thru the motions.... perhaps later she'll feel the emotion... and fall in love for real.

Right now, though, she looks pretty jaded. An ex-stewardess who's seen too many one night stands.
    Last edited by B88ty; 06-16-2004 at 06:05 PM.

moneyPersonally, I'm pulling for Rachel. The look on her face when she takes the and gets the $1 would just be priceless![/QUOTE]

AMEN to that.

Classy30! I agree...Rachel all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Classy30
    moneyPersonally, I'm pulling for Rachel. The look on her face when she takes the and gets the $1 would just be priceless!
    [/QUOTE]
    Actually, I would love to see this happen to Andrea. She's being the biggest beeyotch there not Rachel. Rachel is just being herself and not pretending to anybody but Preston. You cannot convince me that all of these women are "starting to have feelings for Preston." Andrea had no interest in this guy whatsoever and the only difference between her and Rachel is she has no problem draping herself all over him no matter who is watching to achieve her goal...the $$$.

In my opinion, she's the biggest skank on this show not Rachel. :phhht

Maybe they should call this show "For Love or Money or Furthering Your Acting Career"! Isn't Andrea a wannabe actress?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast