+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chad and Erin articles

Okay, I am a sucker, but I do think that Erin and Chad make a nice and believable couple.

I think that they are both genuinely smitten with each other, though they are both reserved by nature. I actually think they have a better shot than Trista and Ryan.

This forum has been pretty anti-Erin but I generally like her. And, Chad is the hottest guy that I have seen on any of these matchmaking reality shows.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by emily5
    I would bet my own reality series that she knew all along she was going to choose Chad and Wade was just there for the ride.
    Didn't Erin say in one of the articles that she wanted to be with Chad from the very start? Erin did seem to have the most attraction for Chad, at least physical attraction. They were all over each other whereas she didn't even want to touch Rob and only gave Wade a peck on the cheek. I don't know why she was kissing Eric like that in the hot tub. It did seem like she was cornered by Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by #1catty
    Didn't Erin say in one of the articles that she wanted to be with Chad from the very start? Erin did seem to have the most attraction for Chad, at least physical attraction. They were all over each other whereas she didn't even want to touch Rob and only gave Wade a peck on the cheek. I don't know why she was kissing Eric like that in the hot tub. It did seem like she was cornered by Eric.
    Cornered? First of all, she chose him for a dinner and then agreed to continue in a hot-tub with him. Erin was into Eric for a while but Chad was a better choice from all angles and she switched.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    Cornered? First of all, she chose him for a dinner and then agreed to continue in a hot-tub with him. Erin was into Eric for a while but Chad was a better choice from all angles and she switched.

But seriously, Eric was the one who was making all the moves. I don't think that Erin liked it. After that hot date, Erin and Eric should have had this 'strong' connection. But before the elimination ceremony, Eric was only "mildly" confident that he would stick around.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar
    Chad is the hottest guy that I have seen on any of these matchmaking reality shows.
    Oh my God, I agree. I watched several episodes of the Bachelorette, but none of the guys caught my eye. Ryan was sweet, but he wasn't much of a looker. All the other guys looked ok. I know I'm very shallow.
    I think FLOM 2 had the best looking guys (okay, just 2). Besides Chad, there was Wade who's also very handsome. Rob was too weird and swarmy. Eric was too girly.
    For the next Bachelorette, ABC needs to find good-looking guys.

But seriously, Eric was the one who was making all the moves. I don't think that Erin liked it. After that hot date, Erin and Eric should have had this 'strong' connection. But before the elimination ceremony, Eric was only "mildly" confident that he would stick around.
    Erin is a strategist. For example, I am 100% positive she did not kiss Wade so he could tell Chad about it and this would make Chad feel better about her. For a strategist, the fact that Eric is younger and less financially secured than Chad means that he is not the best for the final choice. But he is good for kissing in a hot tub. Why not play around with him when it's not too far into the game.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

I tend to agree that she was somewhat cornered. However, I could not understand why she picked him for that one on one date. Granted, it was early and she had not spent much time with Chad at that point, but still.

And, it seemed that maybe she did not like his aggressiveness on that date because she visibly cooled to him thereafter. I honestly think that one of the reasons she kept Rob around one more episode was because she couldn't take anymore time with Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar
    I tend to agree that she was somewhat cornered. However, I could not understand why she picked him for that one on one date. Granted, it was early and she had not spent much time with Chad at that point, but still.

And, it seemed that maybe she did not like his aggressiveness on that date because she visibly cooled to him thereafter. I honestly think that one of the reasons she kept Rob around one more episode was because she couldn't take anymore time with Eric.
    From Erin's interview on NBC.com:

"- Which guy surprised you the most?
    - The one Iím with, for sure. And Eric."

She liked Eric but have strategized that he is too much of a risk. That's all.

I read that article also. I think the producers knew early on that Erin wanted to be with Chad. But, the show must go on and the ratings need to be up. They needed to keep the drama going with clever editing and Erin needed to appear interersted in more than just one man. (Think back to editing in the last Bachelor series when Andrew knew that he would choose Jen earlier in the series but had to keep going with the remaining ladies until the end of the series). Drama, ratings, drama, ratings!

In one of the articles I read that Erin went to the producers after they dropped the surprise of bringing Rob back - she was very upset that this would be detrimental to her current relationship with the remaining guys (I can't remember the exact words from the article). I think to appease Erin's being upset (and knowing her attraction to Chad), they arranged in the following week, when the man who knew the most about Erin got to choose which dates they would go on, that that man would be Chad. Pleeaazzze - are we expected to believe that Rob "who just wanted to be with Erin" did not know the color of her eyes!

Anyhoo, I am happy the way it turned out. Erin said in another article that about an hour before the finale the producers gave her the option of sharing the $1 million with whomever she chose (knowing it would be Chad) and hence that blank cheque just happened to be handy.

I wish Erin and Chad happiness and hope that now they have been out of the contrived, controlled environment of the series for a while that they can seriously work on their relationship and see where it goes. Of course, we don't know if they are locked into a clause of the contract to do public appearances for a certain period after the series ends.

I read the People article, but we haven't gotten the US Weekly yet (Hawaii always gets things last).

I think they are cute together (and will have pretty babies if it gets that far). They are obviously hung up on each other as shown by how much time they have and are spending together. (People says they snuck out to meet each other - usually at his place - 20 times during interim before then show ended).

Both of them are reserved and reticent to talk about their feelings for each other. Every time Chad was asked about his feelings toward her, he said "Pass". I got the impression he wants out of the limelight and is uncomfortable with the media scrutiny on what is a private relationship. (Sorry, bud, you shouldn't have gone on TV to find a girl and been picked). Unfortunately, that scrutiny is unavoidable, at least for awhile.

I hope they make it. They seem very compatible and very infatuated with each other. And - they have a certain maturity that other Reality show match-ups have lacked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast