+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How the game has changed

Quote Originally Posted by kaypasa2
    When he made that comment about, if she could lie to the girls about whether they'd kissed, then she could lie to him, I thought the same. He's got her number. But he kept her and picked her first in order to bolster her ego after what she'd gone through in the first elimination, when she was chosen last. That was too considerate for someone who was worth a buck and whose motivations might be suspect. I think she has him snowed.
    He kept her because he's a dude and she's a sure thing. He knows the lengths she'll go to in order to win and he also knows it's only $1. He's hoping to get a little action while he's there since that's all he's going to get from these women. Of the girls that are left, not one of them would pick him over the chance at $1M. It's Average Joe all over again.

Not that unusual IMO. Frequently, you'll know on sight whether you like someone or are attracted to them. Obviously, she wasn't or she sensed that he was more attracted to a couple of the other women. That would make her game plan more clear-cut if she wanted the money.
    I thought about this too. Personally I make these type of decisions fast, and given the situation they are in, I suppose it is fully justified to go after money if there is clearly no spark (women whom I really do not understand are those desperate ones who are crying that he doesn't notice them). However, I still dislike Rachel, it's such a pleasure/necessity to have a decent villain in a show like this.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

adm
    Not that unusual IMO. Frequently, you'll know on sight whether you like someone or are attracted to them. Obviously, she wasn't or she sensed that he was more attracted to a couple of the other women. That would make her game plan more clear-cut if she wanted the money.
    But it NEVER happens on these dating shows. We've seen some contestants leave after a few episodes, but no one EVER says "Meh, not so much" immediately on sight.

I agree with realitynut and charlie9. The show becomes more interesting with the twist. I love how the biggest gold diggers only have one buck.

I was wondering, in the end do the girls pick between him or the money? Preston seems like he wants to keep around the people with the most money, possibly thinking that he can get his hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I agree with realitynut and charlie9. The show becomes more interesting with the twist. I love how the biggest gold diggers only have one buck.

I was wondering, in the end do the girls pick between him or the money? Preston seems like he wants to keep around the people with the most money, possibly thinking that he can get his hands on it.

Not true, Preston has already gotten rid of 2 of the Million dollar check holders. Only one is left. There are more twists ahead so who knows what Preston's motivations are. I feel he may be looking for a connection with one of the ladies.

This is pure speculation but I think one of the twists may be that if the girl chooses Preston in the end, he then can choose whether he wanted the girl or her check. I think this was leaked in a newspaper, but I'm sorry I do not remember which paper or when I read it...

Hoping that is true - would love to see him string Rachel along then choose her $1.00 over her. (But, then the show would be (even) more pointless, right?)
    Why oh why do I watch.........
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by fairyprincess
    Not true, Preston has already gotten rid of 2 of the Million dollar check holders. Only one is left.
    I understand that, but Preston kept saying I wish she was worth more. I just don't think he had a connection with the million dollar girls, but he seemed like he wanted one.
    Last edited by AIWANNABE; 06-08-2004 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watches2MuchTV
    This is pure speculation but I think one of the twists may be that if the girl chooses Preston in the end, he then can choose whether he wanted the girl or her check. I think this was leaked in a newspaper, but I'm sorry I do not remember which paper or when I read it...
    Did Jordan not reveal this to Preston last night when he informed Preston of the amounts that each lady was worth? I thought he said that if Preston could convince the one he choses to pick him over the money then Preston would get the dollar value of that lady's check. Love the twist that Preston knows from the beginning that he can also play the same game as the ladies - ??love or money.

Quote Originally Posted by proudnewf
    Did Jordan not reveal this to Preston last night when he informed Preston of the amounts that each lady was worth? I thought he said that if Preston could convince the one he choses to pick him over the money then Preston would get the dollar value of that lady's check. Love the twist that Preston knows from the beginning that he can also play the same game as the ladies - ??love or money.
    I thought I heard that, too, and I'm pretty sure that Jordan said that it was an either/or choice...that he could choose the woman or the money.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast