+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: For Love or Money 3

I can't wait for this season! And for the record, Rob is the worst dumper in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE FLOM, the Bachelor is ok on some seasons because of the romance, but here we know they're really serious! Keep thinking back to Chad yanking her around last year :love and really telling in the confessional that between Erin and money there can never be a competition. After that I was completely and fully hooked on the premise of this show. And yea I read in People that they're engaged and living together aww. So cute
    Can anyone post recent news on Chad and Erin?

FLOM was better than the bachelor to me because the romance was so real -- even Rob's crush on Erin was so real that he did stupid things. I so loved that Erin could hardly even fake it with any of the guys and really only kissed Chad. The lack of suspense and surprise was so unimportant (bachelor should take note -- always hiding the best romance stuff for the sake of suspense).

Why is it that the real, lasting romance seems to come only when the women are the chooser -- Trish, Erin, Meredith? Andrew gets props for at least attempting a real relationship even if it didn't last that long.

This is for anyone who hasn't seen FLOM or FLOM2...this show is awesome! It always keeps you in suspense and it flows well and is interesting. And the money thing is always a huge factor in most of the decisions made.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Could somone tell me what the show is about, and what this buck or million thing is as well?

He narrows the field down to one girl. She then has the choice of him or the money. This season, the money appears to be a secret amount that only Preston knows.

If she chooses him, she doesn't get the money. But if she chooses the money, she gets her check, in whatever amount it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    He narrows the field down to one girl. She then has the choice of him or the money. This season, the money appears to be a secret amount that only Preston knows.

If she chooses him, she doesn't get the money. But if she chooses the money, she gets her check, in whatever amount it may be.
    Oh, sounds evil. I would probably take the money and then get the guy afterwards.

So what was the outcome of previous seasons? They probably all took the money, huh?

No, surprisingly, I think they both chose love. And one of the couples is living together.

Actually, in season 1 Rob chose Erin, but Erin chose the money. Then when Erin was the star of season 2, she chose Chad and he chose love (Erin) over money. They're still together.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

To further extend on how the 1st 2 season went:

In season 1, Rob picked Erin in the end. Erin picked the million dollars over Rob. Then, at the end of the show, Erin had the option of keeping her million, or playing the game again, only she's dating all of the guys. If the guy chooses her, she wins 2 million, if he picks money, she gets nothing. It wound up that she picked Chad and he picked her, so she got the guy and the money. Also for a twist, they brought Rob back into the picture when there were 3 or 4 guys left and all of the other guys were told that they knew each other from somewhere. Erin or Rob weren't allowed to tell the other contestants how they met originally. And also the guys had no clue that Erin knew about them playing for her or the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Actually, in season 1 Rob chose Erin, but Erin chose the money. Then when Erin was the star of season 2, she chose Chad and he chose love (Erin) over money. They're still together.
    Right, Erin chose the money over Rob (b/c she didn't love him) BUT you could clearly say that Rob chose love over money since he had a slam dunk at the time if he chose naive Paige. Paige would have chosen him and he would have gotten the $.

They played it up as if Erin had the same situation but I think she did know that Chad had more real feelings for her than the number 2 guy (whom she barely even kissed and he really questioned her feelings for him towards the end).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast