+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: For Love or Money 3

Is he seriously????? Who would marry him??! Oh well, I wish the poor girl luck, she's gonna need it...
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Oh yeah. The bachelor is all about pretend romance , while FLOM cuts to the chase . It's all about the money bayBEE. I wonder how they duped this cast or guy into this. Everyone knows the NBC dating show was FLOM. Or is it an all Amish cast or something?
    I so agree with you!
    I also love the way it doesn't make the women pretend they aren't being manipulative...when really that's why we all watch the show. We want to SEE the manipulative cattiness. And some love at the end is nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    I'm sorry...I'm sure someone has already said this (might have even been me ) but Rob was the biggest tool in reality TV history.

Chad, on the other hand, was the biggest hottie in reality TV history.
    FULLY in agreement with you on both counts.

When I saw what a tool Rob was in the first episode, and I realized that in picking such a tool, they were basically FORCING these women to choose the money, thus revealing the ridiculousness of the whole Bachelor "romance" thing, I thought, "Now here's a cynical, snarky reality show I can get behind!"

Quote Originally Posted by leogirl_21

Rob has got to be the DULLEST Human Being! Chad V. was hot!
    It was so perversely fun watching Rob looking for three brain cells to rub together to come up with his little speeches each time he had to dump a girl, when you knew at the end he too was going to get the boot.

Likewise it was great to see that Chad truly was as great as he seemed when he was willing to forgo the money.

I just adore this show.

Checking it all out!
    Is the premiere still scheduled for June7th? I read somewhere it is being postponed until August.
    Mizz Piper

As of right now, the NBC web site still says it's coming on June 7.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    As of right now, the NBC web site still says it's coming on June 7.
    I've seen numerous commercials for it within the last week. They are all saying premiers June 7th...

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9
    It was so perversely fun watching Rob looking for three brain cells to rub together to come up with his little speeches each time he had to dump a girl, when you knew at the end he too was going to get the boot.

Likewise it was great to see that Chad truly was as great as he seemed when he was willing to forgo the money.

I just adore this show.

It also turned out that Chad didn't need the money.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    He narrows the field down to one girl. She then has the choice of him or the money. This season, the money appears to be a secret amount that only Preston knows.

If she chooses him, she doesn't get the money. But if she chooses the money, she gets her check, in whatever amount it may be.
    My guess is he'll choose the woman who stands to make the least if she chooses the money.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Southern born and bred
    I loved the first two seasons of FLOM. Rob was the whole reason I watched the first season. It's like when you see a bad accident and you want to look away but you just can't. What I remember most (besides the boot incident) was how he talked, especially at the ring ceremonies when he had to give a little speech to each woman. He drags out the final syllable of each sentence. "I really like youuuuuuu" "I'm really sorreeeeeee. I shouldn't have done thaaaaaaaaat."(after the boot incident) Seriously funny. I liked the second season just because of the romance factor with Erin and Chad. Erin was playing for 2 million, the guys for 1 million, so they weren't choosing love unless they really thought they had something. The money made things "real". As a viewer it was fascinating to watch, unlike some other reality romance shows where you feel manipulated as the viewer b/c you never see the romance at all!!! Ok, no more about that, different forum. I can't wait to see FLOM 3!
    "Just another day in Paradise."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast