+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Preston, the Bachelor

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    ... as some have already said, waaaay too dorky!
    I have to agree. If I saw him on the street in jeans and a T-shirt, I wouldn't think "hey, that guy could be the bachelor on a dating reality show", I'd be more likely to think "hey, that guy looks like he should be bagging groceries at Safeway..."

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    This guy does nothing at all for me, in the pic here or the modeling pics , and I waited until seeing the show to make sure-OK, sure now! Aside from his looks Preston seems "nice" enough but as some have already said, waaaay too dorky! And he plays golf, 'all summer long' so look for his life to revolve around that! But really, only one thing really bothered me about Preston, and it was so small a lot of you might have missed it. It was when he called (I believe) Rebeckah "an attractive female",as if she were a dog or some other kind of animal. It might sound crazy but every single man I have ever known who used that term as opposed to "woman", "lady", or even "girl", "chick" or whatever, has had real issues with thinking women are inferior to men. Just my experience, but it makes me pay close attention every time I hear that term.
    Yeah, I cringed when he said that. And I couldn't believe that he said it to her face. :rolleyes Why not just tell her she's a fine piece of meat or something equally eloquent?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    He reminds me a little of Andrew Firestone.
    ITA. With the exception that this guy even seems a little less refined (if that's possible). Of course, anyone will be better than Rob. He was simply AWFUL. :phhht

Interested to see how things develop.

I knew a guy named "Sterling" in college -- I think he must be Preston's long-lost twin. I don't know. . . not feeling a "connection" with him, but will wait and see where this journey takes me. Maybe if he really opens himself up to me. . . . .

preston gives me the heebie jeebies..he's so skeevy.. have you seen the way he looks at the girls? -like a total letch.. disgusting..

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    Yeah, I cringed when he said that. And I couldn't believe that he said it to her face. :rolleyes Why not just tell her she's a fine piece of meat or something equally eloquent?
    That really bugged me too! "You're an attractive FEMALE"...
    A woman would never say to a guy - "You're an attractive MALE" - it's just stupid. :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I knew a guy named "Sterling" in college -- I think he must be Preston's long-lost twin. I don't know. . . not feeling a "connection" with him, but will wait and see where this journey takes me. Maybe if he really opens himself up to me. . . . .
    Maybe we have to blame the parents who name their children pretentious yuppie names like that. Maybe it encourages their sons to grow up to be kinda dorky or something....
    I agree with you, roseskid - I'm not feeling a connection either! But I'll be along for the *amazing* journey too...

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    That really bugged me too! "You're an attractive FEMALE"...
    A woman would never say to a guy - "You're an attractive MALE" - it's just stupid. :phhht
    I just chocked it up to nerves and running out of things to say.

Quote Originally Posted by queeny
    I just chocked it up to nerves and running out of things to say.
    I've just run into too many men that use that terminology; real pigs, all of 'em once you get to know them! I bet he keeps Andrea around till the last two because he thinks she looks the best, but he'll end up with either Rebekah or PJ. Rebekah has the little cheerleader thing going on, PJ seems more small town naive; rightly or not they both seem "controllable". I hope I've misjudged Preston, but if not, I hope the lady he chooses catches him out and takes the money!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fan
    In terms of his looks, Preston reminds me of the actor who played the Jimmy (Berludi?) character on "The Practice"....

+ Reply to Thread