+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Preston, the Bachelor

"Mortgage Broker". Ha. Not aNOTHer one.

Mortgage Broker is the hot fake job du jour listed by all this B-list model/actor wannabes, 'cause it sounds more like a real, grownup job title for the old rez than "Still living in my parents' basement while I shoot underwear ads for gay mags' kinda thing.

Oops. That was Evan Marriott, who, we all know, drove a backhoe for a living.

But seriously, how many 'mortgage brokers' have been either the Bachelor or a contestant on one of these things? Alex Michel & about 9 out of 10 others. Bob Guiney. Aaron Buerge worked in his daddy's bank as a mortgage broker . . .(Now I'm frightening myself, that I can recall all these names, even for Bachelor shows I never saw!) It's an expensive, academic-sounding, catchy job title, but do any of these guys know what's involved in mortage brokering? That is an actual career field and not just a fantasy job title for an aspiring reality show contestant that wants to go to Hollywood?

I don't think so.

Regarding queenb's comments on not understanding why the ladies get all "google-eyed and giggly" in Preston's presence. .. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Actually I think since a lot of the women are wannabe-actors, the producers have cue cards they hold up saying things like "Squeal", "Jump up and Down", "Clap", "Swoon", etc. Or, perhaps they dangle something shiny just over their heads that we can't see!!!!!!
    OR, on second thought, maybe they're just smart enough (barely!) to realize the bigger fuss they make, the longer the cameras will be on them!!!!! - "look at me, look at me!!"
    Last edited by roseskid; 06-24-2004 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Regarding queenb's comments on not understanding why the ladies get all "google-eyed and giggly" in Preston's presence. .. . .
    OR, on second thought, maybe they're just smart enough (barely!) to realize the bigger fuss they make, the longer the cameras will be on them!!!!! - "look at me, look at me!!"
    And I'm sure they'll all end up with fabulous offers to star in major movies when this is all over!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011